Wmp 11 in Windows XP

Unfortunately, those WMP11 screenshots on XP of 6140 are indeed fake, in terms of them not being XP but rather from Vista. They are nothing more than the Wmp11 build running in Vista 5342 under compatibility mode as I've said a countless number of times now. If you had looked at the Wmp11 screenshot from win-vista, then you would see that masterhack's Wmp is the same exact build as the 5342 one, and, as can be seen in 5365, one can run Wmp11 in Vista under compatibility mode and see the XP skin which is undoubtedly what was done for 6140. Without any more proof such as a whole desktop screenshot with the winver etc., there's no way to tell for sure that 6140 is on XP, and considering that the "About" window is using the Vista non-glass theme just as 5365's Wmp11 is, then its more logical to say that they are indeed from Vista.

4779 however is a real XP Wmp11 build.

As for bragging, no I'm not bragging about having the build. In fact there's only 1 person who has the build and it will not get leaked. I was merely stating where the shots originated from since no one had mentioned it yet, and if you consider that bragging, well then you've got some issues.

no big deal, its just a screenshot. both looks identical and that pretty much what we can expect for the final build. doesnt matter who got the beta or who doesnt. if credit is what u're looking for, then it goes out to microsoft for making the piece of software instead of some network or person who leaked "shots". lets just sit back and wait for the public beta or final shall we.

no big deal, its just a screenshot. both looks identical and that pretty much what we can expect for the final build. doesnt matter who got the beta or who doesnt. if credit is what u're looking for, then it goes out to microsoft for making the piece of software instead of some network or person who leaked "shots". lets just sit back and wait for the public beta or final shall we.

Yea, I agree about waiting for the actual beta to start and I do admit that both the screenshots for 6161 with XP compatbility on Vista and 6140 from my guess Vista came before the 4779 screenshots, and that's fine, credit goes to those who found it, we saw the XP UI before we even saw it on an XP WMP 11 build. I hadn't even seen the screenshot of 6140 until it was posted later in this thread. My only concern was and is that 6140 is nothing more than a Vista WMP from 5342, and wanted to get more information regarding what OS the build really is from, as the screenshots do make it look like its from Vista and not XP, and why nothing more was heard about that build considering that the build is much newer than 4779 yet the screenshots for 6140 have been around for quite some time now with no major discussion about them.

Edited by Arneh

Yea, I agree about waiting for the actual beta to start and I do admit that both the screenshots for 6161 with XP compatbility on Vista and 6140 from my guess Vista came before the 4779 screenshots, and that's fine, credit goes to those who found it, we saw the XP UI before we even saw it on an XP WMP 11 build. I hadn't even seen the screenshot of 6140 until it was posted later in this thread. My only concern was and is that 6140 is nothing more than a Vista WMP from 5342, and wanted to get more information regarding where the build really is from, as the screenshots do make it look like its from Vista and not XP, and why nothing more was heard about that build considering that the build is much newer than 4779 yet the screenshots for 6140 have been around for quite some time now with no major discussion about them.

okay.. (Y)

i dont see what its the excitement for this personnally i really hate wmp since version 7 it becomes bloated, slow, it downloads a tons of useless images and album stuff in my mp3 folders, they need to redone entire wmp to make it more lite but that wont happen...

I like the Library - search feature..simple; it's a one app does all kind of thing for me

agreed. that's the main reason why i prefer WMP over any other player. Used to use winamp for years but i switched back with WMP9/10.

Loving the integration of MSN Music. Too bad they dropped streaming support. These days you have to pay 7 euros monthly for unlimited plays compared to the 1ct/play. With the new subscription you'll have to at least play 24 songs every day of the month! That's one an hour!

Can't wait for WMP 11!!

Only good things happen to those that have patience,just wait because in the worst case scenario they'll release the beta in 2 months. And it will be full of bugs and use more resources than media player 10.

It's not the end of the world if those screenshots are fake,which a doubt, and who cares if the UI is black,you have skins to change it how you like it.

You can color your UI (though it stays quite black), and the screenshots are real, but only the ones from the first post are XP, the rest is Vista running application compatibility mode (XP SP2 compatibility)

Use more resources? Maybe... Vista also uses more resources but runs way more smooth on my pc (P3 1.4Ghz, 288Mb SDRam) than XP...

Vista runs fast if you don't have many applications running at once.Once you open more programs it will slow down to a crawl,at least on my computer.

I'm curios to see if you can safely use the beta over mp 10 when they bother to release it.

Realplayer can work with Ipod's... that's what they say at their site...

I never followed the outcome, but Apple was supposed to be sueing/threatening RealPlayer for breaking its DRM so that Real could use all the features of the iPod. It was awhile back so I don't remember all the details.

"restarting" made me chuckle.. he just froze at the end, and that was funny..

IMO some of the other ones are kinda misleading, though.

^^ wtf? wrong thread

sorry! :blush: :rofl:

^^ wtf? wrong thread

LOL! That's too funny. :rofl: You're fun.

My favorite, btw, was the network one.

^^ wtf? wrong thread

:rofl: . By the way, I'm still waiting to see if this is real or not.

PSG22

Found something: the EXIF-information of the original screenshots shows that they used Photoshop Elements 4 to make the picture... It could also be that he just used PrintScreen and then pasted it into Photoshop 4, but still it's strange. It's not difficult to make a screenshot like that with Adobe Photoshop 4... Try it and post it here (with desktop background), but be sure to tell yours is fake!

Found something: the EXIF-information of the original screenshots shows that they used Photoshop Elements 4 to make the picture... It could also be that he just used PrintScreen and then pasted it into Photoshop 4, but still it's strange. It's not difficult to make a screenshot like that with Adobe Photoshop 4... Try it and post it here (with desktop background), but be sure to tell yours is fake!

Yea Photoshop Elements was used and probably for two reasons, a) to get better quality with the Jpg screenshot compared to Paint which has awful Jpg compression, b) to easily erase bits such as the ProductID for WMP 11 that the owner didn't want displayed. If you look at the first pic, the jpg, you'll even see Editor - Ph... as one of the apps running in the taskbar.

However, Prince then modified the About jpg and removed the owner's name from the "About" window and probably used Paint in the process. He stated that he did this in his blog's comments. The actual Jpg that the owner posted wasn't of such awful quality.

Edited by Arneh