Getting a GameCube ?!

No, and No.

... and strike. That's a clear NO-NO ! :D Thanks

Here and here you can find both videos, respectively.

No, third parties aren't better than Nintendo, though they may still be usable.

EDIT: In case the links don't work, pm me and I'll send them to you.

The first video works.It's amazing that the Cube survived :woot: The second video doesen't work though.

I ran into a little problem.

Usualy I order things from german eBay because there's no good online store in my country.

So I was looking for Resident Evil 4 on www.ebay.de and I found nothing.

Then I asked a seller who was selling Resident Evil Zero why no one is selling RE4.

He told me it's not allowed to sell RE4 on ebay.de because it's rated 18+ (like ESRB "AO" - Adults Only).

Then I looked on ebay.co.uk and found plenty of RE4 auctions.

Now my question is, would RE4 work if I buy it from UK and buy the GameCube from germany ?

If both are PAL it should work, right ?

Germany is really weird with game content and they censor the crap out of it, you should read the stories about the German version of Wolfenstein. Do you need to buy from a German website or are they the only ones that will ship to your country?

Now my question is, would RE4 work if I buy it from UK and buy the GameCube from germany ?

If both are PAL it should work, right ?

Can anyone just tell me if it would work if both the game and the console are PAL ?

about buying a used gamecube...i would definately try to find an older one. especially if you have an hdtv or plan on getting one. the older ones can output progressive scan and the newer ones can not. not a huge difference, but noticable.

i love my gamecube but i hate the fact that the games made by nintendo never have a widescreen option.

about buying a used gamecube...i would definately try to find an older one. especially if you have an hdtv or plan on getting one. the older ones can output progressive scan and the newer ones can not. not a huge difference, but noticable.

Don't have a HDTV and don't plan on getting one.Those TVs are damn expensive.I don't have the cash.

Watched this Resident Evil 4 review video.Wow ! It's amazing.Can't wait to play it :D

DO NOT buy the german version of Resident Evil 4 at all costs. It's censored and both Mercenaries and Assagnment Aida are missing (mini games) and you can only shoot the head off enemies with the shotgun opposed to all stronger weapons in the other european versions. UK is fine though, works perfectly on every europe Gamecube.

Heya, I know I'm a little late to this chat but here's my tuppence anyway:

I bought a cube at launch with Mario Sunshine, loved it, played Mario to death and from then on it just gathered dust whilst I played xbox and ps2 instead. The problem was most of the games I was interested in were on the other two and usually looked a lot better.

I recently picked up a copy of Killer 7 for the cube pre-owned from my local GAME store and I'm hooked. This game alone has given my cube a whole new lease of life and I've already picked up a copy of GameSpots game-of-the-year; Resident Evil 4.

If you can get one cheap enough go for it, just don't expect there to be much new stuff for it for long.

AsciiSmoke

DO NOT buy the german version of Resident Evil 4 at all costs. It's censored and both Mercenaries and Assagnment Aida are missing (mini games) and you can only shoot the head off enemies with the shotgun opposed to all stronger weapons in the other european versions. UK is fine though, works perfectly on every europe Gamecube.

OMG ! :o Thank you so much for telling me.I had no clue.Damn censorship :angry:

I'm getting a Gamecube too. I work at my local Game store, and was tempted to buy one of the preowned cubes we had in, as they were really cheap.

I've spotted (and reserved) a Platinum Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash and I'm picking it up on Wed.

Can't wait, to be honest. Even though I have a PS2 (old style), from what i've seen of my mate's GC, I'm expecting a different gaming experience (and no, I don't mean amazingly improved graphics over the PS2, I mean gameplay)

:laugh:

So, did you pick it up ? How is it ?

I picked it up. Its great. I got the Mario Kart Double Dash Platinum Pack along with a free extra control pad, memory card and Spiderman 2. I got it for about ?52, which is much less than what I would have paid where I work (high street game store) even WITH staff discount.

Initially, I thought the disk access sounds were weird and that it was faulty. I've checked it against another system in work (another perk of working in a game store) and its the normal operational sound. To be honest, its not that loud, but I'm really paranoid when it comes to the operational sounds of my electronics!:laugh::

I'm going to have a fish around at my work for some games for it. We've got only a few new games (as the market in the UK for GC games is weakening) but we've got loads of preowned games and because the disks are small, very few of them (if any) have scratches on the disks. Plus, they're really cheap compared to new games.

:DD

I picked it up. Its great. I got the Mario Kart Double Dash Platinum Pack along with a free extra control pad, memory card and Spiderman 2. I got it for about ?52, which is much less than what I would have paid where I work (high street game store) even WITH staff discount.

you got the same bundle as me i think, apart from i got mine last august. i hate that unofficial pad though.. the buttons feel somewhat wrong. I didnt get spiderman 2 though, got star wars bounty hunter, i got rid of the next day..

Its getting harder and harder to find decent games in shops now though, plus the prices on games such as pikmin 2 and resident evil 4 NEVER drop. Also gamecube games brand new tend to be more expensive, some places theyre still ?37.99..

I've got 16 games now, i swear i've spent more on my cube than i have any other console..

you got the same bundle as me i think, apart from i got mine last august. i hate that unofficial pad though.. the buttons feel somewhat wrong. I didnt get spiderman 2 though, got star wars bounty hunter, i got rid of the next day..

Its getting harder and harder to find decent games in shops now though, plus the prices on games such as pikmin 2 and resident evil 4 NEVER drop. Also gamecube games brand new tend to be more expensive, some places theyre still ?37.99..

I've got 16 games now, i swear i've spent more on my cube than i have any other console..

I agree that finding games in stores is a task in itself nowdays. Best place I've found online though is www.play.com I'm always ordering from there, free delivery etc. Resident Evil 4 is just ?29.99 Resident Evil Zero ?14.:) :) both brilliant games.

I picked up Price of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. I was looking to get both of them for awhile and found that they were in a Gamestop near my house. I bought them both before heading to work today. Can't wait to play them later tonight.