Puzzle Box 2

Wow, it says I have solved the postcards one. hmm. i don't remember doing it, But ok, i'll take it

:p

Try putting down all of the words you typed into the space...

Otherwise we all think your full of #$%^&!

lol....

POSTCARDS

Ok, so let's sum up what we know about the vanishing items.

Vanishing Statue of Liberty

Performed by David Copperfield in 1983, broadcasted on live television. Created by Jim Steinmeyer.

Trick: A rotating platform, that discreetly rotates while David is talking.

Vanishing Bird Cage

First designed by Bautier de Kolta. Used by Carl Hertz, Harry Blackstone Sr. and John Mulholland.

Trick: A collapsible birdcage that remains rigid in the magician's hands. When it is being inspected, the magician keeps his hands on it.

Vanishing Elephant

Performed by Houdini in 1918. Used the brightly lit Hippodrome Theater.

I'm not sure about the vanishing train or elephant. But something interesting to note, a majority of these tricks were designed by Jim Steinmeyer, who developed tricks for a lot of famous magicians. Could he be a connection?

Steinmeyer makes sense...he designed tricks for Henning so Houdini would be out.

The last two must involve steinmeyer seeing as the other three do.

I was thinking we should flip over the 2,6,3 (there are two 6's) That would leave use with 9,10,7 which could be the last 4 of a number. But we would be missing an area code..

if u count from left to right the carts 2 - 6 - 3 have the same sound when u click on them

Back to Cups and Balls, then. Here's an interesting probably red herring:

A Google search for blackstone shows that there is a book publisher by that same name. One of their offerings on Amazon.com is a mystery titled "The Magician". Could there, maybe, be a book published by Blackstone press that deals with the Cups and Balls trick?

Take a look at THIS book list:

http://www.black-stone.net/books/

It's primarily Muslim writings.

Edited by cousinIT

if u count from left to right the carts 2 - 6 - 3 have the same sound when u click on them

I don't think the sounds are a clue. I have a 2 and a 6 that match, and a 6 and a 3 that match, but none where all three match.

Well hopefully the hints from Phoenix will get us this one.. otherwise the rest are going to be tough since Austin was cancelled... We are getting less help on these..

Three card monte is that game you see on the streets where the dealer shuffles 3 cards and you try to find a specific card, not sure about 7 card monte but calling card may be the one your trying to find? Also, 263, 269, and 6037(counting 10 as a zero) are all prime numbers, hm :/

Well hopefully the hints from Phoenix will get us this one.. otherwise the rest are going to be tough since Austin was cancelled... We are getting less help on these..

Sounds like pheonix has moved or might be canceled

Well its than on the irc but well #7 Card

count down the cards to the symbol that turns the card and you get a phone number 234 2436

has been called and gives a clue

the answer is Hodini

Sometimes things are not so hard

but the count method was wrong sorry it count across and diff number

For 7 Card Monte...Was the "Black=A Red=N" a part of this puzzle?

I was wondering if "A" was area code and "N" was number?

Or maybe something else, as that theory hasn't been panning out...

From unfiction ...

You can flip each card by clicking on one of its pips. Now, imagine each card as a 9x9 grid, numbered 1 through 9. The active pips will be 877-4786. The skywriting clue ("236-") goes between, giving us a number to call: 1-877-236-4786.

Loki has a message there, asking us what disappeared on Halloween, 1926, in Room 401, Detroit. That is when and where Houdini died, so the answer is HOUDINI.

Well its than on the irc but well #7 Card

count down the cards to the symbol that turns the card and you get a phone number 234 2436

has been called and gives a clue

the answer is Hodini

Sometimes things are not so hard

but the count method was wrong sorry it count across and diff number

My friend, you are GENIUS =)