The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

I was so close to ordering the G6 off them too. I just ordered the MK4 Mini from Yangke Games, the order status has been updated to "processing", now all I need is a flash cart.

Cool. Hope we will hear about SC and M3 Lite very soon.

I ordered my SuperKey from Real Hot Stuff. Good prices, they had my item in stock, and the delivery was very fast. I ordered it Friday morning and it arrived Monday afternoon. I ordered from Kick Trader before, and it could just be a location thing but it took about 2 weeks to get my items... i almost forgot what I ordered by then :s. But they are up in Canada and I'm down here in the southwest US.

No youd need a passkey as well like Superkey or Max Media Launcher that will enable you to play games from the GBA cart.

Any one know where to get everything i need from the UK?

so, i need a

Supercard

Superkey

SD card (or compatable with supercard)

sam_goffe: yeah, that is correct. You need a storage device (Supercard + SD Card in your case) and a way to trick the DS into reading your storage device (Superkey will work for that). If you have a DS Lite, I would recommend waiting a month or so because new storage devices will be coming out that do not stick out of the device. The old ones for the orginal DS (and GBA) stick out quite a bit. You may not be as picky as some of us.

Latest news from Romman (the creator of Supercard) is that it will be ready at the end of this month. Hopefully this time it's true, unlike when he said it will be out the beginning of this month :p

You can buy SuperCard Lite in the end of this month.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Best Regard.

romman

Phone: +86 755 2643 5199

Fax: +86 877 2642 5699

www.supercard.cn

2006-07-07

And a post by the admin of the Unofficial Supercard Forums

I talked to Romman last night but didn't ask about the bios, I will ask him now. He did say the Supercard Lite will be finished this month and that he is sending me a sample to review. I will post a review with a ton of pics when I recieve the Supercard Lite. I will reply as soon as he replies to me about the bios.

so, i need a

Supercard

Superkey

You can get them here. He already has the Supercard Lite's on order though, so you may want to wait until the end of the month when he gets them.

Thanks for making this thread, it really opened my eyes as to how much use i'd get out of a nintendo ds. I ordered one off of amazon.com and an ez-lite iv / mk4 key or something from psxbox.net - Sadly it's out of stock and i'm waiting around for them to re-stock. Hopefully within the next week or so.. i can't wait any longer lol!

so my supercard and superkey arrived today...

UUUUUUNNNNLLLLIIIIMMMMIIIITTTEEEDDDD PPPOOOOOWWWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

yeah, i'm excited..; but the thing is so cool now... got some roms working, dsorganize works, although sensitivity could be better, ji@anbings moonshell works (can you also launch roms from moonshell? or just movies, mp3s and such?), batchdpg works great, mp3 works, gba works... everything's just... GREAT!!!

except... one thing... 1Gig miniSD... it's full... it's too damn small ffs!!!! or..... maybe i can carry 2? or 3? one with music, one with movies, one with games...

but then you'd have to constantly swap the miniscule cards... maybe i can get some extra cards... and some extra dsses...

portable... is relative... :D

so my supercard and superkey arrived today...

UUUUUUNNNNLLLLIIIIMMMMIIIITTTEEEDDDD PPPOOOOOWWWWWWEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

yeah, i'm excited..; but the thing is so cool now... got some roms working, dsorganize works, although sensitivity could be better, ji@anbings moonshell works (can you also launch roms from moonshell? or just movies, mp3s and such?), batchdpg works great, mp3 works, gba works... everything's just... GREAT!!!

except... one thing... 1Gig miniSD... it's full... it's too damn small ffs!!!! or..... maybe i can carry 2? or 3? one with music, one with movies, one with games...

but then you'd have to constantly swap the miniscule cards... maybe i can get some extra cards... and some extra dsses...

portable... is relative... :D

:D Glad you got everything up and running ok. See what I mean that I just couldn't live with the 512MB G6 now? :p .

As far as launching ROMS from Moonshell, you can't. I've been bugging Romman to release a plugin that will let you, or at least release the files needed to make one, but he still hasn't.

One extra thing you may want for Moonshell is the thumbnail maker. If you have any pics on there, it will make a thumbnail of them just like in Windows. You can get it in the Moonshell package here. You only have to run it once per folder with pics, not for every individual pic in the folder.

Did you get the homebrew database in DSOrganize working? Not all the apps are totally up to date, nor does it have even close to everything that's available, but it's still really cool to be able to download apps straight to your DS over Wifi.

oooh Supercard Lite! JianBing u gotta post pics when u see some!

You can be sure I will ;)

Edited by Ji@nBing

Did you get the homebrew database in DSOrganize working? Not all the apps are totally up to date, nor does it have even close to everything that's available, but it's still really cool to be able to download apps straight to your DS over Wifi.

That is very cool. Can't wait to try it all out. Hopefully all my gear will be arriving next week...

so, i need a

Supercard

Superkey

I got all mine from these various places

Supercard > Here

Passkey/Datel MML > Here

SD Card > Here

( I got this card from the flash_memory guy, on arrival and pealing off the label it seems it was just a relabled Toshiba 2 gig card. It's been great and not sure if it is just that Viking are relabled cards. :)

Massive update to the first post. Please take the time to read it before asking any questions.

wow! Good work! U deserve a jianbing (1337 version of cookie)!

wow! Good work! U deserve a jianbing (1337 version of cookie)!

:p Thanks. Took while to write, but I figured it would cut back on the same kinds of questions being asked over and over again. Plus I was getting a million PM's asking the same questions (no offense to anyone who PM'd me, I'm happy to help), so this will probably save me time in the long run :laugh: .

Just want to add that this topic is great. I've decided to go homebrew on my DS, which i will be replacing with a DS lite soon!

Many thanks to Ji@nBing's help (over PM) and patiance with me.

ok.. so I have a few n00b questions...

I'll be getting a DS lite around mid-august and I'd like to put homebrew on it.

My only question is.... how big of an SD card do you guys think is bear minimum? I could get 512mb for about $12 and a 1gb for around $25.

The price difference is not much.. but is 1gb too much overkill??

Also.. is there any recomended brand???

thanx :)

Edited by morficus

now gotta debate between new lite friendly supercard and possible lite friendly m3. i wish these companies would release information more. oh well.. both are meant to be coming this month from what i've seen from Ji@nBing and on other forums email correspondence so guess just gotta wait. but the m3 seems to be a bit of a favourite out there.