NCAA Football Discussion

Isn't Auburn v. Alabama considered the Iron bowl or something? :huh:

Yes it is.

I should have gave you a longer answer. The media fascination with those teams play a big part. Also the South There is only so much space available that Auburn-Alabama doesn't get enough attention. Another problem is that the Auburn-Alabama game hasn't had the personalities that the other teams have had. The other programs have the likes of Woody vs Bo, OJ, the Four Horsemen, Gipp, Knute Rockne, and others. The only names that come to mind out of the Auburn-Alabama is Bear Bryant, Pat Dye, and Bo Jackson. Of course living in Arkansas, we would hear a lot about him since he is from the state. I can't really give you any more since Arkansas was in the old SWC until 1992. Maybe Constanza can give you some other names.

Edited by method

Troy Smith. The greatest player in America this year.

I would like to thank the Michigan Wolverines. With out the three wins against them none of this is possible.

Troy Smith. The greatest player in America this year.

I would like to thank the Michigan Wolverines. With out the three wins against them none of this is possible.

Go Mcfadden. Of course he will be the leading candidate for Heisman next year. Troy Smith had the 2nd largest margin of victory ever. Quite an impressive feat.

And yet, everyone knows about Mich OSU, or Notre Dame USC...that's my point.

I didn't know... then again, I only really care about SEC football and not "everybody loves us so much that we are over-hyped" USC. ;)

<sarcasm>

Ha yeah, Florida is so overrated that they went out and beat another top 10 team on the same weekend that USC couldn't handle business against UCLA.

</sarcasm>

• 3 weeks later...

That USC-Michigan game proved how great of a coach Pete Carroll is and how poor of a coach Lloyd Carr is. Tied 3-3 at halftime with neither team able to do anything on offense, Carroll and Sarkisian decide the hell with the run, we'll drop back and throw it down the field on them (which OSU did with regularity). Meanwhile, Carr stuck with his boring and non-imaginative 'pro-style' offense. God...and people wanted a rematch?

Of course, we'll probably hear Carr and Michigan fans complaining that the game was in California, basically a home game for USC.

Anyone got a link to the fiesta bowl recap? Highlights?

I have been looking for it all day but cannot seem to find the highlights. I have no idea why ESPN.com has highlights for all the games except this one.

That was indeed a pretty great game. It had everything: the underdog, the hook and ladder, the statue of liberty, the 4th down convesrsions, going for 2 in OT, the player proposing to the cheerleader at the end.

part of me is angered by the fact that they were given a bcs bowl when EVERYONE knew they were overrated. another part of me enjoys watching them get embarrassed on national tv AGAIN.

Notre Dame chokes again...

hahah yeaaa LSU _OWNED_ them. I seriously think Notre Dame needs a new coach.

btw, if anyone cares, Nick Saban, who coached at LSU and then broke his contract to go to the Dolphins, quit and is now coaching at Alabama. Idiot.

*LSU fan*

That USC-Michigan game proved how great of a coach Pete Carroll is and how poor of a coach Lloyd Carr is. Tied 3-3 at halftime with neither team able to do anything on offense, Carroll and Sarkisian decide the hell with the run, we'll drop back and throw it down the field on them (which OSU did with regularity). Meanwhile, Carr stuck with his boring and non-imaginative 'pro-style' offense. God...and people wanted a rematch?

Of course, we'll probably hear Carr and Michigan fans complaining that the game was in California, basically a home game for USC.

Carr isn't a poor coach just because of that game. I know his record lately isn't the greatest but hes still a good coach. Yeah they played bad in that game. I'm not going to deny it. I don't know why they played like they did. They played way better all season(even in the OSU game). It was like they didn't care after getting booted from the National Title. They lost mainly because the running game was being halted(1st time Hart was kept under 90yds all season) and Henne being pressured the whole game. I just hope that next season will see some things get fixed like an increase in pass defense and something with the offense.

I'm one that wouldn't mind seeing a rematch of MUvOSU. Yeah Michigan lost but they played as good of a game as they could on that damn turf and came within 3 points. The only team all season to come that close.

Oh and hahahahahaha to Notre Dame. I unfortunately live down the street from them but still laughed when I saw the score from the bowl game and when Michigan whooped them.

For the record I'm posting this not to start an argument. I just wanted to post it to say a few things. If you disagree with what I said then thats your opinion. This is just mine.

For Notre Dame that is not choke. Thats just a normal night out playing in a big game.

:rofl:

Can I be the first to say that Weiss is overpaid? Chris Peterson got paid $500,000 this year and took Boise St. to the Fiesta Bowl title and Weiss is getting paid millions and has yet to have a signature win.

It doesn't look any better for next year since Quinn is leaving. Quinn is pretty much what kept Notre Dame in most of the games this year.