Wmp 11 in Windows XP

I just reformatted my xp hd, but the boot.ini is readonly right now nd im havin a hard time fixin that so i can add vista to the menu so I can boot it!!!

unhide it, right click it, click properties, uncheck readonly, hit ok, edit with notepad.

am I missing something?

Even if its a fake, i want the media player for xp very badly :(

Its such a great improvement in both technical and design points of view over the media player 10.

I tihnk we need mod colabro on this one; Can links be posted?

on the net in a few places, just my dl stopped :(

I think your downloading something else; Ive searched and nothing comes up...

LoL. Prince, what do you have to say about this.... ;)

IMHO, the guy who took those screenshots found out about the WinXP compatability mode, took some screenies, then took some screenies of an XP desktop, and boom...p'shop....[wooo.I'm so impressed.]

Exibit A: ( :lol: )

toolbar4vj.png

Notice how, if you look closely; especially at the left edge of the WMP Tray applet, next to the logo, portions of the taskbar are actually black -- and not the MCE "Royale" theme the user who took the screenshots is using :ph34r: . Thus, it is plainly clear the user was using WMP 11 on Vista; where the taskbar is dominantly blurred (with DWM on) and is entirely black (with DWM off).

w00. P'shoped indeeedd. :p

umm does the same thing in XP for me with WMP10 so i think those shots are real. and if you have read anything about WMP11 for XP is that Ms is keeping the same UI just using XPs graphcis system

Personally I think WMP10 looks better than WMP11 - on either Vista or XP.

i second that!, WMP10 is da best :D

Apparently they are real shots; but I still find that hard to believe. The source has pretty much kept it quiet, and it hasn't as yet leaked. Oh well.

Personally, I think this statement only holds water when WMP 11 exists in Vista. This UI looks completely out of place when used in XP, unless you have a black VS to match it. (I can't say anything about the mini player though. It looks awful at this stage. But that's just my opinion.)

Currently Windows XP doesn't have a unified look and never had one in the first place. So why expect Microsoft to make one now?

LoL. Prince, what do you have to say about this.... ;)

IMHO, the guy who took those screenshots found out about the WinXP compatability mode, took some screenies, then took some screenies of an XP desktop, and boom...p'shop....[wooo.I'm so impressed.]

Exibit A: ( :lol: )

toolbar4vj.png

Notice how, if you look closely; especially at the left edge of the WMP Tray applet, next to the logo, portions of the taskbar are actually black -- and not the MCE "Royale" theme the user who took the screenshots is using :ph34r: . Thus, it is plainly clear the user was using WMP 11 on Vista; where the taskbar is dominantly blurred (with DWM on) and is entirely black (with DWM off).

w00. P'shoped indeeedd. :p

I don't know. We can only wait and see if it is true or not. There are suppose to be leaks circulating around the internet but for the moment I'll wait until there's an official word from Microsoft.

PSG22

WMP 11 Build 6140 running on XP Pro SP2.

wmp11xp015eg.jpg

wmp11xp021vs.jpg

p/s: to uber, the screenshots is not fake and not photoshopped. previous secreenshots is the wmp11 running on vista with xp sp2 compatibility mode.

Official WMP11 Promotional Poster

MP11_Turn_320_240.gif

Download here

Edited by Skoogie

WMP 11 Build 6140 running on XP Pro SP2.

p/s: to uber, the screenshots is not fake and not photoshopped. previous secreenshots is the wmp11 running on vista with xp sp2 compatibility mode.

Why is the "About window" Vista non-glass themed then?