Your Favorite Game Ever

Goldeneye

Fear

FPS are lame. They're all the same except the graphics... LAME!

Your lame, your all the same except for graphics...

Edited by acies

Goldeneye 007 was awesome, but I never got around to actually buying it for my N64, which I may do if I find it for sale anywhere. :) But the game that I did buy that is probably the most fun game even today (4-6 years later) would be Mario Tennis on the N64. There's nothing like playing someone else in multi-player mode, I've yet to find a tennis game that is so fun and easy to play for the PS2.

Tennis on the Wii will probably end up being my all-time favorite game if it's anything like I hope it is. :D

I'm going to be an old f**t and say Day Of The Tentacle.... :laugh:

It may be old and looks cr** compared with what is available these days but this was the start of the role playing as we know it today. :yes:

My Favorite Game has to be Sonic 3 And knuckles That game blew my mind when I first laid eyes on it :p.

I still got the original boxes!

Time to dig the ol' megadrive out :D

1) World of Warcraft - Hooked on since early this summer.

2) Final Fantasy XI - Was hooked on it for nearly 3 years.

3) Quake 3 Arena - Since the beta in 1998, I was hooked until 2003.

My yearly reply to a "Favorite Game Ever" thread...Thought i would make it a good one.

Super Mario Brothers (NES)

Not sure how old school i wanted to get here, but imma say SMB for the original NES. When i was little i used to play this game to death. The following sequels were just as good (Super Mario Bros 2, 3 for NES), and it was the first game i think i ever played (I was born in 87' im a NES Gen kid...No pong for me). It fully occupied me, and i still love playing it to this day.

Although this is a tough as nails question, i can honestly say i can replace my "Favorite game ever" choice (SMB), with any of my Runner Ups.

Runner-ups (In no particular order):

Grand Theft Auto 3 (Ps2)- First free roaming-do whatever ever-game i got absorbed into. Non-Linear is good for you...lol.

Metal Gear Solid 1 (Ps1)- When i first played this, it opened me up to the possibilites of alternative genres of gaming (EX: The tactical stealth espionage game). Plus the amazing story line and movie-esk larger than life characters Snake, Liquid, Grey Fox (The ninja), Meryl, etc.

Half life 1 (PC,Ps2)- First playing this game i wasn't particularly blown away, but i must say it paved the way for many new age FPS's and i learned to love it. I must say what really begin interesting me was the variations/mods that tied into HL1's central story.

Deus Ex (PC,Ps2)- This game blew me away, the whole mood, the story/plot twists, the gameplay (FPS/RPG), free roaming gameplay...Love it.

Final Fantasy VIII (Ps1, PC)- Yes i said FF8...not FF7. I liked 7 and all, however i loved FF8 so much more. It was the first Final Fantasy to have a realistic 3d art direction. The story was amazing as well, Squall the almost anti-hero who doesn't give a crap about anything...Great game.

Grandia (Ps1)- I think a sleeper RPG...It was the first Ps1 RPG other than the Final Fantasy series give such an expansive story/world that i was completely absorbed into.

The Legend of Zelda Series (Every Nintendo console)- This is the only complete series i think, alongside Mario that every game released that ive played has lived up to my expectations from it's preceeding. From the original Legend of Zelda (NES), to Ocarina of time/Majora mask(N64) they were all great ...Only one i haven't played is Wind waker and the Gameboy four swords game.

Civilization II (PC, Ps1)- I first played this on the Ps1 and frankly it scared me. I rember i rented it from "Movie Express", which was "Movie Gallery" before Blockbuster was even thought up. Here i was maybe 11 or so, and this game was challenging me to "Build a civilization to withstand the test of time". It was so complex, Managing everything from Science to Taxes, to waging war. I played it for 1 night, was completely confused yet intrigued. To this date it's still one of my Favorite games (Discovered the PC version is much better, a year later) and the following Civilization III, and Civilization IV were just as good.

Mortal Kombat (Arcade, Many other consoles)- My favorite fighting game. I would destroy kids when i was little for game tokens at the local arcade daily when this first came out. Back, Back, Low Punch..."GET OVER HERE!"

This last slot for my 10 runner ups was hard...

Goldeneye (N64)- Goldeneye was an amazing game all around. My cousin turned me onto it and the N64. It awakened me to the possibilites of Nintendo still having gaming juice to give Sony a run for it's money...Back when it became PS1 -VS- N64 and i had converted to PS1. Shortly afterwards i ran out and bought it and an N64. If it wasn't for Goldeneye i wouldn't have been awakened to other N64 titles like Starfox, Super Mario 64, Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, and Perfect Dark.

Speaking of Perfect Dark...It's the reason why i had issues deciding my #10 runner up...Was either Goldeneye or Perfect Dark. Perfect Dark was like a Sci-FI twist Total conversion of Goldeneye for me atleast. Both Rare games, used the same game engine im sure...Equally as good. Perfect Dark's Multiplayer was a notch Higher than Goldeneyes for me though, So much fun...The farsight, the Laptop Auto turret, love it.

Civilization II. I don't know how many hour I spent playing that, but it must be a lot. The graphics might suck, but it's all about gameplay, and that was the best.

Civilization II. I don't know how many hour I spent playing that, but it must be a lot. The graphics might suck, but it's all about gameplay, and that was the best.

Colonization was quite good as well, from what I remember.

Most favourite game at this time would have to be Half Life, Half Life 2 and it's episode. I hope to enjoy it's future episodes.

Runners up

Halo Combat Evolved (I love betraying people online :rofl: )

Need for Speed Series (all of it)

Least favourite. REALLY LEAST favourite, I mean all the way at the bottom of the list:

Halo 2 (:x :no:)

Quake 2, lots of good memories when I got my first computer in 1998.

Other top favorites include.

Quake 1, played it after Quake 2.

Original Doom's.

Warcraft 2 & 3

Original C&C

Max Payne (first one)

Half-Life & Half-Life 2

Counter-Strike (1.6 & CSS)

Far Cry

Halo (Only passed it quite recently, awesome game)

Chrono Trigger... :wub:

It was the game that got me hooked on rpgs. Every other rpg I play, I rate against Chrono Trigger, and so far nothing has quite matched or overtaken it. Although FF VII :sorcerer: comes a close second. with Tales of Phantasia third. Chrono Cross was a little disappointing, after the high expectations. :argh:

then again Wolfenstein 3d got me hooked on fps. :pc: