AIM Triton Beta 1.1.4

I just want a validating bug solution :cry:

Same here, but I got an email back from Greg this morning saying he was close to the fix so I appreciate that. I'll continue to wait, no rush.

Same here, but I got an email back from Greg this morning saying he was close to the fix so I appreciate that. I'll continue to wait, no rush.

OK, so we have a challenge...and that is called the holidays. Unfortunately, and I hate playing the blame game, especially since the people are not here to defend themselves, the problem is not anywhere in the IM code itself...so the people who need to look at this are not going to fix this before the holidays are over. Now the good news, we have obviously identified the area of code that is causing the problem, so a fix can't be too far off now. I will keep you updated as much as I can...

OK, so i just downloaded and installed Triton... for the second time :cry: , ANYWAY, ever single time i try to launch Triton, i get an error, "ERROR: Could not create boxely service." ok... so like a good aim user, i went to Aim.com to look for some help or info... nothing, i googled Boxely and found this, and some other info...but nothing on what i can do about it, now if any of you can help me on this, that would be just fabulous.....and has anyone else been faced with this problem?

by the way, the second time i dowloaded Triton, i first uninstalled Aim (most recent...can't remember numbers)

It looks like the culprit for the AIM Triton validating bug is Nero 7. I read this on greg's blog and immediatly updated my Nero and now Triton validates with no issues. Kinda interesting. I wonder what caused this issue. If anyone else is still experiencing the issue and isn't running Nero let me know.

It looks like the culprit for the AIM Triton validating bug is Nero 7. I read this on greg's blog and immediatly updated my Nero and now Triton validates with no issues. Kinda interesting. I wonder what caused this issue. If anyone else is still experiencing the issue and isn't running Nero let me know.

I get the validating bug and do not have Nero. (Although I used to about a year ago. Still could be entries, files left from that?)

Yes, it is still on the computer then. I had the same issue where I uninstalled it and as soon as I read this I reinstalled nero 7 and updated and it works. I don't know the fix for people who have uninstalled it sorry. My guess would be to remove every possible file effected by Nero.

Does anyone know why is it that regardless of setting it up so that I ONLY receive IMs from people on my buddy list I'm still receiving annoying notifications of IMs from unknown senders at least twice a day? Triton asks me if I want to read them or not. why this contradiction in settings? Am I missing something?

On prior versions once you set it to receive IMs ONLY from buddies that was it all other IMs were ignored and end of the story, this is really annoying!

all i want is font support, thats my main goal. that and a working buddy profile and i would be happy to dl. oh and non of that aol explorer.

Download the latest ad hacked version and you wont get any of the AOL garbage.

does it have font support?

Right now it only supports about 10-12 different fonts I think. I don't know if thats what your asking or not.

Does this beta fix the problem where the program still runs at start up even though you tell it not to?

As far as I can tell, Yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you see my post regarding Nero? It worked, just so you know.

Yeah saw it, thx...boy is that scary though...as usual my QA can't reproduce the issue with Nero, so it looks like I have to start guessing why this happens. FWIW, did you experience the validating hang from the very first Triton install you did? If not, which build caused it and was the build installed after you installed Nero 7.0.1.2?

Only happened a week or so into using the latest version, what is that 1.1.4? I had nero installed before the validating problem, but it was 7.0.0. I updated to 7.0.whatever the latest is and it fixed the bug when i re-installed triton. I tried installing triton earlier in the day without the nero update and it wasn't working, so it was definately nero that fixed the problem.

as usual, waiting for AIM AD Hack. In my review of Triton, I recommend everyone use AD Hack. I love the software, but would never use the default installer. I think I read somewhere that MIcrosoft Antispyware gives something like 10 alerts during the installation using the official installer.

great review bangbang.

The validating thing.

Well we know of two separate issues. If you are using a non-US English Language setting in Windows, there will be an issue. The fix is forthcoming, hopefully real real soon. Second, upgrading Nero to 7.0.1.4b seems to fix the problem for many. It is not Nero's fault, and we are determining what is causing this problem for us, and why Nero's latest build is actually "fixing" the issue for people.

I don't have a non English language setting in Windows. Also, what is Nero? I've never heard of it.

Nero is software that allows you to burn CDs. Lots of machines come with it pre-loaded, so you may have it and not know it. If you have it installed you may want to try upgrading.

Ok, i feel like this post is not in the right place, but i really need some help here w/ Nero.

I just installed Nero 7 Ultra on my computer. Now, the first thing that went wrong was that I associated every file extentstion w/ Nero and i really didnt want to do that. (Is there a way to reverse this?)

So, my next problem is that I now get the Validating Hang. I heard that upgrading to 1.1.4b (or whatever the version number is) fixes the problem. Well, i downloaded the upgrade, and while i run the upgrade and its extracting the .cab files, it gets a CRC error at the end.

So, my next option here would be to just uninstall Nero. When I uninstall Nero, it doesnt completely remove from my pc. There are still soo many instances of it in the registry. And on top of that.. Triton still does not work completely.

So as i stand now.. I have Nero 7 Ultra installed on my pc. I cant upgrade it, and i cant really delete it.

Can someone pleasssseee help me here.

Either help me to upgrade it, OR completely delete all instances.

Thanks.