IE 7 Beta RELEASED!

I don't know about you guys, but whoever designed the UI should be shot.

1) No menu bar? That is going to confuse everyone. Not everyone knows that ctrl-c is copy for example. Not everyone is going to know how to turn it on.

2) Buttons scattered all over the place...no consistancy at all, requiring lots of mouse movement and guess work in order to find which button to use

Still trying it out, but the UI is very unimpressive.

So I have downloaded but not installed yet. I have two issues which can hopefully be addressed for the community as a whole:

1) Whats the diff between this and Build 5299 (which I am running now)

2) Does Live Mail Beta work in this build?

It is official. The UI of IE 7 is the worst I have seen since the days of the Mozilla Suite and Netscape 6.x/7.x. At least those browsers didn't move everything around and completely change what is the proven way to use the web.

I fail to see what one UI change this has made that has actually speeded up or improved my experience.

Wish there was a way to customize and move around, delete etc the toolbars like in opera, cant stand having the address bar at the very top. :(

Well I am going to attempt an uninstall. Let's see if IE 6.0 SP1 with all of its patches returns.

1) No menu bar? That is going to confuse everyone. Not everyone knows that ctrl-c is copy for example. Not everyone is going to know how to turn it on.

I believe someone earlier said that alt+q brings the menu bar back. :rolleyes:

I've been playing with this, and uhh yeah good bye fire fox.

No more Firefox fanboy here.

Dont flame me haha. I just really like the new IE and when it goes final it will more then likely be my final and only browser.

It is official. The UI of IE 7 is the worst I have seen since the days of the Mozilla Suite and Netscape 6.x/7.x. At least those browsers didn't move everything around and completely change what is the proven way to use the web.

I fail to see what one UI change this has made that has actually speeded up or improved my experience.

Stop complaining. It'll grow on you. Just because you're not familiar with something does not make it bad. I've been using IE7 beta 1 / 2 for quite a while now and find that doing away with the menu bar is one of the best things that could have been done. Copy, Paste etc. can still be accessed via right click and most of the common tools and utilities can be accessed via buttons strategically places at the end of the tabs bar.

Ah found uninstall instructions:

Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview

To uninstall Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview and return to Internet Explorer 6 on Windows XP

# Click ?Start,? and then click ?Control Panel.?

# Click ?Add or Remove Programs.?

# Check ?Show Updates? at the top of the dialog box.

# Scroll down the list to ?Windows XP ? Software Updates,? select ?Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2Preview,? and then click "Change/Remove."

If "Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2 Preview" does not exist, run %windir%\$NtUninstallie7bet2p$\spuninst\spuninst.exe. You need to have "view hidden folders" enabled.

Alright well I think IE7 will bring some people back to Microsoft, but I'm still too attached to Opera to fully make the move. I must say it's not too shabby, but one thing that bugs me...

Is ActiveX still included and enabled? If so, doesn't that mean this browser isn't any more secure than any of the previous versions?