• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

The Official NDS Homebrew Thread

SoapyHamHocks    99

I was thinking about getting this one. Does the miniSD one support the extra memory and can it be used for DS Linux?

Captain_Wang    0

I think most cards can support up to around 2GB storage cards, and yeah you'll be able to run DSLinux, hopefully they'll have a full browser released soon. I'd go for it, I've been so pleased with my supercard.

Harreh    9

So when is gbatemp.net going to be giving this review on the NinjaPass X9?

I just had a look and see nothing. Although some info on the SuperCard DS(ONE) has been released-which seems pretty cool and I think sounds better because I know more about it and know that their other products are good.

Menge    33

So when is gbatemp.net going to be giving this review on the NinjaPass X9?

I just had a look and see nothing. Although some info on the SuperCard DS(ONE) has been released-which seems pretty cool and I think sounds better because I know more about it and know that their other products are good.

yeah man! the SuperCard DS One seems pretty nice!!! so does the M3 DS Simply.

gotta love the prospect of one-slot-slot1 solutions! i might even buy an M3 this time around, since right now i have a supercard+superkey

Harreh    9

I'm really not too sure what to get any more. I've had my eye on the NinjaPass X9 for a while now, but I've been waiting for this apparent review that gbatemp.net is coming out with and I hear nothing of it.

I just don't want to have to shell out twice as much(extra ?40) for the slot1+slot2 combos.

If the SuperCard DS One is of a similar price and I can find a place that sells to the UK(UK site preferable) then I'd probably go for that.

Danrarbc    1

I'm really considering an M3 DS Simply or SuperCard DS One. Since the slot 2 addons all work with them, especially the memory one.

Ji@nBing    53

Reviews of the Supercard DS and M3 Simply DS should be up in a week or two.

Early reports of the SC DS are that it doesn't work completely as claimed and a few games have problems. The good thing is that the SC team have great support for their products and it will probably be fixed soon.

Personally, I'm waiting for the M3 Simply, and then I will decide between the two. So far though, the DS-X is the best cart on the market. It's just too bad it's so expensive and is only 512MB.

I'm really not too sure what to get any more. I've had my eye on the NinjaPass X9 for a while now, but I've been waiting for this apparent review that gbatemp.net is coming out with and I hear nothing of it.

I just don't want to have to shell out twice as much(extra ?40) for the slot1+slot2 combos.

If the SuperCard DS One is of a similar price and I can find a place that sells to the UK(UK site preferable) then I'd probably go for that.

They can be a bit slow sometimes with the reviews. If you want some opinions now, your best bet is to browse through the forums and see what people are saying about it.

Here are a few pics of the SC DS and the M3 Simply for those that haven't seen them yet.

SC DS:

scds1mi0.jpg

scds3ve2.jpg

scds4xd3.jpg

scds5lg4.jpg

M3 Simply (No menu shots yet):

m3ds1sup7.jpg

Danrarbc    1

SuperCard, FINALLY getting better menus.

morficus    0

so has anyone pre-ordered the M3 DS Simply as yet?

also.. does anyone know when this will actually be out? I don't want to pre-order mine then end up waiting 3 months for it :s

Harreh    9

so has anyone pre-ordered the M3 DS Simply as yet?

also.. does anyone know when this will actually be out? I don't want to pre-order mine then end up waiting 3 months for it :s

Where can it be pre-ordered from(UK site preferable)? How much for?

And yes, when does it come out?

morficus    0

you can pre-order from Divineo for $44.95 USD + shipping

I don't know if they still have any pre-orders left though

Harreh    9

you can pre-order from Divineo for $44.95 USD + shipping

I don't know if they still have any pre-orders left though

Whoa..that's way cheaper than the NinjaPass X9...about half the price!

I remember reading in this thread that Divineo.cn is a really bad site to buy from though.

Ji@nBing    53

M3 Simply will be out next week.

Divineo.cn isn't that bad, it's Divineo.com you want to avoid at all costs. However, I would wait until a more reputable dealer such as realhotstuff or kicktrading has them in stock and get them from there

I'm looking at picking up the SC DS while I'm in China at the beginning of next month. I wanted to get the M3, but Danny (M3's main man) told me he can't get me and English copy in China for some reason and to just order it from here. So I'm looking to pick up and English SC DS while I'm there instead (it's cheap there, $25) and then get the M3 when I'm back. I'll decide what one I like more and give the other to my bro ;)

Just an update for those of you awaiting reviews of these new carts. GBAtemp has the NinjaPassX9 in hand and are currently in the process of writing up the review for it. SC DS, M3 DS Simply, and R4 are all on their way to them for review as well.

Harreh    9

Just an update for those of you awaiting reviews of these new carts. GBAtemp has the NinjaPassX9 in hand and are currently in the process of writing up the review for it. SC DS, M3 DS Simply, and R4 are all on their way to them for review as well.

Yay! Can't wait to read the reviews! :)

morficus    0

Divineo.cn isn't that bad, it's Divineo.com you want to avoid at all costs. However, I would wait until a more reputable dealer such as realhotstuff or kicktrading has them in stock and get them from there

*morficus plays with his Wii as he waits patiently*

;)

Harreh    9

So what's the difference between the M3 Simply and M3 Real? I read that the Real version was to released after the Simply.

Ji@nBing    53
So what's the difference between the M3 Simply and M3 Real? I read that the Real version was to released after the Simply.
Not a lot is known about the Real version. We do know that it will come with a RAM pack that goes in the GBA slot so it can run GBA ROMS. Also it will have PDA software. It is supposed to be released a month or so after the Simply. That's about all we know for now.

bfoos    1

It seems as though R4 DS and M3 Simply, are the same device, short of one bridged connection on the PCB.

I'm seriously considering getting the R4.

Harreh    9
It seems as though R4 DS and M3 Simply, are the same device, short of one bridged connection on the PCB.

I'm seriously considering getting the R4.

Yes, but I remember reading that the price of the 2 is very similar so imo it's better to get the M3 Simply.

And one app that i'd like to see, but can't find, is a bit torrent client that downloads the data to either the memory on the DS(the microSD card) or can put it on your PC via wifi.

I think it'd be fantastic to be able to download things overnight and save loads of power, and be able to sleep due to no noisy fans!

bfoos    1
Yes, but I remember reading that the price of the 2 is very similar so imo it's better to get the M3 Simply.

R4 is the producer and their team provides M3 with the firmware for the Simply. Seeing how the firmware updates come from R4, their device gets updated before the M3. So in my opinion, it's better to get the R4.

mattmatik    76

I'm confused on something. Does the R4 have the same functionality as the SuperCard w/ SuperKey? The only difference is that the SC needs the SuperKey to work, correct? Reason I ask is because the R4 is $40 while the SCw/SK is $68.

bfoos    1
I'm confused on something. Does the R4 have the same functionality as the SuperCard w/ SuperKey? The only difference is that the SC needs the SuperKey to work, correct? Reason I ask is because the R4 is $40 while the SCw/SK is $68.
It's slot one so no GBA support unless you also have a GBA flash cart (R4/M3 Simply will function as passme devices). Also, homebrew compatibility with most of the more popular apps is lacking, but that's not their fault and it's improving as developers take slot 1 solutions more seriously.

MadFerIt    0

Hey guys I'm considering buying a DS Lite in the near future (very soon maybe).. And I was wondering what the best one slot solution would be? I know there's a great number of them, although I'm hoping to get one with MicroSD support rather then memory included (since they seem to be far too expensive).

Also what homebrew apps would you recommend? I heard something about an MSN Messenger?? That sounds amazing.

Harreh    9

There are reviews on the NinjaPass X9 and R4 DS on http://www.gbatemp.net . Check them out. They will be releasing reviews on the M3 Simply and the SuperCard One later.