The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

Well, the M3 is the more advanced cart. It has more and faster RAM, allowing for better GBA compatibility and a larger, more advanced firmware. I've always just gone for the Supercard because GBA isn't that important to me (the Supercard has almost perfect compaitbility anyway) and I couldn't justify almost double the price just for a GUI. That said, I have some extra money these days, so I think I just might go for the M3 Lite over the Supercard Lite, pending the release of both so I can compare.

A lot of people prefer the SC over M3 because it's nice and simple. It's up to you to decide how much you want to spend and if a GUI is important enough to you to spend all that extra money.

Somebody should make SC3 Lite (combination of both). With M3's tech, and SC's price.

Haha. Well the M3 team are now making the M3 Pro. It's an M3 with no GBA support, and it's a bit less than the Supercard. So there is that alternative if you don't plan on playing any GBA backups. Still haven't heard anything about an M3 Pro Lite, but I assume they will make it at some point.

I'm looking for info about the M3 lite and the SC lite, but haven't found any :(

can somebody post a link please?

There is simply not a lot of info available about them right now. The creators of both carts have not released any official information about them. Only small details to people via MSN and email.

I'm looking for info about the M3 lite and the SC lite, but haven't found any :(

can somebody post a link please?

By the time u get ur Lite, they'll be out!

there was a forum topic on one of the main sites about this kind of stuff where people got an email back from the M3 creator saying it would be out this month. with the supercard also out this month we should have some nice choices before us come the end of july if all these dates hold true.

i'll be waiting for both to come out before making my choice :) hopefully i'll be over in hong kong start of august so can get one while im there~~ :)

thanks JB for keeping us updated.. sorting through other websites has been tiresome. it seems people all over are asking the same questions over and over. perhaps a really detailed FAQ should be made for all these forums..

I can live with 1 hour shorter battery life for free games lol..

u can spend money on backup batteries if u want to :p

... :sleep:

Did they redesign the package? Look!

sc2vv.jpg

Yep, that's definitely a redesign. I'll take a pic of mine when I get home. It's ugly compared to that :p . The new one looks nice.

hmm for some reason it eats battery really really quick.. or my battery was very very low to start with...gotta test again with full battery

hey JianBing, u gotta teach me to use Moonshell sometime, I downloaded the new .zip file, but don't know what to do from there.

hmm for some reason it eats battery really really quick.. or my battery was very very low to start with...gotta test again with full battery

hey JianBing, u gotta teach me to use Moonshell sometime, I downloaded the new .zip file, but don't know what to do from there.

Check out the text document I've attatched. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask. Also, I posted my compile of it earlier in the thread. You can check that out.

A Chinese blog site has posted renders of a mystery flashcart. They are not saying what one it is, only that it will be out next month in China for about 35USD. Could it be the Supercard Lite or M3 Lite?

10fn1.jpg

22eh2.jpg

37qh.jpg

Chinese site

Readme_ENG.txt

Sweet! Psxbox.net has the EZ-Flash IV Lite's back in stock so mine got shipped today! And my Nintendo DS Lite arrived today.. Overnight shipping for free! I <3 Amazon.com lol.

Now all i need is the microsd card i ordered and waiting for my ez flash 4 to get here from china and i can start having some fun!!

Is there anything you can do with a ds without a game to play? I see a download option, but it doesn't exactly do anything.

Download is for multiplayer when somebody else has a game, and for download stations such as Best Buy and EBgames, where u can download demos to try within the store (the games are gone when u walk out or close the DS)

U can play with the pictochat :p I draw stuffs on it like a flipbook, and then press L and R together and it'll flip thru like a flipbook animation.

And, JianBing, isn't that the Neo something flashcart? Thanks for the readme.

Sweet! Psxbox.net has the EZ-Flash IV Lite's back in stock so mine got shipped today! And my Nintendo DS Lite arrived today.. Overnight shipping for free! I <3 Amazon.com lol.

Now all i need is the microsd card i ordered and waiting for my ez flash 4 to get here from china and i can start having some fun!!

Is there anything you can do with a ds without a game to play? I see a download option, but it doesn't exactly do anything.

Well, you can find a DS Download Station and play some demos. Or lpay some old GBA games

That's about it till all the homebrew equipment gets to your door. :pinch:

And, JianBing, isn't that the Neo something flashcart? Thanks for the readme.

I don't think so. This is the Neo.

neo2case05he.jpg

neo2tf28kz.jpg

As you know my Chinese isn't great, so I got my girlfriend to double check it for me. It kind of teases you not telling what one it is, but from the clues it gives, I think it might be the M3.

Hmm.. the Readme u uploaded isn't working Jianbing :(

Try this.

Is anybody making a Lite flashcart for MiniSD? I would hate to have to buy a micro just for this.

I don't think that's possible. A MiniSD slot is just too big to fit in something the size of the GBA cover.

Edited by Ji@nBing

I don't think that's possible. A MiniSD slot is just too big to fit in something the size of the GBA cover.

Yeah I just opened my up my M3 Slim to check :pinch: