Getting a GameCube ?!

I'm thinking about getting a Nintendo GameCube soon (not yet sure though).

The first game I had in mind when I thought about the GameCube was Resident Evil 4.

I'm pretty sure I'd get that one first and then Resident Evil 0.

But that's about it.

Now, this is where YOU come into view.

What games would you suggest me to buy for the GameCube ?

I've always been a Nintendo gamer since the NES came out.I still have all of my Nintendo consoles.

I always enjoyed the Mario games on Nintendo's consoles, but I'm not up-to-date anymore.

So, go ahead and name some of your favorite games on the GameCube !

EDIT: Do you think it's wise to buy a used (in good condition) GameCube on ebay ?

That way I could afford a GameCube with 2 controllers, a memory card and maybe a game.

Edited by Dark Ride

As a proud GCN owner, here's my sugestions:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

Super Mario Sunshine

Sonic Adventure 2

Metroid Prime 1 and 2

Viewtifull Joe

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes (remake of the original PS1 game)

Mario kart: Double Dash

Killer 7

SSX On tour

There are many more, but basically it would depend on what you like. Maybe check out the Mario Sport games.

Super Smash Bros. was good on N64, Super Smash Bros. Melee is even better on GC

Thanks I8PP, I'm checking it out over at GameSpot.

There are many more, but basically it would depend on what you like. Maybe check out the Mario Sport games.

I like all kinds of games (except FPS).

Action/RPG & multyplayer games are especialy welcome.

Thanks for your list of games.

would you be interested in a used gamecube? i'd sell the system and as many of my games / accessories as you want. i have RE1 and 0 that you mentioned in your initial post as well as many other games, memory cards, and a wireless controller. i have the original box and everything. let me know if you're interested.

also, i second the eternal darkness comment.

I would suggest waiting for the Revolution for the backwards compatibility, but if you want to get a GameCube now I would suggest Metroid Prime 1 & 2. Hands down my favorite console games of this generation.

^^ They have similar ones like: 007: Agent Under Fire, 007: Nightfire, and 007: Everything or Nothing. All for the GC.

My all time favourite GC game is Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Yup, eternal darkness was great, and very scary, so another vote here for it. Metroid prime uses a first person perspective, but is not an FPS. It's really deep and focuses more on adventure, so you should give it a try.

As far as multiplayer, the GCN has some of the best off-line multiplayer games this generation. Some of the top of my head are:

Soul Calibur 2

Donkey Konga (if you like rythim games)

Mario Power Tennis

Mario Party (there's quite a few sequels of it)

Timesplitter: Future Perfect (Haven't played it, but I hear it's quite good)

Super Monkey Ball

F-Zero GX

And to finalize, some other none multiplayer:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The two Thrones

Geist

Paper Mario 2: The Thousand Year Door

Do they have a Golden Eye type game for GameCube?

Like the N64 one that was multiplayer. Man, that came was awesome multiplayer.

The Timesplitter series was suposedly developed by many of the guys who did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64, so it uses a very similar engine. I never payed them, but I hear they're quite good, specially on multiplayer.

Yup, eternal darkness was great, and very scary, so another vote here for it. Metroid prime uses a first person perspective, but is not an FPS. It's really deep and focuses more on adventure, so you should give it a try.

As far as multiplayer, the GCN has some of the best off-line multiplayer games this generation. Some of the top of my head are:

Soul Calibur 2

Donkey Konga (if you like rythim games)

Mario Power Tennis

Mario Party (there's quite a few sequels of it)

Timesplitter: Future Perfect (Haven't played it, but I hear it's quite good)

Super Monkey Ball

And to finalize, some other none multiplayer:

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Prince of Persia: The two Thrones

Geist

The Timesplitter series was suposedly developed by many of the guys who did Goldeneye and Perfect Dark for N64, so it uses a very similar engine. I never payed them, but I hear they're quite good, specially on multiplayer.

omg...I can't believe you forget about Super Mario Strikers :|. Then there also the Metal Gear Solid Remake and Mario Kart Double Dash. F-Zero for GCN isn't that bad either. :happy:

Edited by Ryan V

I haven't played it, so I didn't want to recomend it yet. I put Timesplitter there cause even though I haven't played it, I've seen it and it looks cool. Btw, if you like futuristic racing, Extreme G 3 is awesome too

Do they have a Golden Eye type game for GameCube?

Like the N64 one that was multiplayer. Man, that came was awesome multiplayer.

Timesplitters 2 or 3.

^^ They have similar ones like: 007: Agent Under Fire, 007: Nightfire, and 007: Everything or Nothing. All for the GC.

The two I mentioned are better games, and even more like Goldeneye.

Juding by the inital Resident Evil games you got, I suggest get Killer 7.

It may be a little weird at first and you will have no freaking clue what is going on, but at the end you will find it to be one of the best stories ever told in a game.

*Edit: Actually the guy on the GameSpot post linked above says it better almost exactly what I said:

Review by nintendo4life: When you first play this game you will be like"What the mess is this?", but just give it time and you will realize it is one of the best games this generation. It has one of the best game stories ever. The game play is unique, yet easy to get in to. Be warned this is a title that deserves an M rating, and I really mean it! The story is about terrorists, there are curse words, there are sexual themes, you name it and it will be in this game. If that's not a problem, then you MUST get this game. You may begin like this :huh:, but you will find this game one of the most interesting games on the Gamecube.
Edited by jmole

would you be interested in a used gamecube? i'd sell the system and as many of my games / accessories as you want. i have RE1 and 0 that you mentioned in your initial post as well as many other games, memory cards, and a wireless controller. i have the original box and everything. let me know if you're interested.

Thanks for you offer, but you live too far away from me.The shipping would cost alot.

Also, thanks to everyone for your suggestions.Appriciate it (Y)

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Pokemon XD: Gale Of Darkness (yeah, the reviews wernt great.. but im enjoying it despite the fact its pokemon)

Pikmin 2

Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door

Donkey Kong Jungle Beat (Bongo game.. fun, but gets kinda hard towards the end)

I used to have one, they were great. I only sold it cos I knew the selling price would decrease especially as new consoles start coming out and I didn't think many good new games were coming out(not to put you off) but I probably will get a Revolution.

My favourite games were probably Super Smash Bros Mele? and Metroid, and therefore Metroid 2 is probably very good although I've never played it. Wind Waker is good but I got bored of it because of the sailing part, such a boring waste of time.