Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

You are so lucky..

I am still waiting the invite

hahaha i didn't really get one.. i was being sarcastic :( i have been here since the last thread (that went crazy) started... ohhgod im so lonely!! why does this take so long!!! :(

I guess im just going insane and starting to believe i have one .. like a state of denial about not getting one so many times hahaha

hahaha i didn't really get one.. i was being sarcastic :( i have been here since the last thread (that went crazy) started... ohhgod im so lonely!! why does this take so long!!! :(

I guess im just going insane and starting to believe i have one .. like a state of denial about not getting one so many times hahaha

I had been here a long time and posted many time..

but i still do not get any invite..

Hmmm... this is bugging me.... I was invited to the beta by a member here on Neowin (Thanks again!! :D ) But the thing is, I cannot for the life of me find out how to submit a bug to Microsoft (I've read through this thread and looked at ideas/connect and other things and still can't find it!). Are the people who are invited by other beta tester able to submit bugs? Or is it just the beta testers who was selected by Microsoft? I can see in the "Help" menu it says "Submit feedback" I click it and receive an error message:

"This service is currently not available. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please try one of the following options for assistance;"

Is there a way to submit a bug? Sorry, I know this has been asked throughout this thread I just can't seem to find it!!

quick question:

how can i make my contacts to show just the msn icon onstead of the display picture like in the photo, thkz???

mess80ts.th.jpg

Below your display pic and above your contacts is a lil white msn guy. next to him is a menu button. click the menu button and click show details. voila

Hmmm... this is bugging me.... I was invited to the beta by a member here on Neowin (Thanks again!! :D ) But the thing is, I cannot for the life of me find out how to submit a bug to Microsoft (I've read through this thread and looked at ideas/connect and other things and still can't find it!). Are the people who are invited by other beta tester able to submit bugs? Or is it just the beta testers who was selected by Microsoft? I can see in the "Help" menu it says "Submit feedback" I click it and receive an error message:

"This service is currently not available. We are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as quickly as possible. Please try one of the following options for assistance;"

Is there a way to submit a bug? Sorry, I know this has been asked throughout this thread I just can't seem to find it!!

Only beta testers are able to report bugs by means of Microsoft Connect (I've already submitted one). Nonetheless, if you are not a beta tester picked by MS (I mean a person invited by a beta tester) you can do it by means of the official Windows Live Messenger 8.0 blog.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

C?sar:))

Only beta testers are able to report bugs by means of Microsoft Connect (I've already submitted one). Nonetheless, if you are not a beta tester picked by MS (I mean a person invited by a beta tester) you can do it by means of the official Windows Live Messenger 8.0 blog.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

C?sa:):)

Ah right - thanks! I thought it might be something like that...but thanks for confirming it for me!

Except for MSN, where offline messaging means you can send messages to contacts when your status is appear offline. I don't know why they don't have a feature like Yahoo's...

No, it doesn't. It means you can send a message to an offline contact and they will receive it when they sign on.

Will you be able to send files etc. to people that you're talking to whilst in offline mode in the final version? I can't see why not...

ohh dear, this is a let down. I like MSN 7.5. But we will have to use the new one. if we are to stay with msn. Most people I know only have a msn, and dont use yahoo or the like. So this crap will have to do.

Could anyone invite me, please?

I think i'm almost the only one that is testing for Microsoft, that haven't getted this beta =(

Maybe it is becuase i live in Norway?

Anyway, my e-mail is: brock64@gmail.com.

Thanks in advance =)

Honestly, the next person who posts their email in this thread asking for an invite, I'm going to sign them up for enough spam to fill a gmail inbox. Please people, stop doing it.

Do they hate Canadians or something?

I can't submit any bugs (And I found like 3... Other people probably submitted them already :( ) because the "beta" didn't start yet.

The weird part is that I got an email with the download, and two invitations already! (I ALREADY USED THEM)

The beta has not yet started but keep an eye on your inbox for an email from us with information on where to download the software.

:|