• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Official Windows Messenger Live BETA Thread

norseman    256

Actually us canadians dont have access yet. Even the ones that have previously tested the older versions or test other software for microsoft through connect services...

Porsche Design    0

Actually us canadians dont have access yet. Even the ones that have previously tested the older versions or test other software for microsoft through connect services...

that's me

Ryan V    1

That would be me too - And to think I waited two days for no reason when I could have been studying for my final exam. :p

Slimy    14

there is NO way MSN is ready to be final, there is many many bugs to fix, I already found 3 of them

I didn't say it was ready. I was replying to xerxes inquiry.

Xerxes    229

Well, there are some people that have been invited to test it, and a lot more that havent - check the "request for invites thread" if you wanna know how many :D . I dont know how they are releasing it concerning regions... but it has been released to the: USA, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Brazil, Korea, Netherlands, and Spain. Right now, WLM 8 is in "Managed Beta," which means that it is only avaliable to MSFT, MCI employees users who have tested previous closed-betas; users who signed up through http://connect.microsoft.com; some loyal blog readers , and handful of others.

Hope this helps!

Yeah it did, thx :happy:

norseman    256

sorry double post... and yes that is me too. :(

Emorex    0

and me :(

PGHammer    1,504

Well, there are some people that have been invited to test it, and a lot more that havent - check the "request for invites thread" if you wanna know how many :D . I dont know how they are releasing it concerning regions... but it has been released to the: USA, UK, Japan, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Brazil, Korea, Netherlands, and Spain. Right now, WLM 8 is in "Managed Beta," which means that it is only avaliable to MSFT, MCI employees users who have tested previous closed-betas; users who signed up through http://connect.microsoft.com; some loyal blog readers , and handful of others.

Hope this helps!

The list also includes those of us who are MSN Beta Butterflies (especially those that tested MSN Messenger 7.x; I was selected from this group). For this reason, the number of testers will become MUCH larger than any previous beta of MSN or Windows Messenger (I actually expect WLM to replace both MSN Messenger *and* Windows Messenger, as a truly unified Messenger from Microsoft simply makes too much sense, and the Messengers are, to a large extent, interchangeable).

My Microsoft Passport dates back to the very oldest days of the Passport credentialing system (when Windows 2000 Professional was in flower, and Windows XP hadn't gone into beta testing yet) and was used with the first 32-bit Windows Messenger (which Windows 2000 Professional included) and I've packed it for every beta I've been in since (and throughout my MSN Beta Butterfly days, now heading into their third *year*) from Windows Messenger, to MSN Messenger, and now Windows Live Messenger, and my Passport creds haven't changed (and no, they aren't based on Hotmail; in fact, they have outlasted two Hotmail accounts),

PyX    140

That explains why I don't have access to WLM8.0... I am a damn Canadian.

As they'd say in South Park : BLAME CANADA!!!

I hope WLM8.0 is not ready to be final, because I have seen things about it and so far... it looks.... I won't say it because I always say negative stuff about MS and I don't want to make myself a reputation if I already have one, but WLM8.0 is clearly not in my color palette. And I'm not only talking about the GUI.

Hell-In-A-Handbasket    277

got my invite today, said it was the second attempt cause some didn tgo out last run, went and did the survey thing, but cant find a download. :(

dj6ross    1

got my invite today, said it was the second attempt cause some didn tgo out last run, went and did the survey thing, but cant find a download. :(

I also had trouble finding the link to download it. The webpage didn't run correctly in Opera or Firefox (big suprise :p :rolleyes: ) Well I opened it in IE and was able to go through with downloading it

macmax    14

can anyone comment on the bug filed ?

FeedbackID=27731

Nocstar    0

Well im in canada guys and i got my invite to download.... And for those saying you dont exactly like the orange thats no problem considering you can change the color of it. For example i have a nice grey that goes perfectly with my current theme.

robertobaggio2k    9

ne screenshots?

Detroit    0

Jup, Canada is happy now!

Eli    1

Come on in Canadians....the water is warm :D

ViperSnake    0

Yeah, got it this morning, working like a Lucky Charm! (pun intended)

ClintEastman    0

can anyone comment on the bug filed ?

FeedbackID=27731

Just validated it and added comments. ;)

GaMeDtX    0

YES!!! I finally got the email this morning, downloaded and installed, works fine... :)

JAbad28    0

It won't let me download off gmail and it won't let me download off my GMAIL passport :(.

Allan    33

just installing it now ... woot woot woot!!!

Eli    1

It won't let me download off gmail and it won't let me download off my GMAIL passport :(.

They posted the links in the Newsgroups if it doesn't work. (I'm pretty sure).

Slimy    14

^There is a link on the first page of this thread.

Good stuff that it's released to canadians, can't wait to get home today and check it out.

theavidgeek    0

ya same with me the download button is messed :blink:

They posted the links in the Newsgroups if it doesn't work. (I'm pretty sure).

is this on connect?? :wacko:

theavidgeek    0

There is a link in e-mail

Ideas.live.com

go there and sign in with your BETA passport then, try downloading from there

not sure if its works

yes that works :D