Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

I got my invite finally :D...where do you download it from? in ideas.live.com Windows Live Messenger BETA is still listed as "coming soon" and in connect, I'm listed as active in the Windows Live Messenger BETA but in the download section is empty :/

I got my invite finally :D...where do you download it from? in ideas.live.com Windows Live Messenger BETA is still listed as "coming soon" and in connect, I'm listed as active in the Windows Live Messenger BETA but in the download section is empty :/

I know it's not the official download site but this should help you out :)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat...ssenger-8.shtml

I know it's not the official download site but this should help you out :)

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Chat...ssenger-8.shtml

Thx :)

EDIT: Still didn't work, says my passport account is not authorised to access the BETA :wacko: ....I'm guessing they don't let you have access right away?...how long did you guys who already have the BETA have to wait between when you were invited and when you could login?

Edited by Xerxes

Thx :)

EDIT: Still didn't work, says my passport account is not authorised to access the BETA :wacko: ....I'm guessing they don't let you have access right away?...how long did you guys who already have the BETA have to wait between when you were invited and when you could login?

When I got my invite there was a link in the email to download WLM. Did that and was able to sign in striaght away.

When I got my invite there was a link in the email to download WLM. Did that and was able to sign in striaght away.

It has a big orange "Join Now" button, I click on it and it takes me to the Connect homepage..it gave me an invitation code and I filled in the "pre-beta" servey thing..perhaps I'm jumping the gun here :blush: but maybe I actually haven't been invited yet?..seems odd though, I got an invitation sent to me, I filled in the survey...but nothing else... :wacko: :unsure:

EDIT: I think I just got unlucky and missed out...kinda sucks I got an invitation and still didn't get it :laugh: ....I took a closer look at the invitation..

There are only a limited number of spots available in the beta and will be filled on a first come first served basis. Don't hesitate to sign up now.

It sucks but it's life, well at least I can play with Windows Live Mail BETA :p it's at least something ;)

I believe that if you get invited from someone else, you will just get a download link.

I also live in Australia and only just got my invite to join the beta VIA MS Connect, pretty much means im on the limited beta without getting one of those invites :p. So yes, i am pretty sure we wil get accepted in the next couple of days :D

I believe that if you get invited from someone else, you will just get a download link.

I also live in Australia and only just got my invite to join the beta VIA MS Connect, pretty much means im on the limited beta without getting one of those invites :p. So yes, i am pretty sure we wil get accepted in the next couple of days :D

sweet :) i got that email as well i think *hope* :)

Dear Beta Tester,

We need your expertise again!

We have a new beta version of Messenger and we would like you to be among the very first to try it out. You have proven yourself to be a real expert when it comes to betas, and we need your opinion on what we can do to make this new version of Messenger even better.

This new version is called Windows LiveTM Messenger. It's as fun and reliable as the Messenger you already know, and lets you keep the contact list and other personal stuff you've got stored in Messenger. Plus, this new version has a fresh new look and feel, and lets you do things you've never done with Messenger before, like:

Click on an offline contact and send an offline instant message. If your contact is running MSN Messenger version 7.0 or above, they will receive your message when they sign in.

Change your status to appear offline and still instant message with your contacts?a great way to hide from your coworker and still chat with your friends!

To get started:

Click the button below to go to http://connect.microsoft.com and sign in with your Passport credentials (your Hotmail or MSN e-mail address and password).

Click on the Invitations link in the left hand navigation.

Enter the following I[removed]i> into the box and click Go.

Read the information and any instructions found on the welcome page.

There are only a limited number of spots available in the beta and will be filled on a first come first served basis. Don?t hesitate to sign up now.

And in case you were wondering about the new name, Windows Live Messenger is part of a new family of services from Microsoft? that includes Windows Live Mail (now a simpler, safer, faster mail), and Live.com (a new personalised homepage experience), to name just a few.

Thanks, and we hope to hear from you soon.

The Windows Live Messenger team

Yeah..... just got mine too. :yes:

My first Beta test.

Just waiting for the download link then all is sweet.

Haven't been this excited since the first time I............(Oh! Nevermind) :whistle: :p

No need for me to be desperate anymore, i neva got an invite from someone but microsoft actually sent me an invite how bout that, when i get an invite i will have 1 to give away to one lucky neowinian.

im from australia to im in onecare and live mail but i got the email saying i can send 2 invites for WLM but im not even on the WLM messenger beta and i cant send the invitations> :wacko:

im from australia to im in onecare and live mail but i got the email saying i can send 2 invites for WLM but im not even on the WLM messenger beta and i cant send the invitations> :wacko:

I got the exact same thing :rofl: ..but then a few days later I got an invite to WLM Beta..so who knows maybe you will too ;)

I got the exact same thing :rofl: ..but then a few days later I got an invite to WLM Beta..so who knows maybe you will too ;)

That makes about 100 of us :)

Btw, got mine, from Aus too.