February CTP Build 5308.17

Guys, go over to PCmag.com, They have like 50 Screenshots that guide you through the whole OS.

Yeah, that's been posted now like 10 times.

I have it installed right now and I really think that DWM took a step backwards, its really buggy and slow at times. I literally have to end DWM in the process list in order to gain the speed back..

I have it installed right now and I really think that DWM took a step backwards, its really buggy and slow at times. I literally have to end DWM in the process list in order to gain the speed back..

What video card are you running it on? It's likely the drivers becuase I have spoken to other people who are using it and they are having no problem with DWM.

Here is my ratings, pretty ****-aye. However I was told by someone at MS that things will deffinatly improve when it hits the RC stages of its development cycle, mainly because all of the debugging tools are still in there and that itself causes lag.

post-118616-1140662923_thumb.jpg

how does the rating work? I see you got an overall rating of 1, yet none of the sub rating are 1. Is 1 just the lowest or highest rating on the scale?

Here is my ratings, pretty ****-aye. However I was told by someone at MS that things will deffinatly improve when it hits the RC stages of its development cycle, mainly because all of the debugging tools are still in there and that itself causes lag.

it may say you have a 1, but do the math your self, add all the 5 cat. you get 16, divide by 5, and you get like a 3.1 or 3.2, thus eliminating that 1 as your rating.. Wish ms would fix that because its not accurate at all. Like my 3800+ amd 64 before the processor died, only got rated a 3, and that was with a x800 xl, 1g of ram, 200g hdd, etc... But when I averaged the score i had a 4.6... :rolleyes: :rofl:

Pwned? 1 is the lowest you can get. 5 is the highest. Obviously, both of our computers look old so...

post-154780-1140663534_thumb.jpg

Pwned? 1 is the lowest you can get. 5 is the highest. Obviously, both of our computers look old so...

Thats a hawt graphics rating. Also, I dont like comparing computers, its like comparing penis sizes, I know mine sucks, so I happily deal with it. XD

Thats a hawt graphics rating. Also, I dont like comparing computers, its like comparing penis sizes, I know mine sucks, so I happily deal with it. XD

What sucks? Your penis or your computer....or both :wacko:

it may say you have a 1, but do the math your self, add all the 5 cat. you get 16, divide by 5, and you get like a 3.1 or 3.2, thus eliminating that 1 as your rating.. Wish ms would fix that because its not accurate at all. Like my 3800+ amd 64 before the processor died, only got rated a 3, and that was with a x800 xl, 1g of ram, 200g hdd, etc... But when I averaged the score i had a 4.6... :rolleyes: :rofl:

Ever hear of a weighted score?

Wish I had my adsl2+ connection done just about now.

Going to be another 4 hours before Vista is downloaded for me.

About the ratings. Definately getting a 1 rating here. P4 3.4 / 2GB RAM / NVidia 7800GTX 256.

Bugs found: No logo on bootup, AC97 codecs failed to install for some reason, Can't install Windows Live Messenger still (Same issue with 5270). Any suggestions on how to fix these things?

I had no problems with wlm on 5270 at all.

Incorrect. The boot screen is black, with the progressbar on the bottom, but no logo.

@Sn4k: You must be a official tester, and not a invited user probaly. I'm a invited user, so...

Incorrect. The boot screen is black, with the progressbar on the bottom, but no logo.

@Sn4k: You must be a official tester, and not a invited user probaly. I'm a invited user, so...

No text or anything?