Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

Do they hate Canadians or something?

I can't submit any bugs (And I found like 3... Other people probably submitted them already :( ) because the "beta" didn't start yet.

The weird part is that I got an email with the download, and two invitations already! (I ALREADY USED THEM)

:|

Same problem. I sent them an email and they just responded that they sent it on some other department...

If anyone still has an invite to spare I promise to send someone a Windows Live Mail Beta invite as soon as they become available to me. I can't wait to test Live Messenger, I got a little taste about a month ago and I loved it. Anyway, I would really appreciate an invite, and as I said I will send you a Mail Beta invite when they are available for me.

Oh jeesh, MS emailed me telling me that i was accepted to Mail beta but unfortunately I used gmail and now I have to ask for the invite using a hotmail account...I'm not sure how they'll be able to know that I'm me....

And this is very good marketing strategy that MS learnt from google lol. This is very much like the Gmail craze, cept theres more products being thrown around.

And this is very good marketing strategy that MS learnt from google lol. This is very much like the Gmail craze, cept theres more products being thrown around.

I have to agree with you there :yes: MS made a very good move with the whole "live" thing. I don't know how the average user will like it but it's definitely creating a stir in the geek community :p

I have to agree with you there :yes: MS made a very good move with the whole "live" thing. I don't know how the average user will like it but it's definitely creating a stir in the geek community :p

And I've never realised how many people have been invited untill just now when I've actually looked through the topics here on Neowin...I suppose it's because this is a geek community but it's still amazing that MS is actually allowing so many people access...

Oh jeesh, MS emailed me telling me that i was accepted to Mail beta but unfortunately I used gmail and now I have to ask for the invite using a hotmail account...I'm not sure how they'll be able to know that I'm me....

i think theres still a way to get the code for the activation link...ive heard its in the header of the email, thats if you break down the email in to all text and look at the links just try and find a link that has acception or accept i cant remember =S

Nah, thats only for an invite to the WLM beta. If its an invite for teh mail beta... bad luck if it was sent to a gmail address. Ph34r the revenge of microsoft! :shiftyninja:

You will have to try signing up with your hotmail account. Although it does beg the question, why did you try signing up for mail beta with your gmail account.... Mail beta is the next iteration of hotmail, so it would never let you use your gmail...

agreed with you guys too slimy, this is pretty much gmail frenzy all over again, cept its over a program

Well, anyone CAN download WLM 8, but they can't log on... so it IS an ACCOUNT thing :p

You will have to try signing up with your hotmail account. Although it does beg the question, why did you try signing up for mail beta with your gmail account.... Mail beta is the next iteration of hotmail, so it would never let you use your gmail...

Well... I signed up with my gmail accout because I use my gmail for my .NET PASSPORT on Messenger. But I forwarded it to my hotmail and it worked so it won't let me use my gmail for the messenger on BETA and I don't want to reinstall the other version cause I like WLM so I will have to stick with my hotmail until it's final I guess :(.

This may have been asked before (to many pages of people beeging for invites to go through), is it known if you are invited to WLM8 by someone in the beta will you also get invites?

No, it doesn't. It means you can send a message to an offline contact and they will receive it when they sign on.

Serious? I was under the impression from all of the marketing on the blog that it only was for sending messages to contacts while you were offline... so what do they call that? If they call both of them offline messaging... so help me god... :rofl:

ok i've found this on Live Messenger help page..

The Windows Live Messenger beta was released on December 14, 2005 to a limited group of beta users in the US, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Brazil, Korea, Netherlands, and Spain markets. Access to this version is limited and is controlled through invitations that are sent to a limited number of users. Participants in the beta will also be able to send a limited number of invitations to join the beta to friends and family members. People that accept an invitation will be able to install Messenger beta and try out the same features as the person that sent them the invitation

to guys who keyed in the invitation code on MS Connect with country code other than those countries

will have to wait longer, or perhaps might only have a chance when it's only been finalised :unsure:

and to those who have applied using of the countries' code but not being chosen yet..

sorry to say, u have no luck this time.. have to continue waiting or just wait for the final .. :cool:

ok i've found this on Live Messenger help page..

to guys who keyed in the invitation code on MS Connect with country code other than those countries

will have to wait longer, or perhaps might only have a chance when it's only been finalised :unsure:

and to those who have applied using of the countries' code but not being chosen yet..

sorry to say, u have no luck this time.. have to continue waiting or just wait for the final .. :cool:

uh, what MS connect?

its a super secret, uber classified temple where nerds gather to worship microsoft.

actually no, its "the new product development collaboration site at Microsoft."

In other words, its the place where testers get to beta test new products, and leave feedback, and stuff like that.