Download 2007 Microsoft Office System Beta 2

I'm glad I activated it early before all the problems appeared... for me it was quick and painless.

I'm glad I activated it early before all the problems appeared... for me it was quick and painless.

how do u activated it?!

Please tell us :pinch:

Seems also they just issued everyone the same key....to install and activate with:

Microsoft® Office Professional Plus 2007 MTP6Q-D868F-448FG-B6MG7-3DBKT

Microsoft® Office Visio® Professional 2007 QB6MH-Q82HX-BFWPK-8TXTY-HHJT6

Microsoft® Office Project Professional 2007 GP24P-FC3DP-HXY7Q-YG3JR-J4G3G

Microsoft® Office OneNote® 2007 TFKGD-9VXBG-T22DK-FQB9P-MBPG6

also here's outlook 2007 b2 with bus contact manager

no key required according to ms site

http://download.esd.licensetech.com/Micros...ILES/BCM-EN.EXE

TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE. The software will stop running on February 1, 2007. You will not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running.

the activation server should be fixed soon... :cool:

TIME-SENSITIVE SOFTWARE. The software will stop running on February 1, 2007. You will not receive any other notice. You may not be able to access data used with the software when it stops running.

the activation server should be fixed soon... :cool:

Define soon... :shifty: .

PSG22

Why use MS Office when there are free alternatives online? I mean those web2.0 applications. I remember coming across some that actually let you do your document (word), presentation (powerpoint), spreadsheet (excel) online, export it to pdf, save it for local use...etc.

Isn't that more flexible? In fact, google juz bought one of these companies (comp name was writey or sth, i 4got the exact name). I doubt microsoft will still get the same market share once these type of web applications is being adopted by the community. It's just a matter of time. Juz google for it and u will get a couple.

Whatever function you are looking for, web applications will be able to do it (or at least in the future). Btw, how many so called "advance features" do u use in MS office? For me, I've been using the same good old feaures since ms office 95 (or even older, 4got the version...), and MS keep updating and luring customer to buy new updates, when usual ppl juz need the same old function. How many here know what exactly a "sharepoint" is? I have no idea, and I don't have to know, for the time being.

I won't update to MS Office 2007, that's for sure.

Sweet! Downloading as I speak on my 512k/128k ADSL. Will have it in 2 hours. :)

I agree with you tthmaz. I was very lucky to trial Office 2003 and find that it's only a interface polish update of Office XP which I bought back in 2002. OpenOffice is my main suite of choice even though I got office 2003 trial installed right now, will uninstall it for office 2007 beta.

How the bloody hell do you activate this? If I cant then I may as well just forget it and reinstall 2003. But I like it so much.

yep still cant activate ! but the demo is nice !

Why use MS Office when there are free alternatives online? I mean those web2.0 applications. I remember coming across some that actually let you do your document (word), presentation (powerpoint), spreadsheet (excel) online, export it to pdf, save it for local use...etc.

Isn't that more flexible? In fact, google juz bought one of these companies (comp name was writey or sth, i 4got the exact name). I doubt microsoft will still get the same market share once these type of web applications is being adopted by the community. It's just a matter of time. Juz google for it and u will get a couple.

Whatever function you are looking for, web applications will be able to do it (or at least in the future). Btw, how many so called "advance features" do u use in MS office? For me, I've been using the same good old feaures since ms office 95 (or even older, 4got the version...), and MS keep updating and luring customer to buy new updates, when usual ppl juz need the same old function. How many here know what exactly a "sharepoint" is? I have no idea, and I don't have to know, for the time being.

why TROLL here ! everyone knows there are other office programs out there its OUR choice !

imho i could care less if your going to upgrade or not

Personally, I like the spelling, grammer, and user interface in Office a LOT better than the alternatives. I use Power Point a lot, the alternative to Power Point is a joke (for Windows, that is). Just a few reasons why I like MS Office, and couldn't put up with anything else ...

HOW ON EARTH do I force this stupid activation to FIND my internet, which obviously is working and functioning?

UPDATE TO ALL TRYING TO ACTIVATE:

Well well, good ole MS (Yes I like them) has FUBARD AGAIN. Apparently their site/server/whatever controls the activation at IP 131.107.115.36 IS DEAD!!! I shall try again in a day or 2.

Edited by AaronZ

Brilliant! But I don't care.

A very large percentage of Neowin users know very well of Office alternatives, but we choose not to use it.

HOW ON EARTH do I force this stupid activation to FIND my internet, which obviously is working and functioning?

A lot of us are having trouble activating this thing. It's along the Microsoft's server side. You'l just have to wait until they resolve the activation issue.

Microsoft Office Outlook Connector doesn't work with Office 2007, so I can't sync my Hotmail account with Outlook. Other than that, everything has been fantastic. I can't wait for it to hit final.

For a while, on the beta.microsoft.com, they were offering an Outlook Connector download for testers to try if they paid for the service (premium Hotmail account or whatever it is). I don't pay for that so I didn't test it. I don't see it now, but I'm pretty sure it was working with Outlook 2007 beta 1.

yep activation still isnt working. its been a really long time now. its quite disappointing how long it takes to fix a server :(

Has anyone gotten a download link for OneNote? In the email they send it only has the key, no download link. Thx.