Official NHL 2005-2006 Playoff Thread

Great news!

I opened my web browser for a reason and then I got distracted. It was bugging me that I couldn't remember the purpose. So, I went of to Neowin because that is usually what I do when I have a browser open and I saw this thread. Then, of course, I remembered why I opened the browser in the first place. I was intending to go to NHL.com to see what happened.

Its a bit of a funny coincidence that edmonton wiped out anaheim 4-1, who white washed colorado 4-0 who beat dallas 4-1. Does that mean that Calorlina of Buffalo are going to win by the same margin? :whistle:

Buffalo's chances are done with now that their top 2 defensmen are out. It's quite sad really ebcause Buffalo had a good chance. Now their chances have greatly diminished and are only 1 game away from elimination.

Its a bit of a funny coincidence that edmonton wiped out anaheim 4-1, who white washed colorado 4-0 who beat dallas 4-1. Does that mean that Calorlina of Buffalo are going to win by the same margin? :whistle:

well, it appears finishing fast can definitely cause problems.

edmondton will take it to 7, whoever it is...

Carolina will win. They were going to win regardless but since Buffalo lost three key defensemen it's going to be hard for them to win the series and then continue to the cup. I'm calling Carolina to win this and Carolina win it in 6 games for the Cup.

I hope that Edmonton wins. I think they have been playing pretty good, plus, Canada needs one of our teams to win the cup sometime soon. Calgary almost got it 2 years ago, hopefully Edmonton gets it this time. Rolly the goalie has been doing pretty good, let a few easy ones threw, but still doing pretty good.

CANES ARE GOING TO THE STANLEY CUP FINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EDMONTON VS CAROLINA!

*gets out his wallet*

man what a crappy game Buffalo played. I know they had all kinds of missing players and injuries...but damn, they played terrible. They played like they were trying to prevent a goal, not score one...never going to win that way.

Well tough luck for the Sabres tonight as Carolina advances. I say tough luck because Buffalo would have won this series as easily as they did against Ottawa. Too bad that 4 of their 6 defensement were out with injuries, and their top centerman too. Just an unlucky series of events. But hey, theres always next year.

In the begining of the season people pegged buffalo to miss the playoffs and be another disaster. With their low-low salary I could venture and guess that Buffalo will have no problems retaining key players. I think this years salary was only $29m; $10m less than the cap. Next season the cap should jump to 43-46. Buffalo is going to have a great club in the future.

congrats to the canes. i thought they were gonna blow it in the 2nd. i think the finals will be good. edmonton will make it 7 games. i think carolina will win it though.

Congrats to the canes, they are my pick for the stanley cup. Im guessing they will win the cup in 5 or 6 games. :yes:

$1157.60 in tickets.

3x Game 5, Section 116, Row 2 = $890.75

And just in case

2x Game 7, Section 336, Row who cares, it's upper level already = $266.85

I wanted to get at least one game with really good seats, and then I decided to get some Game 7 tickets too, just in case. I figured IF we do go to Game 7, I DEFINATELY want to be there, but I didn't have as much to spend becauase of the Game 5 tickets so upper level works, as long as I'm there and screaming my fool head off :D.

Plus I plan on going to the arena every away game to watch with the rest of the fans, assuming they do that again this year. They did in 2002, but I haven't heard anything official yet. I'll have to ask my friend who works at the RBC Center.