I've Switched to AMD.

it is not on par with the HT, it is beyond it! it has been written and reviewed that the X2 is NOT a gaming processor, for that get an fx-55 or fx-57 if gaming is your life. the X2 is more for media and design, as well as gaming, but not as hardcore. so evaluate your actual needs

With those extra 56.00 bucks you have left is it? Buy your self a nice Fan and overclock that baby to make it like the socket 754 and set it to 2.4ghz for some very nice performance.. Great choice on the CPU man Im using a 3400+ for almost a year now and Im very satisfied :).

Its good to have you on the "Light" side :p :laugh:

People might think you got hacked!! haha... seems so different.

The 4400 X2 is like $700.00. I think thats way too much. The 4200 X2(Manchester) is 545... I think I'll pass for now.

I'll miss HT but I'm not going to make a stink about it.

586240399[/snapback]

I got my 4400+ for $529 OEM from Monarch, plus $15 for the 3 year warrenty, not a bad deal.

it is not on par with the HT, it is beyond it! it has been written and reviewed that the X2 is NOT a gaming processor, for that get an fx-55 or fx-57 if gaming is your life. the X2 is more for media and design, as well as gaming, but not as hardcore. so evaluate your actual needs

586240404[/snapback]

The X2 is a gaming procesor if you also use the other benefits it provides. My games do not run any worse than my 3500+ at the same speed (though the X2 has double the cache per core than the 3500+ had). It is not strictly meant to be for gaming only, if that is what you meant. I think it's the best all around processor, it does gaming subperbly, as well as multimedia tasks as well. FX's are too over priced for what they are really worth, I'd rather just bump up a standard Athlon 64 using the RAM for increased performance, rather than bumping the multiplier, which only gives clock speed, not increased memory performance at the same time.

My PC Died today and I'm moving to AMD.

I require an AGP based motherboard because of my new AGP 6800GT.

I NEED TO PLAY MY GAMES!!!  :laugh:

I was looking @ Socket 939 and wasn't sure what I can get in the AGP dept...

I welcome as much help as you guys can give me...

Thx..

-Steven :)

Edit (6:32pm AZ) - Signature / Avatar Updated.

:::looks around sees AMD crowd is scared to approach....:cry: , waves goodbye to my fellow Intelites......:::

586239608[/snapback]

Welcome to the REAL world of computing POWER :yes:

Shopping cart? Make than an invoice! I command you!

586240459[/snapback]

Tomorrow...thats when I get paid. ;)

You got any recommendations for 939 CPU's?  :unsure:

586239922[/snapback]

I had a xp-120 for a good period of time before I moved my server to watercooling. I would definitely reccomend it. Make sure to choose a quiet fan with good cfm to accompany it. You will be able to overclock a good amount with that heatsink/board/cpu setup most likely.

:omg: Steven, AMD, they just don't seem to match.... what's going on Steven? Are you sick? :laugh:

Welcome aboard :yes:

586240222[/snapback]

The Arizona heat has warped my brain..... :wacko:

welcome to the family :D

you know AMD dual-core processors are coming out soon.

586240489[/snapback]

I think you're a few weeks behind ;)

welcome to the family :D

586240489[/snapback]

And welcome to the middle of July, where dual cores are everywhere already.

I knew as soon as I made the title change some mac dude would come in and not read the thread  :laugh:

586240131[/snapback]

no mine stating the g5 was just random as i just got one and might consider a amd box

no mine stating the g5 was just random as i just got one and might consider a amd box

586240590[/snapback]

oh.. :)

my pocket wont. :p

586240620[/snapback]

Your pocket will love what your TELL it to love.