Download 2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2

Does anyone know how to make Outlook stop asking for the Desktop Search thing?

It's getting quite annoying and I don't need an extra process running on my computer... :angry:

Ditto...

How are you installing it? Did you have a previous version of Office installed? You can't upgrade.... Check the MD5 values to see if they match with the one posted.

Toos>Options>Other>Advanced Options>Uncheck "Show prompts to download Windows Desktop Search".

Geeze.....how did you find that? Thank you. I looked all over the place, guess I missed it.

the activation does not work....

it says cannot find internet connection..

help anyone?

is this office an evaluation copy?

I'm having the same problem, and I turned off every firewall I can find. I'm in safe mode right now and can't do it still. This is ****ing me off.

Geeze.....how did you find that? Thank you. I looked all over the place, guess I missed it.

Same... And I'm usually good at finding settings for other people in this forum :|

Thanks! :)

The biggest bug of all for me is still there....doing an upgrade still leaves offive 2k3 installed along side office 2k7.

Have no idea why. Anyone else getting this?

you have to in the installation panel check "remove all previous versions of office" or something along those lines.

anyways, i ended up clicking ignore to my own little error, installed fine afterwards.

Enjoying this new office, however is it just me or is it not remembering any of my settings...

like, line spacing, page zoom, etc.

The biggest bug of all for me is still there....doing an upgrade still leaves offive 2k3 installed along side office 2k7.

Have no idea why. Anyone else getting this?

Office 2003 is still installed, though I swear I told the installer to remove Office 2003. In any case the uninstall entry for Office 2003 is still there in Add/Remove Programs.

I quite like this beta. It is slightly slower than Office 2003, especially with the new effects (effects for pictures, for instance, can be dog slow for large images, plus effects in Powerpoint), and this interface is still uncomfortable for me at this point.

edit: argh, and Publisher's interface hasn't changed a bit! :angry:

Edited by rm20010

How are you installing it? Did you have a previous version of Office installed? You can't upgrade.... Check the MD5 values to see if they match with the one posted.

Simply running OPPLUS-EN.exe and choosing Custom (remove all previous versions).

This ****ty new Smartsource downloader doesnt work for me, just makes the download give a blank error every time and won't start. They need to put a copy on the beta site for download not this piece of trash preview site.

i was getting the activation problem too... now i'm getting a new popup message

edit--nevermind, it's giving me that same error message how it can't find an internet connection again. i thought they were fixing it...

post-34287-1148437771.jpg

Edited by wookietv

Having the activation problem as well.

I don't know what the problem is, since it worked with Visio and Project, but it won't work with Office.

^ That happened to me as well. After closing about 5 programs that I knew couldn't be related to Office 2007, I just pressed Ignore and everything was sound.

Is it possible to install this completely separate to Office 2003? I want to try it, but i don't want it to "take over" my computer.

Edit: Seems like it's possible, if you DON'T install Outlook. *installing everything except outlook*

Edited by GeeZuZz

I downloaded and installed it, no problems, just took a while. Activation doesn't work but clicking cancel does.

I REALLY like office07

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector doesn't work with Office 2007, so I can't sync my Hotmail account with Outlook. Other than that, everything has been fantastic. I can't wait for it to hit final.

I can't activate it too :cry: I downloaded spanish version and havin' the same problem...

Hope microsoft fix it Hurry!

post-69894-1148442863.jpg

shadowwh : Why hurry? Honestly, it doesn't matter if they fix it now or in a week. It only matters that it is fixed before the timebomb ;)

Well thats true :yes:

Grrr, is there a place where I can report problems with this beta?

I tried printing a document saved in the old .doc format, and it came out to be like this (the sheet to the right):

img150923ir.th.jpg

Luckily Word 2003 is still on this system, so I used it to print the document (seen on the left).

My printer's a Canon i560, printer driver version 1.73e.

Are documents made in Office 2007 compatible with older installations of Office (i.e. 2003)?

No, by default anything you save in Office 2007 is not backwards compatible. You can change its save format by clicking the orb, (app) Options, and then the Save category.