Windows Live Mail Desktop Beta

I just got my invite and couldnt sign in at first but can now...its alright i'll have a better look later :)

I made a quick .exe that patches it for you (it just uses a string reader/writer since those <elements> can be accessed if you open the dll as a .txt). Backup mailres2.dll first since I've only tested this once or twice, it might not be stable yet. It's in C# (which I'm a noob at) and you need the .NET Framework 2.0

http://www.rebirthclan.com/WLMDesktopPatch.exe

If this is breaking Neowin rules, this post can be removed :p

after i put that patch, the program doesnt start anymore. and when it does start it errors and exits. thanks... oh well, didnt need the program anyways.

One small Question, will this WLMD works with live.com or windowslive.com accounts, because there is no option to add this server types. I am now using my hotmail account only.

Hey, the patch posted on the last page is down for me. Anybody got another mirror?

Edit: as soon as i sent it came back up, just ignore this

I installed the Windows Live Mail Desktop beta but after that i don't see any folders. Everything on the left of the screen is empty. Does anyone know how i can see my folders?

:(

I am having the same problem. Any ideas??

post-76885-1151935596_thumb.jpg

I am having the same problem. Any ideas??

This is from Jim in the WLMD newsgroup, I claim no credit or liability if it doesn't work, but the guys experiencing this in the newsgroup reported that it works ok:

If that is the problem, open the registry to this key with the Mail Desktop

Beta closed:

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2592889828-4208865303-1639956936-1006\Software\Microsoft\Windows

Live Mail Desktop Beta

Look in the right hand column for "Tree" and change its value from 0 to 1.

Exit Registry Editor and reopen Mail Desktop Beta. You should now see your

Folder List in the left hand pane.

--

Jim

Does anyone know how to get rid of the ActiveSearch pane? I went to View> ActiveSearch Off, but that didn't work, even after restarting WLMD

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it.

Sorry about that :p

Edited by Maligogo

WOW! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

I was thinking of giving it a try! But I never got round to it, then found this!/

WOW!

Chris

Does anyone know how to get rid of the ActiveSearch pane? I went to View> ActiveSearch Off, but that didn't work, even after restarting WLMD

EDIT: Nevermind. I got it.

Sorry about that :p

Not sure, for me ActiveSearh pane will not turn on, the option is grayed out.

Where do you get @live.com email address

tey are not out yet however a few (like me got 1 ) due to cheat found on the Windows Live Accounts Site

One small Question, will this WLMD works with live.com or windowslive.com accounts, because there is no option to add this server types. I am now using my hotmail account only.

Anyone got an answer to this? Would be muchos appreciated.

i received microsoft's invitation to try wlmd(windows live mail desktop beta),but when i installed it and double-click ,it tell me:

starting windows live mail desktop beta for the first time requires an online connection,please connect to the internet and then try again.contact microsoft support for further assistance[0x80048883]

and

windows live mail desktop beta could not be started because msmail.dll could not be initialized.windows live mail desktop beta may not be installed correctly .

i unstalled and installed again and again,but failed .could anyone tell me why and how should i do?

thank you.

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :pinch: :(