Getting a GameCube ?!

I picked up Price of Persia: The Sands of Time and Beyond Good and Evil. I was looking to get both of them for awhile and found that they were in a Gamestop near my house. I bought them both before heading to work today. Can't wait to play them later tonight.

Your lucky to have found a copy of Beyond Good & Evil. Was it new or used?

Both used. So far, BG&E works like a charm, but PoP dies on a very important cut scene :cry: . Going to have to return it and hopefully see if they have another copy.

Both used. So far, BG&E works like a charm, but PoP dies on a very important cut scene :cry: . Going to have to return it and hopefully see if they have another copy.

How are the games ? Did you return PoP ?

How are the games ? Did you return PoP ?

I went back to the Gamestop, and got PoP exchanged for another copy without the dude even looking at my receipt. He was like, "Sure bro" and just swapped the disc for me. Aside from that, both games are awesome, and well worth the effort to find. PoP has this whole badass factor tied in with the classic brainteaser puzzles of the original. And BG&E is just beautiful. From the sound track, to the environments, to the actual gameplay and story. A masterpiece of a game. It's too bad it never sold too well.

I had a misserable day today (read), but one person managed to save the day. My hero of the day - KeR !

He promised to give me 3 of his GameCube games, which are Resident Evil 4, Zelda and Metroid Prime.

That's great news for me. It saves me alot of money :yes:

My birthday is on February 12th and it makes an awesome present ! Thanks KeR !!! You're the best (Y)

wow thats tough man. hope they catch those b******* that broke into your house.

anyway there's not much point getting a new console when its released especially since it doesn't have a decent game library and the launch prices are getting seriously high. i'm getting a ps2 even though the ps3 is coming out this year because there's so many games i want to try before my head gets shaved.

wow thats tough man. hope they catch those b******* that broke into your house.

anyway there's not much point getting a new console when its released especially since it doesn't have a decent game library and the launch prices are getting seriously high. i'm getting a ps2 even though the ps3 is coming out this year because there's so many games i want to try before my head gets shaved.

I totaly agree. Hope you have a good time in the army. We salute you :D

What's the point of this post?

There is no point ;)

Dont listen to the fanboys of the other systems. The gamecube is a great little console.

Only one question. Unless u will have the money later, wouldnt it have been better to wait for the revolution to launch this year? It will also be able to play gamecube games.

Dont listen to the fanboys of the other systems. The gamecube is a great little console.

Only one question. Unless u will have the money later, wouldnt it have been better to wait for the revolution to launch this year? It will also be able to play gamecube games.

I will have the money in a few days (arround Feb. 1st) ;)

Found these two GCs on ebay. Both include 2 gamepads and a memory card. I just can't decide which color I want. Either black or silver. Both look sleek.

Silver | Black

What do you think ?

I've got both a silver Gamecube and a black one (one NTSC, one PAL), and I definately prefer the silver one; both look pretty decent, but silver is second only to the Japanese Spice Orange one :)

I've got both a silver Gamecube and a black one (one NTSC, one PAL), and I definately prefer the silver one; both look pretty decent, but silver is second only to the Japanese Spice Orange one :)

Saw the japanese gamecube commercial showing the orange gamecube. It's the bes-looking gamecube I've seen so far.

' date='Jan 27 2006, 21:30' post='587123171'] Or get a Revolution so you can play Gamecube games and Revolution games. :yes:

That's my suggestion. (as well as a 360 for Halo) (and a PS3 for MGS)

' date='Jan 27 2006, 21:30' post='587123171']

Or get a Revolution so you can play Gamecube games and Revolution games. :yes:

My Gamecube is only a month old. I did think about waiting for the revolution. But, I know it's about a year off (this was before the announcement of a pre-Thanksgiving Day release). It doesn't matter. I should not have waited to get the Gamecube. I already have 11 games for it, and I regret buying none of them. And I'm bound to get the Rev when it comes out, or shortly after. I hardly have time to play my games (aside from my DS when I'm at work), but when I do, I'm playing with my GC. My poor PS2 is collecting dust for the time being (until MGS3: Subsistence comes out anyway :D ).

yep, and so you should, main reason i got mine was for Twilight Princess.. but then it was delayed, and i'm still waiting for it. But games like paper mario, pikmin 2, resident evil 4, jungle beat, pokemon XD, animal crossing, smash bros, zelda: windwaker (and ofcourse with ocarina bonus disc) ..have kept me occupied for months, you really wont regret it. I still cant wait for the revolution though, gonna make sure i pre-order this time, instead of just not bothering to pre-order the 360..