February CTP Build 5308.17

M'eh. I work for the Academic Technology at the college I work at, and MAny staffers and Technology teachers are HIGHLY interested on checking out Vista. They were gaga over 5270, and I told them about 5308 and htey wnated it even more.

Hey Guys, the January FTM Release has just been Updated to the Febuary FTM Release!

Make absolutly sure that you have the Febuary FTM Release before attempting to download Windows Vista Febuary CTP!

BTW, I would like to remind that it costs $700 to get the MSDN subscription, not thousands of dollars.

While many of those who use connects are just lucky devils, many of htem are serious beta testers. They are OFFICIALLY seen as beta testers, so it's no surprised that they got it before we, MSDNers do.

Oh well. Still, in the long run, we MSDNers have it better anyway.

MSDN Universal IS thousands of dollars, which I have, and still no 5308

Yeah but don't you think those who pay, people who code, OEM's should get it first before the little 14 year old kids which do it for a hobby?

I don't know why they chose to give it to Connect people first. Contract reasons?

But I'm sure they could only open it up to one group at a time without a server meltdown, and there's probably 1000% more MSDN folk to suck bandwidth.

So in other words SCREW MSDN subscribers who pay THOUSANDS for their accounts.

not even close stop crying. the reason connect gets it before msdn is cause connect is testers and msdn is anyone that can afford it. if a 9yr old had the money he could get msdn and vista that doesnt make him any kind of tester. msdn people should be glad they get it at all

The diffrence is that it is included in our subscription, so that kind of entitles us to it. Let me put it to you this way...

I decide to pre-order a video game before it's released. When it is finally released, the store decides to sell my copy to someone who walks up to the counter instead of waiting for me to come pick it up.

Because I paid in advance, why do I have to wait for another copy to come in?

The diffrence is that it is included in our subscription, so that kind of entitles us to it. Let me put it to you this way...

I decide to pre-order a video game before it's released. When it is finally released, the store decides to sell my copy to someone who walks up to the counter instead of waiting for me to come pick it up.

Because I paid in advance, why do I have to wait for another copy to come in?

You didnt pay for Vista though, you paid for MSDN which entitles you to a lot more than Vista, that doesnt mean to say that your entitled to what you want when you want it or youre gonna cry about it, so you have to wait a day long, big deal.

Okay.

Q. Why does the Connect people get it?

A. Because they ARE OFFICIAL BETA TESTERS I said this before, dammit and I will say this one more time. They hav epriority over US MSDNers, sucks, yes, but too bad. Live with it. It's just another day anyway.

I assume it's not just me that cannot download it from Connect, I've tried for two hours, but all I get is:

Error: The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

I can't even log in.

not even close stop crying. the reason connect gets it before msdn is cause connect is testers and msdn is anyone that can afford it. if a 9yr old had the money he could get msdn and vista that doesnt make him any kind of tester. msdn people should be glad they get it at all

ARE YOU INSANE? So the people who DEVELOP for Vista should be lucky to get a copy?

^That's the point I was trying to make.

I honestly don't care if I have to wait another day or two for it...

If Vista is included in MSDN subscription (i.e. is downloadable from my subscription), and I pay for an MSDN subscription, then how can one say I'm not paying for Vista, finished or otherwise?

At any rate, I'll duck out of the argument and wait now. :D

Hey Guys, the January FTM Release has just been Updated to the Febuary FTM Release!

Make absolutly sure that you have the Febuary FTM Release before attempting to download Windows Vista Febuary CTP!

Link???????

Link???????

Copy and Paste from the Microsoft Public MSDN Newsgroup.

Apparently, mirrors are still replicating. I downloaded it an hour ago and

got the January build. I just redownloaded and got the February build.

"Leen" <ms_windows_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message

news:uGCyJ35NGHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...

> Info here:

> http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/default.aspx

>

> Install here:

> http://transfers.ds.microsoft.com/ftm/defa...?target=install

Error: The system has encountered an unexpected error. We apologize for the inconvenience. The issue will be addressed as quickly as possible.

Anyone else get this on MS Connect?? :angry: