Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard build 9A241 leaked

And the spotlight icon is also strange... There is a dot inside of the magnifying glass... If Apple changes it, what does it really signify?

That means that spotlight is indexing the computer. Im guessing that the person had an external hard drive to use time machine to its fullest and well it takes awhile to say the least to index something that large. There is also the problem of using time machine to back something up and having it index the hard drive. It runs into several problems...

All those screenshots are real...

Haha, everything in the OS world always leaks. :laugh: It would be cool if Apple did a public beta program for Leopard as Microsoft did for Vista :)

Haha, everything in the OS world always leaks. :laugh: It would be cool if Apple did a public beta program for Leopard as Microsoft did for Vista :)

It would be great, but they won't. They're are only so many configurations they can have since they control the hardware.

And the spotlight icon is also strange... There is a dot inside of the magnifying glass... If Apple changes it, what does it really signify?

The dot inside the magnifying glass means that Spotlight is doing it's initial index of the system. This happens on Tiger as well, although most people never notice it. The dot actually flashes, so the screenshot was taken while it was visible.

edit: sorry, I see that this has been mentioned several times already. Oops.

Just for the record, this does not work on any hackintosh just yet.

Just for the other record, Tiger 10.4.7 UB Server has leaked as well.

For any doubters, this is real...I will post some more screens of this tonight hopefully.

Okay, so upgrading 10.4 to 10.5 doesn't work that well yet? I have the build on disc but haven't installed it yet.

It never does, preview builds never handle the "upgrade" well. It's always best in preview builds to install to an empty partition or do an erase and install.

I'm a little bummed to see that the option "Always show tab bar" has disappeared from Safari. That really bugs the heck out of me.

It never does, preview builds never handle the "upgrade" well. It's always best in preview builds to install to an empty partition or do an erase and install.

Yup that's what I did.

I'm a little bummed to see that the option "Always show tab bar" has disappeared from Safari. That really bugs the heck out of me.

Can't be bothered by it. I always have the tab bar hidden when there's only one tab.