Mac OSX 10.5 Leopard build 9A241 leaked

Wow. The Keynote icon. You can almost read whats written on that report. ;)

Those are some really beautiful icons!

OOoohhhhhh. What a stunning icon. If i'm not careful, all these icons are almost orgasmic. :blush:

They're not "almost" to me!

:climaxes:

Those are some really beautiful icons!

They're not "almost" to me!

:climaxes:

LOL. :D :p :whistle: :rofl:

That made me chuckle. ;)

Expose and Spaces icons just suck, though that time machine one is pretty slick.

Also if you have a look in the menu items, they're pdfs now instead of tiffs (volume, wifi, bt, battery)

Expose and Spaces icons just suck, though that time machine one is pretty slick.

I agree w/ you. Time Machine's icon is very nice! Hopefully, the Expose & Spaces icons aren't he final versions. lol

I didn't even know Expos? had an icon. LOL!

Wow. The Keynote icon. You can almost read whats written on that report. ;)

If you zoom in on it, it appears to be that pseudo language that the placeholder text in Keynote and Pages is written in.

Is it just me or is Expos?'s overlay much darker than on 10.4 Tiger?

Oh yeah!...how odd. I mean, why would they do that?

You know what would be kind of cool? If when in Expos? mode, the background also gets blurred. LOL!

You know what would be kind of cool? If when in Expos? mode, the background also gets blurred. LOL!

That would be a bit pointless... but it would look cool, I agree.

Nope. Mac OS X Leopard actually does those automatically now when capturing a window. Nice huh?

I noticed that Windows Vista's screenshot making tool still sees the entire Desktop and it's windows as one flat image. Pretty amazing that the Mac OS X interface is actually layered and can be captured as such.

That's just awesome, you learn something new and amazing everyday in the Mac world. :D

They should blur stuff behind the Dock.

Btw, does anyone have some theories of why Apple's incorporating the Unified Brushed style into individual applications (and placing it's resources in every application bundle) instead of just making it part of Extras(2).rsrc?

That would be a bit pointless... but it would look cool, I agree.

Actually, I take it back. IMO, it would not be good to blur the background...or maybe it's alright...::confused:: lol

mock-up:

eewwtc4.th.jpg

blurrier background:

eewwrr5.th.jpg

Edited by Destroyer of Nations

Nope. Mac OS X Leopard actually does those automatically now when capturing a window. Nice huh?

I noticed that Windows Vista's screenshot making tool still sees the entire Desktop and it's windows as one flat image. Pretty amazing that the Mac OS X interface is actually layered and can be captured as such.

You can actually take a screenshot of the application/folder your focused in by pressing Alt + Print Screen. I just found that out :D

untitledgf9.png

(Windows XP)

You can actually take a screenshot of the application/folder your focused in by pressing Alt + Print Screen. I just found that out :D

image removed

(Windows XP)

I know. But it's not nearly as sophisticated as on Mac OS X where every interface element (Desktop background, Dock, Menubar, Menu Extras, independent windows, Dashboard widgets, Dashboard/Expos? overlay, Desktop/Dock icons etc.) can be captured with preservation of transparency:

Weather widget>

picture1ur8.png

Desktop icon>

picture2ca3.png

Menubar Spotlight section>

picture4fa6.png

Menubar Menu Extras section>

picture5ax5.png

As you can see it isn't really comparable with what Windows does.

Thanks Neowave for showing off those high-res images of the various apps. They sure look fine. Now Expos? and Spaces doesn't look too bad. And that Safari icon = yummy:))

Sure np. If some of you want me to I can export those 512x512 px sizes to .png and post them here (with transparency).

Looks like Automator is getting an overhaul too:

picture3db6.png

Edited by Neowave

I know. But it's not nearly as sophisticated as on Mac OS X where every interface element (Desktop background, Dock, Menubar, Menu Extras, independent windows, Dashboard widgets, Dashboard/Expos? overlay, Desktop/Dock icons etc.) can be captured with preservation of transparency:

As you can see it isn't really comparable with what Windows does.

Haha, yea there's no comparison, it's just I didn't know that you could even do that in Windows.:laugh::

hehe, I discoverd it few years back by accident.

Some additional fixes/extras I found:

• Application/File/Folder titles displayed above the Dock are no long cut off at the bottom when using some characters like "g", "p", "q", "y" etc. (finally!)
  • Safari has movable tabs. They shift around the same way as bookmarks in the Bookmarks bar and Dock icons.
  • When dragging a tab from it's tabbar and releasing it on the Desktop it changes into a second window;
  • or you can drag it to another Safari window to place it in that tab bar instead.
  • Safari's scrollbars automatically scroll when something you're typing goes off the visible window area.

This is how it looks when dragging the tab?around outside the tab bar:

picture2er0.png

I posted a better description here:

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=...#entry587791811

Edited by Neowave

• Safari's scrollbars automatically scroll when something you're typing goes off the visible window area.

How do you mean? I don't understand your vision. lol

Hey Neowave,

If you were to Option-Command-+ (zoom in), will the screen get zoomed in vector or will it still show up pixelated?

Edited by Destroyer of Nations