Opera to be Free

firefox3bd.th.jpg

You'll really have to explain to me how this is bloated. The entire point of Firefox was to take Mozilla and make a stripped down, bare bones web browser out of it.  :rolleyes:

That's off topic though, this is about Opera. I think it's great that they are making it free today. I almost bought it a few years ago, but it lacks the ability to add features I like (most importantly AdBlock, Nuke Anything, Customize Google, and many others). When I tried it today I had to close it back down. Huge banner ads everywhere...no.  :no:

586455044[/snapback]

By default opera has one maybe two more buttons than that when you start it up.

By default opera has one maybe two more buttons than that when you start it up.

I know; I didn't say Opera was bloated, but neither is Firefox.

Threads merged ... :wacko:

586454474[/snapback]

I think that puts the count at like 9. :rofl:

Its always been free  :shifty:  :ninja:

586454480[/snapback]

Stop trolling

I got a code from Opera's site and used it on my old PC where I had Opera installed. But can I use that same registration code on another computer? Or must I sign up with another email address and get a new code?

I got a code from Opera's site and used it on my old PC where I had Opera installed. But can I use that same registration code on another computer? Or must I sign up with another email address and get a new code?

586455609[/snapback]

whatever, but I'd use another email account I guess

just use your girlfriend/boyfriend wife/husband or anyone else hehe

Opera Without Java (Free Registration Key) 8.02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit http://my.opera.com/community/party/reg.dml for your free registration until 12 a.m. Wednesday, August 31 2005 (PDT).

Opera Software ASA is an industry leader in the development of Web browsers for the desktop and device markets. The Opera browser has received international recognition from end-users and the industry press for being faster, smaller and more standards-compliant than other browsers, and it has gathered a cult following on the net.

Opera has proved itself faster than the competition in magazine tests for home users. Opera is significantly faster on computers with lower modem speeds and weaker system resources. And these are also the types of computers that many home users are equipped with today. It may be more difficult to notice the difference if you are running a machine with the latest in processors, available memory, and a fast connection, but it is still there.

ctrl h toggles the tray icon

586456219[/snapback]

Strange, because all of a sudden the icon fired up even when Opera's not hidden.

EDIT: never mind. If you use the IRC / M2 client the tray icon always appears in the tray.

Edited by rm20010

what is this ad BS? Firefox is free and doesn't have ads.

586456421[/snapback]

Ya, but not everyone wants to use Firefox. Some of us find Opera to be a better alternative, despite the cost.

I like it but I don't think it will replace Firefox. I have grown accustomed to my setup and the look and feel of Firefox and don't like Opera. Now if I could get those tabs skinier and a better normal windows skin the maybe but how it looks now? No. All in all it's good to have 3 spare keys for a great program if Firefox ever blows up.

what is this ad BS? Firefox is free and doesn't have ads.

586456421[/snapback]

You do realize the purpose of this thread is so people can get opera for free, no-ads, right?

Please learn to read people.

Whats wrong with them!

It gives me the table but without the codes!

VidER

586457222[/snapback]

Hmm. Try refreshing the page, I guess? Or at the last ditch option swap browsers - if you're using FF - and try again.

There's still approximately 1.5 hours left for this offer.