Windows Vista RC1 build is 5600.16384

If Aero is just a set of guide lines for the GUI all of that could be content for Aero... No ? I pray that we might get a modern looking OS I'm very tired of Windows looking like... Windows. :)

If Aero is just a set of guide lines for the GUI all of that could be content for Aero... No ? I pray that we might get a modern looking OS I'm very tired of Windows looking like... Windows. :)

Aero can be labelled a "feature", since it includes the new wizard interface, notifications, font and phrasal tone. From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Aero

Aero Glass, Aero Standard and Aero Basic are the "contents" of Aero.

hi there. anyone know when will be vista rc1 released to betatesters like ctp testers? will it before its public or at the same like public? so for public.. is the monday 4th now the correct date?

sorry for my englisch.. i am from germany

It has already been released, I received my invite a few days ago and have already downloaded it. Didn't have a chance to install it yet however, doesn't seem to be working on VMWare.

It has already been released, I received my invite a few days ago and have already downloaded it. Didn't have a chance to install it yet however, doesn't seem to be working on VMWare.

That was Pre-RC1.

Vista RC1 wird zunaechst fuer offizielle beta tester erhaeltlich sein und dann erst ein paar tage spaeter als CTP zum download bereit stehen, z.zeit fuer den 5/6 geplant, falls es nicht zu irgendwelchen komplikationen kommt...

hi there. anyone know when will be vista rc1 released to betatesters like ctp testers? will it before its public or at the same like public? so for public.. is the monday 4th now the correct date?

sorry for my englisch.. i am from germany

most probably it is build 40xx. office is not a part of windows. it could be installed on every windows. as of text windows vista rc1 - most probably just edited in resources. it is not fake, but text with rc1 is a fake...

Vista RC1 wird zunaechst fuer offizielle beta tester erhaeltlich sein und dann erst ein paar tage spaeter als CTP zum download bereit stehen, z.zeit fuer den 5/6 geplant, falls es nicht zu irgendwelchen komplikationen kommt...

Please speak English. Thank you. :)

RC 1 released today. Great news. Close enough I guess. I guess they'll be working on those bugs for allong time so why not now. It will be interesting to see what changes/fixes they've made forceware drivers that were causing some BSOD and blank screens in 5536. Did anyone get Avast Home antivirus working in 5536. Anyway great news and time to really start working on the integration of drivers and software.

Edited by cropcircles

Unfortunetly, I have some bad news for you guys. :(

Firstly, let me start by apologizing to the Neowin community, and Longhornblogs.com on the outrage my concepts have created.

Yes, these concepts belong to me. They are not affiliated with Microsoft in any way. If you hang out at the Web and Graphic Design forums, you might've noticed a post made by me about a month ago, the post had in total of 3 concepts. These concepts were dubbed Windows Vi, after some critisism many people wanted a skin made out of them. A person, who is not a member here at neowin, contacted me that he would be happy to code a skin for me, since I have no skinning experience. I kindly accepted his offer, the initial idea was that the skin would please those who were fans of the old Longhorn days. The concepts you see here were created, as I said before the concepts were heavily based on longhorn, and had a touch of Vista added onto them.

As you know, offers with strangers simply just never get done, one is always busy, and around a week after the project was just off. Although the concepts were seen by a some people, and they were once hosted at imageshack, they might be still around if you look for them. After that, I just forgot about the whole thing and simply moved on.

Today, I come on Neowin and see this link, and was just shocked to see my concepts being posted as a "New Vista UI", "Aero Diamond", or just whatever. I will try to get in contact with the person who has posted the screenshots, I'm not very familiar with Flickr so is there any way I can get the email of the account that was registered in? I will update you as soon as possible.

From what I can see, the concepts are mostly in their original form except the person has added a "Build Number" at the corner of the screen.

Again, I apologize for the confusion my concepts have created. If you want, later today I will try to find the CD where I stored the conceptsfor your viewing pleasure :p

Thanks again. ;)

Firstly, let me start by apologizing to the Neowin community, and Longhornblogs.com on the outrage my concepts have created...

You're so cool! :woot:

Firstly, let me start by apologizing to the Neowin community, and Longhornblogs.com on the outrage my concepts have created.

Yes, these concepts belong to me. They are not affiliated with Microsoft in any way. If you hang out at the Web and Graphic Design forums, you might've noticed a post made by me about a month ago, the post had in total of 3 concepts. These concepts were dubbed Windows Vi, after some critisism many people wanted a skin made out of them. A person, who is not a member here at neowin, contacted me that he would be happy to code a skin for me, since I have no skinning experience. I kindly accepted his offer, the initial idea was that the skin would please those who were fans of the old Longhorn days. The concepts you see here were created, as I said before the concepts were heavily based on longhorn, and had a touch of Vista added onto them.

As you know, offers with strangers simply just never get done, one is always busy, and around a week after the project was just off. Although the concepts were seen by a some people, and they were once hosted at imageshack, they might be still around if you look for them. After that, I just forgot about the whole thing and simply moved on.

Today, I come on Neowin and see this link, and was just shocked to see my concepts being posted as a "New Vista UI", "Aero Diamond", or just whatever. I will try to get in contact with the person who has posted the screenshots, I'm not very familiar with Flickr so is there any way I can get the email of the account that was registered in? I will update you as soon as possible.

From what I can see, the concepts are mostly in their original form except the person has added a "Build Number" at the corner of the screen.

Again, I apologize for the confusion my concepts have created. If you want, later today I will try to find the CD where I stored the conceptsfor your viewing pleasure :p

Thanks again. ;)

Thanks for the update.

No problem, glad I saw this before it got totally out of control. To those who want a skin, I'm really not sure about it anymore. It never gets finished, and I have no experience in skinning either.

Well if there is a dedicated skinner out there, feel free to add me or pm me. We'll talk. To ANova, I know that it doesn't make sense of me apologizing, but I just feel better if I do. :p