MSN Messenger .NET 5.0.0317

I dloaded the msn installment files - dis the reg file and exe file but I cant even sighn in - some crappy thing about password not being correct - although 4.6 works like a charm - what is wrong here >?

Originally posted by Munir

Anyone know how to keep the Tabs visible? Because every time you send Messenger to the tray or start messenger, the tabs aren't visible until you put your cursor over that area where they are located. So I was just wondering if there is a way to keep them there all the time, without having to drag your cursor over them to make them appear.

right now im making up a pack

it includes: MSN Messenger 5

The Registry Fix

The Fixed Messenger 5 EXE

The Ad Patch

The patched msgslang.dll to see tabs

Read the instructions carefully..and yes i know most of you are having trouble with LAG..im working on it..im pretty sure its the server........anyway

HERES THE PACK :)....Download

-DigitalDJ

any1 got a fix for the LAG problem yet??

if i logon to servers with the port 1682 i get extreme LAG..not able to send/retrive msgs

if i logon to port 1683 (Normal MSN port) i get no lag but kicked off every 30 secs

ne1 fixed this?

thnx

digi

Originally posted by bobbes

I dloaded the msn installment files - dis the reg file and exe file but I cant even sighn in - some crappy thing about password not being correct - although 4.6 works like a charm - what is wrong here >?

by default there is no server configured in the registry to logon!

thats y we use the reg file to put in a server then we use the patched EXE to logon to 4.6/4.7 servers

I was thinking of editing my msn, making an addon that is sort of like MSN Plus! but only change the away system to it would reply with a message etc. How would I go about doing that?

Originally posted by DigitalDJ

right now im making up a pack

it includes: MSN Messenger 5

The Registry Fix

The Fixed Messenger 5 EXE

The Ad Patch

The patched msgslang.dll to see tabs

Read the instructions carefully..and yes i know most of you are having trouble with LAG..im working on it..im pretty sure its the server........anyway

HERES THE PACK :)....Download

-DigitalDJ

Thanks DigitalDJ, worked great! Servers are a bit laggy but other than that i've been on 10 minutes so far and haven't been signed off, and best yet NO ADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks again! :)

hey do i have to run .NET or it works on XP Pro? cuz right now it's installed but it aint connecting, it tells me that the login aint good, or the pass or the service is down...

Originally posted by Impulfusion

how can i get rid of the ads ?

Get DigitalDJ's pack here, and if you already haveMSN Messenger installed, follow the installation instructions after the point where it says to install.

Originally posted by JasonC1986

Get DigitalDJ's pack here, and if you already haveMSN Messenger installed, follow the installation instructions after the point where it says to install.

nice, i got it and everything works fine :)

Thanks

Originally posted by lazydesert

uninstall it

start>run

RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection %windir%INFmsmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

it's not working, i did what u told me, then it removed the files and MSN Messenger 5 was not working no more... is there any other way? or MSN 5 uses Windows Messenger?

Hello everyone;

I would like to first say that the MSN 5.0 fix works flawlessly for me; thank you to all that made it happen.

However, I'm a little confused about something. When the MSN 5 fix is used with port 1863 (the normal MSN port), the server commands OUT right before disconnecting the client, even though the challenge conflict was resolved and the server is speaking MSNP7. This is also weird because the client never sends the OUT command to the server.

Could someone who understands this explain it to me?

Thank you,

appzter

just used it a few times without restarting...

worked fine as far as i could tell, but now i get disconnected after 30sec. again, i've noticed msn changes the server settings in the registery by itsself, does anybody have the same problem?

after reinstalling the patches it works fine again for 3 times or so...

I have tried all the solutios in this thread, but I am still being signed after 20 sec.

nexios server never worked for me.

I am in the Middle East.

Is there any solution for this.

Originally posted by Impulfusion

it's not working, i did what u told me, then it removed the files and MSN Messenger 5 was not working no more... is there any other way? or MSN 5 uses Windows Messenger?

same here, i removed it and msn5 won't work but as soon as i reinstall 4.6 it does :s