The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

Great service, unlike Divineo who stole my money :angry: .

I had a problem with the time it took Divineo to ship, so I cancelled my order, they gave my credit card a full refund. They didn't do the same for you?

Got my SC Lite today! Realhotstuff rocks! It shipped out on saturday, and it got here this afternoon (tuesday) despite the labor day weekend.

Question. Since I have the SC Lite with MicroSD now, I need the new Supercard software to convert games and such right? I went to their site and downloaded the version for SC Lite, but the zip files contains several files other than the Supercard setup file. What are those files for?

They are:

moonshell reset for supercard.nds

UPGRADE.scu

patch moonshell for supercard.exe

scfont.fon

Another question is, can I still use the save files from the SC Mini? So I don't have to beat every game again.

I had a problem with the time it took Divineo to ship, so I cancelled my order, they gave my credit card a full refund. They didn't do the same for you?

I payed with a money order. I cancled and got the confirmation of the cancel, then almost two weeks later I suddenly got a mail saying they have the SC Lite in stock and do I want them to proceed with the order. I said no, I canceled it. Please return the money order at my cost. Well I never heard back from them. Been about 3 weeks from them and I've sent them several e-mails and never got a response. I'm going to try calling them tomorrow.

Got my SC Lite today! Realhotstuff rocks! It shipped out on saturday, and it got here this afternoon (tuesday) despite the labor day weekend.

Question. Since I have the SC Lite with MicroSD now, I need the new Supercard software to convert games and such right? I went to their site and downloaded the version for SC Lite, but the zip files contains several files other than the Supercard setup file. What are those files for?

They are:

moonshell reset for supercard.nds

UPGRADE.scu

patch moonshell for supercard.exe

scfont.fon

Another question is, can I still use the save files from the SC Mini? So I don't have to beat every game again.

The Moonshell files are for getting Moonshell working on the SC Lite. They shouldn't be needed now though as Moonshell has been updated for SC Lite, so you can just grab the latest version. The upgrade is a firmware update. Not sure that the scfont is...

For the firmware upgrade, do i just put it in the SC lite and run it on the DS?

oh and btw JianBing, can u update the compilation of Moonshell (from 1.33 to 1.4) on ur first page when u have a chance? Thanks

For the firmware upgrade, do i just put it in the SC lite and run it on the DS?

oh and btw JianBing, can u update the compilation of Moonshell (from 1.33 to 1.4) on ur first page when u have a chance? Thanks

Yep, just put it on the root of your microsd and run it.

As for the Moonshell files, the 1.4 release doesn't work as a self contained .nds rom on SC for some reason. It crashes at bootup. I'm waiting to see if he will fix this. If not, I'll have to post the shell folder along with the exe files for each type of SC. Very annoying. I don't know why he broke it :p

Yay! finally got to grips with moonshell, Spongebob Moonshell :cool: Really was suprised at how simple it is really when I actually bothered to google a little :blush:

:woot: My M3 Lite has been shipped by Kicktrading and will be here in a few days.

I got my M3 today.. and the chipset was in the black case.. when i changed it to the white casing.. it was very tight to get into SLOT2.. is yours the same?

Also.. what should i do on this message prompt?

"A massage will appear to ask you to install or bypass the installation procedures. (press "start" to install, press "A" to bypass)"

What does it do?

Edited by rayjin

I got my M3 today.. and the chipset was in the black case.. when i changed it to the white casing.. it was very tight to get into SLOT2.. is yours the same?

Also.. what should i do on this message prompt?

"A massage will appear to ask you to install or bypass the installation procedures. (press "start" to install, press "A" to bypass)"

What does it do?

I've not recieved my M3 yet. It's been shipped, but will not arrive until if not Friday then Monday. So I can't anwser your questions on it yet. You can ask at gbatemp or the M3 forums, they will be able to help you.

Kingston are good for M3 apparently. Basically get as fast as one as you can find. Reports thus far are that the M3 Lite doesn't share the same preformance boost over the other versions that the SC Lite did.

Does this mean that Kingston isn't good for Supercard? More specifically, are the Kingston miniSD's good for Supercard?

Does this mean that Kingston isn't good for Supercard? More specifically, are the Kingston miniSD's good for Supercard?

Kingston is still good and will run great. Sandisk just seems to get a little bit better preformance for some reason. It really only makes a difference 3 or 4 games though and they are older ones. No big deal.

Also, M3 just released a new firmware update and patcher and reports are that all SD cards get great preformance now. Hopefully the the SC team will follow suit.

The new ezflash software sped up the castlevania intro for me on my sandisk microsd quite a bit. It used to be a slideshow to now it actually plays a video, however it does lag when there is a lot of motion. I read about the kingston microsds being a bit faster so i popped in the 1gigger i bought for my chocolate phone into the ez4lite and the movie is even better- however still very slight choppiness in the highest motion moments.

I wish i could use some of the homebrew stuff like dsorganize et al, so im reallly really thinking about dropping another $80 for an m3lite. I'll wait for ji@nbing to get one and hopefully give a nice in-depth review on it. moonshell + movies/mp3 on the ez4lite is horrible, and i've been wondering what it was like on the m3lite.

Devs (one of the mods at scdev.org) has posted a nice review of the M3 Lite at gbatemp.net. There have been several other reviews, but they were all rather sloppy and "ametuerish", so I didn't post them.

Really can't wait for mine to arrive now. I've got the latest firmware, patcher, and a few themes on my desktop just waiting to be used :p

I've got mine.. but don't know what to do with the M3Lite... what does the firmware update anyways.. I hope it doesnt touch the DS firmware. So what exactly does it update? :huh:

I hope I'll be able to add some nice apps to it tonight.

I've got mine.. but don't know what to do with the M3Lite... what does the firmware update anyways.. I hope it doesnt touch the DS firmware. So what exactly does it update? :huh:

I hope I'll be able to add some nice apps to it tonight.

It doesn't touch the DS firmware. Just updates the firmware of the M3. The latest update has a few bug fixes and enables a preformance increase when used with the newest patcher.

Is it just me or does this happen to everybody? When I run Setup.exe for Moonshell 1.4 the checkboxes for the supercard rom images are disabled. What do I need to do to get it running on the Supercard Lite? :wacko:

Is it just me or does this happen to everybody? When I run Setup.exe for Moonshell 1.4 the checkboxes for the supercard rom images are disabled. What do I need to do to get it running on the Supercard Lite? :wacko:

Grab the newest version, 1.41. It has SC Lite support.

Has anyone tried accessing their schools wifi (resnet) through nds browser with network key? is it possible? i dont have a nds myself just wondering if it works cause i might pick one up for FF3 THANKS

So the easiest way to do this is probably through your own computer (laptop). Get the Nintendo USB Wifi adapter and as long as the computer it's hooked up to has an internet connection, your DS will too. The adapter is only $30, so if you're going to do this all the time it might be a worthwhile investment for you.

i have had my m3 lite chinese version (as purchased from shop here in hong kong) and its a very nice unit. loving the way it fits in so nicely. saves working well... although i didn't know what i was doing at first as i hadn't put the saves in the correct location but nice unit indeed.