Puzzle Box 2

Ohh they updated the pictures with a little bit of more resolution on the clues ..

Now I'm 110% sure that msft is behind all this, a project on hold forever, a cancelled event, poor resolution and a patch for it ...

Beware these are clues about Vista !!!, I hope I don't get the grand prize, I'm afraid they will reboot the flight computer when

we are all the way up there :-P

Lol, laughing so hard I can't even read....You were reading my mind.

Another French magician who developed original techniques was Joseph Buatier (1848?1903), known as Buatier De Kolta. Two of his outstanding inventions were the vanishing birdcage, a trick in which a live canary and a metal cage disappeared at his fingertips, and the expanding die, in which a 20-cm (8-in) cube suddenly increased 20 times its original size and was then lifted to disclose a seated woman.

The die was originally houdini

The die was originally houdini

You guys could be arguing the pointless. The puzzle says "How did they do that?" Perhaps is doesn't matter who did it, but HOW.

On Magic Lesson, he first deals out four of a kind to each hand and the fifth card is 3d (dealer), 7d, 3c, 8c, and 3h.

EDIT: He never shows the fifth hand when he deals the four straights. Is that supposed to mean anything?

You guys could be arguing the pointless. The puzzle says "How did they do that?" Perhaps is doesn't matter who did it, but HOW.

well it's misdirection but that doesnt work

I know htat's what i first thought but there is no connection

Houdini disappeared the horse using smoke and mirrors

Bautier used mechanics to disappear the bird cage

Copperfield im guessing used mirrors to disappear the statue of liberty

And i don't know about the rest

I believe the clue for this one is right before the 263 in the pic but I still can get a clear look at

what it's there, even with the new pictures.

Grrrr

And yes for the other few things we'll have more clues in Florida and Sidney, what Houdini seems to be doing is

not pointing to letters those are "hand signals" very common to direct aircrafts or during races, etc...

still can't find one site that has a matching signal list ...

Right before the (immediately before) 263 the symbol in Braille stands for Ph#...So I'll assume we will get the rest of that # elsewhere.

These are the first 5 Whiteboxes for the puzzles solved thus far (need to restart browser so must dump them now)

I am also yet to actually click any of the boxes even though they are clickable.

X-Ray

vpwbxrayhy7.png

Mind Reader

vpwbmindreaderrd0.png

Rabbit

vpwbrabbitfe5.png

Dominoes

vpwbdominoesyu1.png

Gravity

vpwbgravitywk4.png

Headliner

post-73934-1168715204.jpg

My contribution to this game ^^:

POSTCARDS

postcardshx8.jpg

And from em7456 we got:

post-194946-1168718094.jpg

Edited by Krosan

ok.. lets go for not who, but how they made all the things disappear...

liberty -

Poundstone wrote six pages on this trick and included a nifty illustration, but I'll just give you a basic summary: Copperfield had a setup of two towers on a stage, supporting an arch to hold the huge curtain that would be used to conceal the statue. The TV cameras and the live audience only saw the monument through the arch. When the curtains closed, David waxed poetic while the stage was ... slowly ... and imperceptibly ... turned. When the curtains opened, the statue was hidden behind one of the towers, and the audience was looking out to sea. Voila! The Statue of Liberty has disappeared!

Even if the stage hadn't completely hidden the statue, the towers were so brightly lit that the audience would be nightblinded. Copperfield had also set up two rings of lights--one around Liberty, and another set up somewhere else. When the trick "happened," his assistants simply turned off the lights around the statue and turned on the other set for the helicopters to circle around.

ok.. lets go for not who, but how they made all the things disappear...

liberty -

Poundstone wrote six pages on this trick and included a nifty illustration, but I'll just give you a basic summary: Copperfield had a setup of two towers on a stage, supporting an arch to hold the huge curtain that would be used to conceal the statue. The TV cameras and the live audience only saw the monument through the arch. When the curtains closed, David waxed poetic while the stage was ... slowly ... and imperceptibly ... turned. When the curtains opened, the statue was hidden behind one of the towers, and the audience was looking out to sea. Voila! The Statue of Liberty has disappeared!

Even if the stage hadn't completely hidden the statue, the towers were so brightly lit that the audience would be nightblinded. Copperfield had also set up two rings of lights--one around Liberty, and another set up somewhere else. When the trick "happened," his assistants simply turned off the lights around the statue and turned on the other set for the helicopters to circle around.

relating to the bird cage...

it's always a collapsible cage.

The bird cage is designed to collapse if it is not supported from both ends. Two of the opposite corners of the cage pull away from each other so that the box becomes somewhat of a tube, about 18 inches long and only one or two inches thick, that resembles a bundle of wire that is thicker in the middle than at the ends. An elastic cord attached to one end of the cage runs up the sleeve of the magician's jacket so that when the cage collapses, it is drawn up his sleeve and hidden from view. As a living bird is likely to be injured or killed when the cage collapses, fake birds are most commonly used in modern presentations of the vanishing bird cage.

'vanishing bird cage' from Wikipedia.org

I'm in Phoenix...any suggestions?

GO SEE IT LIVE

run! run like the wind! yu just have 8 more minutes!

edit:

ok.. you have 2 hours.. I was thinking of the wrong location :p

we might be getting clues for these puzzles:

card trick from Florida

headliner from Sydney

I say this 'cause of the icon on the top-left of these puzzles

just a little bit more :)