Vista RC2 released

That makes me wonder if there will be another Plus! pack for Vista that will include all the cool eyecandy that they didn't bundle into Vista since they were too busy rushing to ship it.

I don't see ultimate having one. it has almost everything you need. and then with ultimate extras, that could be the "ultimate plus! pack"

yeah i notice how the Font system still has the same dialog box from Windows 3.1!! go to the fonts folder and click import font! UGLY!!! i'd like that to be changed in this build

yeah i notice how the Font system still has the same dialog box from Windows 3.1!! go to the fonts folder and click import font! UGLY!!! i'd like that to be changed in this build

woooh buddy. this has been discused before a number of times.

I don't think it will, but if it is then it will be a shock to us....

i also hope word pad gets updated... still features the old 9x icons... :x

It has already been mentioned that this dialog will not be changed in Windows Vista.

I would like to see the new sound scheme, some refreshed wallpapers (the current ones are getting boring) and a new boot screen.

I got information that RC2 will have boot screen, totally new sound schemes. Also, there will be option to pick more appearance colors for aero. The support for ULI chipset, Lan is fixed, still no SLI though. ( I guess that's Nvidias part to take care of). There are numerous improvements, overall stability, and minor GUI tweaks...

true, but again who uses paint? In vista we have the "sniping tool" for screenshots...

They could have made a deal to include Paint.NET with Vista. It's Free and very good.

They could have made a deal to include Paint.NET with Vista. It's Free and very good.

true,very true...

i don't know munch about paint.NET but is it like photoshop?

I got information that RC2 will have boot screen, totally new sound schemes. Also, there will be option to pick more appearance colors for aero. The support for ULI chipset, Lan is fixed, still no SLI though. ( I guess that's Nvidias part to take care of). There are numerous improvements, overall stability, and minor GUI tweaks...

source or are you sworn to secretecy :p

That's why they invented dvd-rw :rofl:

Not only you have to burn the ISO at nearly 1x to have no install errors, using DVD-RW is a complete no-go. It never worked well for me. I only use DVD-R

Not only you have to burn the ISO at nearly 1x to have no install errors, using DVD-RW is a complete no-go. It never worked well for me. I only use DVD-R

I burn all the Vista betas on DVD+RW disks. They work when burning at full speed on my desktop, only on my laptop with an older dvd-rom drive do I have to burn at 1x to get it to work. I never have to re-burn, only the first time I installed Vista on my laptop, didn't know I needed to burn it at 1x to get it to work

Burn, do a CRC check, and you'll know if your disk is gona work :D

Pfft, where are getting that from? I burnt RC1 on my DVD-RW (Ricoh) at 4x (max speed it is capable of) without any problems at all. And I have done it with previous builds aswell.

I burnt my Vista DVD at 8x and never had any issues. I guess you were doing many things at the time (surfing, chattin, listening to music and such) while burning a DVD and it got messed up.

I burnt my Vista DVD at 8x and never had any issues. I guess you were doing many things at the time (surfing, chattin, listening to music and such) while burning a DVD and it got messed up.

they're talking about DVD-RW not DVD-R just to note.

dvd-r are soo cheap these days- its like ?9 for a 50-pk of 16x dvd-r's.

looking at that seattle clock - its only just hitting 10pm and its 6am in the uk- boohoo..:(( MS should release everything at GMT- same with apple and any worldwide release of a product:pp just imagine- a PS3 at GMT, Vista on shelves at GMT time:DD bah im just dreaming...

i've reburned my TDK DVD-RW many times with vista ISOs at my max possible speed 4x and never had a problem.

would be interesting to know what burners and discs are the people using, that have problems when burning vista at higher speed.. my drive: BenQ DW1620 Pro.

-andy-

Thurott: Update: Since this article was first written, Microsoft has had to advance the RC2 build to 5744.16384.061003-1945 . The company still plans to ship RC2 to testers on Friday.

Oh and about burning, as long as the program has a good buffer underrun and the dirve can support it, burning at 16x should be fine and has worked for me.

Thurott: Update: Since this article was first written, Microsoft has had to advance the RC2 build to 5744.16384.061003-1945 . The company still plans to ship RC2 to testers on Friday.

Update since yesterday :laugh: