Wmp 11 in Windows XP

Sooooo, the screenshots are just based on someone who has an xp with patched uxtheme or Jemaho's Vistaskin for windowblinds without AlphaBlending...

Am i right?

-- Update: those torrents are just fake. Version number of wmplayer.exe is 10.00.00.3802 (different from screenshots) and language is Danish (wtf?)... Don't get how they did that...

ever heard of uxtheme hacking?

I wouldn't expect many people to be using the non-glass theme from Vista under XP.

Nevertheless, why not post a complete desktop shot with winver? Anyone can post a screenie of just Wmp11 now from Vista with the XP SP2 Wmp11 skin and reshack the version number if they wanted to.

What is "Vista with XP SP2 compatibility mode" ???

just like you can run a program in xp in 98 comptibility mode you can also run programs in vista in xp sp2 compatibility. basically you need it to make some older programs work.

Torrents are fake, probably screenshots too...

Torrents are just Danish WMP10 with reshacked version number..., the tmp file in the torrent has version number 1 0 . 0 0 . 0 0 . 3 8 0 2, so it's just all fake fake fake i guess...

Edited by Ambroos

Torrents are fake, probably screenshots too...

Torrents are just version reshacked, the tmp file in the torrent has version number 1 0 . 0 0 . 0 0 . 3 8 0 2, so it's just all fake fake fake i guess...

I can guarantee to you that the screenshots for the real Wmp11 build (4779) under XP with the Royale theme are not faked, seeing as they came from the network I'm from, WinBeta.org and knowing who showed the pics. Nevertheless, that build will not get leaked for many reasons, that's certain.

I can guarantee to you that the screenshots for the real Wmp11 build (4779) under XP with the Royale theme are not faked, seeing as they came from the network I'm from, WinBeta.org and knowing who showed the pics. Nevertheless, that build will not get leaked for many reasons, that's certain.

good. so now u know.

Well the torrent is faked...

Well the torrent is faked...

The torrent has nothing to do with the screenshots. 4779 will not get released so there's no point looking for any torrents for that build.

good. so now u know.

Are we going to get see your whole desktop with winver or should we just judge whether your pic is real or fake based on just Wmp11 being in the screenshot with a Vista non-glass theme?

Are we going to get see your whole desktop with winver or should we just judge whether your pic is real or fake based on just Wmp11 being in the screenshot with a Vista non-glass theme?

get masterhack to print u tons of screenshots for ur viewing pleasure if thats what u want. enough tips.

get masterhack to print u tons of screenshots for ur viewing pleasure if thats what u want. enough tips.

Thanks for proving to us that your screenshots are nothing more than Wmp11 under Vista.

Btw, 6140 is the Vista 5342 Wmp11 build with the exact same version etc. in the About window that your screenshot has,

http://www.win-vista.net/albums/Vista5342/wmp_2_ver.png , so yes I do think that your screenshot is not XP at all, but just 5342 with the compatibility mode.

Edited by Arneh

Thanks for proving to us that your screenshots are nothing more than Wmp11 under Vista.

wmp11 build 6161 is on vista 5365. it has a blue progress bar and a different shuffle/repeat icon. wmp11 build 4779 and 6140 on xp has the green progress bar with a new shuffle/repeat icon. enabling visualization on 6140 will screw up ur machine display. hang > reboot.

wmp11 build 6161 is on vista 5365. it has a blue progress bar and a different shuffle/repeat icon. wmp11 build 4779 and 6140 on xp has the green progress bar with a new shuffle/repeat icon. enabling visualization on 6140 will screw up ur machine display. hang > reboot.

I would suggest you look again at my previous post, I edited it after finding the right screenshot. Your 6140 is nothing more than just Vista 5342 Wmp11 with compatibility mode. http://www.win-vista.net/albums/Vista5342/wmp_2_ver.png shows the 5342 Wmp11 build which does indeed have the Green rather than blue.

Anyone know if it supports ipods? Or is MS boycotting it still?

If not, I think its daft not supporting it. If they did I would use it over Itunes any day of the week.

Do you actually think apple would allow any other program except iTunes have official support for ipod?

So WMP11 with XP SP2 compatibility on vista just shows us something that looks like WMP11 on XP... Nice...

What's the difference between build 4779 and 6140 on xp?

So WMP11 with XP SP2 compatibility on vista just shows us something that looks like WMP11 on XP... Nice...

What's the difference between build 4779 and 6140 on xp?

6140 is not on XP. My previous post shows the screenshot of 6140 is nothing more than just Vista 5342 Wmp11 with compatibility mode for XP. 4779 is the only real Wmp11 XP build so far.

dammm the all black theme for wmp11 looks so much better then the normal vista one with aero glass...

So all i can say is that i hope it really looks like when it does get released in june or july.

Do you actually think apple would allow any other program except iTunes have official support for ipod?

Exactly. If anything did support it they'd probably issue a firmware update to disable it. Apple + community = joke.

Anyone know if it supports ipods? Or is MS boycotting it still?

If not, I think its daft not supporting it. If they did I would use it over Itunes any day of the week.

Same here. I just hope someone releases a plugin for WMP 11 just like they did for Winamp.

I would suggest you look again at my previous post, I edited it after finding the right screenshot. Your 6140 is nothing more than just Vista 5342 Wmp11 with compatibility mode. http://www.win-vista.net/albums/Vista5342/wmp_2_ver.png shows the 5342 Wmp11 build which does indeed have the Green rather than blue.

u just wont give up dont u? that is because 4779 and 6140 is the older build from 6161. so what will 6789 or 7999.9 be? red? just sit back and pray u get ur hands on the leak.

u just wont give up dont u? so what will 6789 or 7999.9 be? red? just sit back and pray u get ur hands on the leak.

I really do hate it when people claim something but can't stand up to their claim, especially when the facts are right in front of them that prove them wrong. Skoogie, without any more proof from you, for example a build date, a full screenshot with winver, your screenshots are nothing more than Wmp11 under 5342. If you really do want, I can even install 5342 and take a screenshot that looks exactly the same as yours with the same build number and UI.

Obviously 6140 and 4779 are older than 6161. The 6140 screenshot however is from Vista 5342. The 4779 screenshot is from XP. Btw, 4779 was built on the 13th of March.

WMP11 is colorable, you can choose a color but it isn't affecting the buttons as in WMP10, and not (yet) affecting slider colors, and it also isn't changing the taskbar mode yet...

Screenshot: WMP 11 in Vista (5365) XP SP2 compatibility colored red (attachment)

post-151800-1146422883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ambroos

yeah, it was called musicmatch.

Why make it so complicated:

WMP11 quick build overview:

4779 (XP) ---green sliders (13th march)

6140 (Vista 5345) ---green sliders

6161 (Vista 5365) --- blue sliders

assuming that all screenshots are real it just means that microsoft decided to make the sliders blue, not green, and that the XP build was made BEFORE they made that decision.

Nice bragging. :rolleyes: