The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

Can anybody recommend me a place to get Supercard MiniSD and Superpass in the US?

Thanks

I still highly recommend Kicktrading, but if you really want to order from a US company, Jandaman has a good reputation. The flashcarts and Nopass devices are in the GBA section there. I'm also hearing great things about Real Hot Stuff. They are the sponsor at the unoffical Supercard site.

Oh, and it's Superkey you want. Superpass is the older verion that you had to load a file to the SRAM and then swap out every time you wanted to run something.

Real Hot Stuff has some good deals! Thanks!

By Superpass u mean Passkey 3 right? I saw on the unofficial SC site that the SC mini won't work with the new Passkey 3, so that means I have to get Superkey. But I'm worrying about not be able to use the Superkey for M3 Lite when it comes out..ugh.

p.s. Wow.. the M3 is so expensive comparing to SC. I hope the M3 Lite would be cheap.

Real Hot Stuff has some good deals! Thanks!

By Superpass u mean Passkey 3 right? I saw on the unofficial SC site that the SC mini won't work with the new Passkey 3, so that means I have to get Superkey. But I'm worrying about not be able to use the Superkey for M3 Lite when it comes out..ugh.

p.s. Wow.. the M3 is so expensive comparing to SC. I hope the M3 Lite would be cheap.

No prob.

No, I mean Superpass. It was the old passme device. It was bulky and invloved running a file to the SRAM, quickly plugging in the Superpass, then rebooting. You had to plug a game in it and progam it for that specific game too. Funny you don't know what it is when you asked where to get it, but i guess it was just a typo :laugh: .

I didn't see that on the Supercard site. Can you give me the link? I know it has problems with the EZ products, but I haven't heard anything about Supercard.

Yep. The M3 is much more expensive. You pay for that pretty GUI. The M3 Lite should be cheaper as the M3 team is trying to reduce the price of thier carts because Supercard is so much cheaper a lot of people are going for it instead.

Edited by Ji@nBing

the new M3 popped up on a chinese website with an asking price of about 250HKD i guess it is just a placeholder for it when it finally comes out. don't have a link to it, my girl found it and said it was for preorder or something.

i wish some solid news would come out about it.. i can't wait to invest in the DS Lite friendly sized M3 :)

question about them mini sd cards for my supercard... can i get just any card? or are there brands which aren't compatible with supercard?

Still deciding between EZ Flash and G6.

Dunno if 500MB will be enough for homebewr and games, I don't plan on watching movies or playing mp3s.

How is the MP3 quality on Supercard, anybody knows? What kind of format does it play?

It's not bad using Moonshell. Very low volume using DSOganize. It plays MP3, OGG, and I think a few others. It's good enough, but it's not going to replace your MP3 player. Niether of those apps have any kind of EQ, so you have no extra bass, ect... I think it would sound a lot better with a portable headphone AMP, but why bother investing that much?

The English version of the G6 Lite will be released in two weeks. This means the North American carriers will have it in stock and it will be much easier to find.

Many people are wondering how to update their G6 Lite into English version. We have only released the Chinese version of G6 Lite in the moment. If you buy the G6 Lite from China or some unoffical resellers, it should be the Chinese version. It is no way to change the language firmware by the software or loader.

We will release the English version of G6 lite around two weeks later.

Please contact our reseller later or pre-order from them

Link

Hope these questions haven't been answered before (because I am feeling a little bit lazy atm):

1. Will the G6 Lite work with the original G6 USB adapter? Are they sold seperatly so I can get a discount on the G6 Lite when the english one comes out?

2. Is the G6 Lite a perfect fit in the DS Lite?

3. How big will the G6 Lite be?

When I purchased my orignal G6 I thought I was getting 2 GigaBytes (because I was uneducated) and ended up with 2 gigabits (256MB). I would like at least 1 gigabyte of storage. Is the Supercard MiniSD a perfect fit or does it stick out? Anything coming out in the near future that is at least 1 gigabyte of storage and fits perfectly in the DS Lite so know one can tell? Right now when I bust out my G6 + Passkey 2 it turns my nice little DS Lite into a frankenstein machine :|

Hope these questions haven't been answered before (because I am feeling a little bit lazy atm):

1. Will the G6 Lite work with the original G6 USB adapter? Are they sold seperatly so I can get a discount on the G6 Lite when the english one comes out?

2. Is the G6 Lite a perfect fit in the DS Lite?

3. How big will the G6 Lite be?

When I purchased my orignal G6 I thought I was getting 2 GigaBytes (because I was uneducated) and ended up with 2 gigabits (256MB). I would like at least 1 gigabyte of storage. Is the Supercard MiniSD a perfect fit or does it stick out? Anything coming out in the near future that is at least 1 gigabyte of storage and fits perfectly in the DS Lite so know one can tell? Right now when I bust out my G6 + Passkey 2 it turns my nice little DS Lite into a frankenstein machine :|

2. Yes it's a perfect fit just like the original dust cover for DS Lite.

3. It'll be 512MB (so 4 gigabits)

Supercard MiniSD Sticks out a bit. U can get the EZ4 Lite with uses a MicroSD only sticks out a lil bit. And yes, there will be a lot of flashcarts that will fit perfectly with the DS Lite coming out in the next 2 months (my prediction)

I think I may just wait and see what comes out as my G6 works fine although it sticks out quite a bit and is limited on storage.

My SuperKey came in today and it works like a champ. Any reason why I should key my Passkey 2 around or is it safe to sell on ebay?

I think I may just wait and see what comes out as my G6 works fine although it sticks out quite a bit and is limited on storage.

My SuperKey came in today and it works like a champ. Any reason why I should key my Passkey 2 around or is it safe to sell on ebay?

I'd say it's safe to sell. Sometimes I like to keep things like that arround just in case though, but that's just me. I like to have all kinds of spare parts :p

Ninjapass is available for pre-order on Winsunx:

A New Brand maned Ninjapass will release at China , it is a first Direct Boot Up and real size flash storage device of the DS & DSL . Therefor it is a first real DS Flasher of the world .

Ninjapass for the Nintendo DS and DS Lite is the perfect solution for accessing DS media from any GBA flash storage device. Simply snap in the Ninjapass dsflash cartridge, and that's it ! Media, freeware, executables and other files stored on your flash card can be launched. The Flash Cart revolutionised the GBA Homebrew scene, and with Ninjapass dsflash , it will do for the DS too.

Ninjapass Media Launcher Invincible Boot Up Solution is compatible with most types of flash cards including all G6 Family , all SuperCard Family , all EZ Family , all M3 Family , ...

And Ninjapass dsflash Build - in 128Mbit / 256Mbit / 512Mbit / 1Gbit memory , let you to run the DS Homebrew rom direct from DS slot and don't need any GBA flash storage device . Ninjapass Build - in 2MB memory , therefore Ninjapass DsFlash Compatible with most the game save (4k , 64k . 2M).

Ninjapass Built in Multi-game menu and passcard function , so you can make your Multi game or passcard to boot up your other GBA flash storage device from the GBA slot or direct play your ds rom from the DS slot .

What's includes:

• Ninjapass DS Flash - 512Mbit storage device (x1)

• Ninjapass USB2.0 Writer (x1)

Seems almost identical to the already available Ultra Flash Pass. I don't know what they expect you to do with 512Mbit (64MB), but it's a start. Hopefully in the next year or so we will see products that are 512MB-1GB in this form.

Also keep in mind that this is from Winsunx. After the G6 Lite debacle, I would be very weary of ordering from them.

I just saw that too. 512Mbit won't hold much, but it looks interesting, should be good once capacity goes up. I wonder how Winsunx is pricing it, the G6 price was just a guess. Probably best to wait until they get stock before ordering one, if you really want it.

I just saw that too. 512Mbit won't hold much, but it looks interesting, should be good once capacity goes up. I wonder how Winsunx is pricing it, the G6 price was just a guess. Probably best to wait until they get stock before ordering one, if you really want it.

Well, if you wait until they get it in stock, you might be out of luck. They don't seem to be able to balance pre-orders with the stock they will be recieving.

For those of you that don't know what happened with Winsunx and the G6 Lite, first they announced a G6 Lite Pro (a cheaper G6 Lite with no GBA support) and started taking pre-orders for it. Well the G6 Lite Pro doesn't exist and never did. The M3/G6 makers never announced one. Winsunx just assumed because they are making an M3 Pro, that they will make a G6 Lite Pro as well. Not cool at all to start taking pre-orders based on an assumption with no confirmation from the company that makes it.

Then they just recently emailed all of the preorders of the G6 Lite to tell them "oh, by the way, this is the Chinese version" after they already have thier money. No mention of it being the Chinese version on thier site.

They'd had a pretty good record up until now, but after this I wouldn't order from them. You just can't trust them. Better to wait a bit longer and get it from a reputable re-seller in North America such as Kicktrading.

I was so close to ordering the G6 off them too. I just ordered the MK4 Mini from Yangke Games, the order status has been updated to "processing", now all I need is a flash cart.