Windows Vista RC1 build 5600 released

u missed my point or maybee i didnt make it clear enough......if i have 2gigs of RAM i want Windows to use it as much as possible....i mean it makes no sence to me that at times i have 1.5 gigs free on my XP box and its still using the pagefile, pagefile should only be used when ur outta RAM.....BUT when i open up an app it should yield that RAM to that app so it can run smoothly ....iam not saying that windows should hog up all the RAM and not let any applications use it :rolleyes:

How about you turn the page file off? I want as much free ram as I can get so when I decide I want to run 2-3 copy's of Everquest 2 (or somthing) It has the ram to do it. If windows is using more that means I can load less.

I have 2.5gb of ram, and I feel at times even that isnt enough.

How about you turn the page file off? I want as much free ram as I can get so when I decide I want to run 2-3 copy's of Everquest 2 (or somthing) It has the ram to do it. If windows is using more that means I can load less.

I have 2.5gb of ram, and I feel at times even that isnt enough.

that would be the case if it was windows XP now imagine if XP used the same amount of RAM is vista well thenif that was the casee you be perty screwed cause XP wont free resources when ya play a game or so.

With windows vista it will automaticly turn off all non needed resources during the game like right no when ya boota game up windows aero shuts down or atleast the glass , so ther ya got it Vista is freeing up resources so you have more ram for a game.