Wmp 11 in Windows XP

I like how this WMP thread is about Photoshop. :)

The XP code and Vista code are compiled differently. Vista in XP mode will be similar to XP's player, but it won't be identical.

Windows Media Player 11 is now officialy leaked. I will post more screenshots (with a full screen!) Aaaaah i hate Genuine Advantage Validation!!! Whee workaround!

Edited by Ambroos

Windows Media Player 11 is now officialy leaked. I will post more screenshots (with a full screen!) Aaaaah i hate Genuine Advantage Validation!!!

Haha

Looks like I have to get my laptop then..

FWIW, 4826 is not the beta build.

good because i want to be able to choose artists and playists to play from the now playing window and mini player rather than having to go to the library to choose. unless i'm blind you can't do this.

To reiternate what's been posted by staff, please don't ask for links or how to get it. It's out there, so just search for it.

On a side note, I had no installation issues as I didn't have to worry about workarounds and whatnot (I'm using a genuine copy) :)

This build is really nice. I really like how they organise the music. I think I may go BACK to WMP instead of Winamp and ITunes :D

screenshots http://www.skoogie.be/ :)

btw hey ambroos.. how u get this thing to show up? mine never get to display the album art. are u playing from local library or the urge sample? im liking this player so much now. no more winamp for me.

Screen11-large.jpg

im liking this player so much now. no more winamp for me.

Edited by Skoogie

Local Library, as visualization you just need to select Info Center View: URGE, but you can't see it when you use the little arrow under Now Playing, just right-click your current viz and select.

If your current Viz has built-in menus (like GForce) click on the little arrow below Now Playing and select Album Art from Visualizations menu. Then you can right-click on your viz (Album art) and select Info Center View: URGE... Simple!

Local Library, as visualization you just need to select Info Center View: URGE, but you can't see it when you use the little arrow under Now Playing, just right-click your current viz and select.

If your current Viz has built-in menus (like GForce) click on the little arrow below Now Playing and select Album Art from Visualizations menu. Then you can right-click on your viz (Album art) and select Info Center View: URGE... Simple!

thanx my man. its showing now. :punk:

Ok, I saw something amazing and would like someone else to confirm this screenshot. Basically what I'm seeing is support for ogg, aac, mp4, ape, flac, mpc, and other audio formats. Is anyone else getting this?

wmp113vk.th.jpg

That dialog is third party extensible. This has been true going waaaaaay back when to it was first created in WMP6.0(?). You can set up custom Groups under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Multimedia\WMPlayer that point to your desired Extensions, MIME Types, Protocols, and Devices, and they'll show up here in and the File Types dialog. Please be careful, of course - don't stomp on WMP's registrations, yadda yadda yadda. It's not rocket-science. :)

So: yeah, you probably installed a third party plug-in that added support for those types, and they registered their appropriate Groups for use in WMP's file associations utilities.