The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

i tried that earlier (erasing the first config and having only the 2nd one configured for the wep-less router) but to no avail... guess i'll have to wait for better wep support or get the nintendo usb dongle... :unsure:

edit:

what about the savegames?

Try it with the first one. Also, like I said, make sure you have authentication to open in your router.

What was it you wanted to know about saves?

I tried it, and it will connect, but I have far too many mails in my gmail inbox. He says you should only have 30 or so for it to work properly. I have several hundred and it crashes when trying to download them :p

I posted it using Win2DS. It allows you to connect to your PC with the DS and control it with the DS like a mouse. It also shows your desktop on the screens. You can browse the net with it, ect.. but you can't adjust the level of zoom so it's cumbersome.

The compress feature makes it take longer for the games to load as it has to uncompress them first. Also it can cause issues with some games.

Still haven't figured out the Zelda thing. I've tried everything. It won't even read my old saves from when I had the SC CF (every other game I've tried the saves still work with MiniSD). I asked on the SC forums, but no help there either. Looks like we'll have to use the reboot trick for now.

What does the new version have? Just some font fixes?

oh and on moonshell's website, there's something about youtube...you can stream youtube video on DS? (surely hope so)

oh and JianBing... Win2DS isn't working for me. I don't know why.. How do i know if my router supports wifi lib? beup works on it, does that mean anything?

Also, is there a key combination that will return to the Super Card menu while in game or in Moonshell? The L+R+Start+Select isn't working, it just restarts the game itself.

What does the new version have? Just some font fixes?

oh and on moonshell's website, there's something about youtube...you can stream youtube video on DS? (surely hope so)

oh and JianBing... Win2DS isn't working for me. I don't know why.. How do i know if my router supports wifi lib? beup works on it, does that mean anything?

Also, is there a key combination that will return to the Super Card menu while in game or in Moonshell? The L+R+Start+Select isn't working, it just restarts the game itself.

1. Yeah, just font fixes. Always best to keep up with the latest version though.

2. I don't know what the Youtube thing is all about.

3. Try turning WEP on...

4. It's L+R+A+B+X+Y to reboot to the Supercard menu.

Are there any DOS emulators out for DS Homebrew? I would really like to see Warcraft 2 running on my DS Lite :D !

Is this just a pipe dream?

No DOS as of yet, but I would expect it at some point.

If you want some old PC games, you can try ScrummVM. It will only run old Lucasarts games though....

Oh well..hopefully something soon! If Blizzard would release Diablo 2, Starcraft, or Warcraft 2 to Nintendo DS then it would rocket blast the NDS's popularity by a LOT. It would certainly end the age old question on which was the better system, the DS or PSP.

^Might not be quite what you wanted, but someone has gotten Mac OS6 working on the DS. Can't wait for a release. So many fun little games :)

Link

Mac?! Like what fun lil games?

Oh and the keyboard and mouse app can't pass the Acquiring DHCP part...

Like Bolo!! And all those old educational games you used to play at school. Ants!!!

Have you opened a port for the server in your wireless router? I think it uses 8888. Also in Windows go to run in the start menu. Type command and hit enter. Then in the command promt type ipconfig. Double check your ip there. That's what you should type in when it asks you to enter the server ip.

I never played those old educational games before.. lol.. but sounds cool

Yes, I opened the port for both UDP and TCP, and yes it is the IP...and I used WEP as well..I use a D-Link DI-524 router if that matters.

Bah, Winsunx were supposed to post my EZ-Flash IV Lite on Friday, and send me a tracking number. Haven't done so yet. But a few other people have been sent theirs, so I dunno what the holdup is. I want MSN on my DS already!

I never played those old educational games before.. lol.. but sounds cool

Yes, I opened the port for both UDP and TCP, and yes it is the IP...and I used WEP as well..I use a D-Link DI-524 router if that matters.

Ok, I just tried it and here are the settings I used and it worked. In your wireless router config: unhidden SSID, WEP off, network authentication open.

If that still doesn't work, check the thread of the app. I'm using the Nintendo wireless dongle with hacked drivers. Someone there may be using the same router as you and found the solution. Also, it may be something very simple that we are overlooking.

ok for the Win2DS again, sometimes I could get past the Acquiring DHCP part, and then I enter the server IP again (192.168.0.1 for D-LINK) and then password for the Win2DS Server which I set... and it just says Waiting... No progress beyond that.

Are you sure it's 192.168.0.1? If so, you may want to reset it. That should be the IP of the default gateway. You don't want the same IP for the gateway as your IP. For instance, my IP 192.168.0.135. Default gateway is 192.168.0.1.

How do I set the server IP?

I set the Client (DS) IP as 192.168.0.140, but I don't know what my server IP is...OOOH I GET IT, my server IP is my computer IP!! Got it.. testing now!

Nope..Still doesn't work :(

Edited by SlightDust

When you go to run/command/ipconfig in windows, it will give you the following info. Connection Specific DNS, IP Address, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway.

When you run, Win2DS, go to auto connect. It will ask for the server IP. Enter the IP Address that you got running ipconfig.

Edit: Haha, cool. You got it :)

Still can't get past Waiting...

And I can't use Autoconnect because it seems like it uses 192.168.1.1 as default gateway instead of 0.1

I tried turning off firewall and everything, but still showing as Waiting... after typing the password in on DS.

hey guys please help me decide whether to flashme or not my phat ds. i just had my supercard cf and superpass2 bundle few days ago and havent decided it yet cos im still searching for some pros and cons of flashme. unluckily the site i joined few months ago was down at the moment so now im looking for other references/experiences of others who have their ds flashme'd.. i do not have the money to buy those expensive passme's so i really have to do a lot of research about this flashme if its really worth it. for now im using the harder way of playing my ds games which is thru my superpass2.

here's some of my question:

1. if i flashme'd my ds, could i still connect wifi games like mkds and acww?

2. whats the kernel software for? do i need that file when i flashme my ds?

3. would it still run opera browser? cos i would really like to buy it when they release it.

Yay, received my tracking number from Winsunx, I should have all my homebrew stuff up and ready to go by Thursday!

I wonder if Warcraft 2 ever came out for Mac...if it did, it probably would only be for Mac 8 or somethin.

It did, I think I had either Mac 8 or 9 when I played it, unfortunately. I doubt it would get working on 6, even though that would be rather awesome.

great!! :D

"backups" are very time consuming... me knows :)

make sure u give dsorganize a try, it's a pretty cool do-it-all app...

I just tried, doesn't seem to work on the EZ-Flash, which is a bit annoying. I found a version of Moonshell that does work, however, so I'm not totally disappointed.

Some more Supercard Lite news:

SuperCard Lite With MicroSD Support Coming Soon!

dot_clear.gif

Team Supercard are set to release a new DS Lite 'no stick out' flash adapter for the DS which will be able to use MicroSD as a source of storage medium. We managed to intercept an e-mail which was bound for distributors that confirms this product and says it will be released soon.

quote:

I am glad to tell you that our new product SuperCard Lite (MicroSD) will released soon. You can order at this moment, and we can ship to you before our release date. So, we can begin to sell SuperCard Lite at the same time all over the world. :)

SuperCard Lite Main Feature:

1. Use MicroSD Flash.

2. Can be insert into NDSL GBA slot without any stick out.

than SuperCard MiniSD and SuperCard SD version, running

DS game almost whithout any break when using high speed MicroSD Flash.

We are making the website of SuperCard Lite, I hope can finish it soon.

The question is how soon is 'soon'? Judging from the mail, we're going for a late July or early August release.

Source

Also word is that it will load the MicroSD from the front just like the SC MiniSD, rather than the side like the EZ4 Lite and concept renders of the M3 Lite. So you will be able to leave the Supercard in the DS and not take it out every time you need to remove and insert the MicroSD.

Some more Supercard Lite news:

Also word is that it will load the MicroSD from the front just like the SC MiniSD, rather than the side like the EZ4 Lite and concept renders of the M3 Lite. So you will be able to leave the Supercard in the DS and not take it out every time you need to remove and insert the MicroSD.

Good news!

And ya, I love the design of Supercard because I don't have to take the whole card out.

It says it's accepting orders now, really?