Wmp 11 in Windows XP

i like. will owrk perfectly with my vista windowsblinds theme. maybe, just maybe i might consider switching from itunes with 11

what kind vs do u use?

if you are referring to the VS is the screenshots--that would be royale glass i think--its the media center theme.

what kind vs do u use?

he's using the Energy Blue theme by Microsoft or some refers to it as Royale. The download is on Microsoft's site. And its the official XP theme for MCE 2005.

can you elaborate a bit? what is "sp2 compact mode"?

its WMP 11 running on vista build 5365 with xp sp2 compatibility mode. if u run wmp 11 the usual way by double clicking it will give u the transparent aero ui if dwm is enabled. if u turn off dwm u'll get a nasty looking brownish aero express ui on the player. if u run it with xp sp2 compatibility mode, u'll get the black ui. my bad though.. its compat, not compact. sorry for the confusion.

with aero dwm enabled

wmp11_2.jpg

with dwm turned off aero basic

Untitled.jpg

with dwm enabled using xp sp2 compatibility mode

wmp11_2.jpg

wmp 10 xp skin :p

wmp111146233295.jpg

Edited by Skoogie

WMP 11 looks soooo much better than 10 does, damn.

Personally, I think this statement only holds water when WMP 11 exists in Vista. This UI looks completely out of place when used in XP, unless you have a black VS to match it. (I can't say anything about the mini player though. It looks awful at this stage. But that's just my opinion.)

Edited by rm20010

Windows Media player 11 For Windows Xp is here finally...

Take a look at the link below for some real screenshots of wmp11 in Windows Xp, Wmp11 sure looks real good..

https://plex.wordpress.com/2006/04/29/wmp-11-in-windows-xp/

Enjoy ;)

Prince, it wouldn't hurt if you actually sourced where you got the screenshots from rather than saying "a network" and "someplace else" in your blog, that network being WinBeta.org.

I just reformatted my xp hd, but the boot.ini is readonly right now nd im havin a hard time fixin that so i can add vista to the menu so I can boot it!!!

It looks nice, but whenever I used Media player 11 in vista, the video quality for the divx file looks like crap. I am guessing it's the codec, but I'll still wait for couple of people to try it on xp, then may be switch ot 11.

Very nice, I can't wait for it to be released :D .

PSG22

Don't make a post like that without a link to the download! You got my hopes up :/ Agreed though, screenshots look great.

Yeah man dont post like that

It looks nice, but whenever I used Media player 11 in vista, the video quality for the divx file looks like crap. I am guessing it's the codec, but I'll still wait for couple of people to try it on xp, then may be switch ot 11.

same here. at least i'm running only vista codecs. don't tried any codec pack to see if i get better quality.

anyway Vista's 5365 running very fine here. finally a good BETA build.

:unsure: