Prizes!

It was great meeting you and your girlfriend, Tracer! Happy that I could help you guys get into the spirit ... or should I say, get into the spirits! :)

By the way, if anyone wants to see what a SuperRob processor might have looked like if I had one, GearLive has a pretty funny take on it. My buddy Andru talked me into doing an interview or two during the party, and ... well ... won't ruit it for you.

Great Video !! and great job with the SuperRob processor !!!

Did you hear that the grand prize winner will be announced on the 12th at Rocketplane ?

Glad you had fun on the party, I can imagine the folks searching for clues, like counting the bubles in

each beer, looking under the plates, overanalyzing the olives on the martinis ....

Cheers

Can you please explain where you got that date from?

Both folks from Microsoft mentioned it in the interviews during the vpg party video pointed

by SuperRob. Also it seems that you will have to wait until 2009 to make the trip to space,

I was also looking around a little bit about Rocketplane, and they don't even have a plane

yet, just a concept design, looks promising but you may get $25K instead if they are not

able to put everything together.

Cheers

I was also looking around a little bit about Rocketplane, and they don't even have a plane

yet, just a concept design, looks promising but you may get $25K instead if they are not

able to put everything together.

Cheers

Did you mean $250K? Thats closer to the stated value of the prize.

Nope. From da rulez ...

"Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value, including the right to substitute

a high altitude jet flight or other similar extreme flight experience if Grand Prize as described above is unavailable.

In the event of a Grand Prize substitution, the Winner may choose to have the substituted travel experience

or $25,000 in cash, awarded as a check from the Sweepstakes Administrator. No barter, transfer, sale,

substitution or assignment of any prize permitted, except by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Prizes are not

redeemable for cash. Any and all guarantees and warranties for merchandise prizes are subject to the

manufacturer?s terms and conditions, and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such

warranty or guarantee claim."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they already launched the Rocketplane once during the X-Prize race a couple years ago...

Maybe there's a new model or something involved, but I swear I heard at least 1 of the contenders during the X-Prize race made it, and it had 'plane' in its name.

They did say that they will post the winners in the beginning of March. Hence they'll be contacting us IN BEGINNING OF MARCH, lol.

Incorrect. Read the rules again, it clearly says within 48 hours after the drawing. Then the (potential) winners need to send in an Affidavit of Eligibility within 14 days. If someone fails to do that, that person is likely disqualified and a new winner is drawn. That's what they need the 2x 14 days timeframe for before they can announce the winners. Of course, if they have bad luck with the second/third/fourth round of potential winners still not submitting the Affidavit, this might take longer - or they'll just publish a "preliminary" list of winners...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure they already launched the Rocketplane once during the X-Prize race a couple years ago...

Maybe there's a new model or something involved, but I swear I heard at least 1 of the contenders during the X-Prize race made it, and it had 'plane' in its name.

I think you're thinking about this. Spaceshipone

041004_spaceshipone_10a.h2.jpgspaceshipone-2.jpg

Edited by Glitchrf

They were listed as one of the teams but I don't remember them having a plane ready to show

and compete with Space Ship One that is actually the team that won the last X-Prize.

I was not able to find any information about the current status of the project, some references

said that they were planning to be redy for 2007, some other 2008 and on the interview with

the MS guy at the vpg party he said 2009.

Perhaps this association with MSFT is not helping them and they will end having "something"

ready in six years :-), I hope they just not release a patch in the middle of the flight ....

Cheers

Knowing that someone associated with MS, AMD or 42 are probably still looking at these boards...It would be great to have a little info on the status of the prizes (hint, hint). :-)

Forget that crap, I'll take the flight instead of the 25,000. All you got to do is wear a shirt that says "Golden Palace.com" and make some more $.

As for the comment about this Rocket plane already flown, it hasnt. The other Contest was called the X-prize and it was for the first privately owned rocket that can reach a certain altitute first and return safely.

Forget that crap, I'll take the flight instead of the 25,000. All you got to do is wear a shirt that says "Golden Palace.com" and make some more $.

He,he, yeah and on the back put "I switched to a Mac", may be some of the

marketing guys at 1 Infinite Loop will be tempted to pay some extra $$ for it.

Cheers

First through Fourth Prize: The remaining potential winners will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to take place on February 1, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). And will be notified by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service within 48 hours of drawing. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and where legal, Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification.

Odds are, if you haven't heard from them by now.. you probably didn't win anything.

I'm wondering if maybe part of the eligibility requirements, is that after they contact the winners, they make them promise not to anounce themselves so that MS/42 can be the first to anounce the winners. They did say that Rocketplane was anouncing the BIG winner on the 12th.

Just a thought.

Hi,

Odds are, if you haven't heard from them by now.. you probably didn't win anything.

OK now we got two options:

1. Nobody from neowin won a prize. But that would be very improbable, because in my opinion about 500 persons from neowin played the game.

2. Some persons from neowin won a prize. But they cannot make that public, because then they would loose the price because they signed some contracts.

3. Another clue! What happened on February 1? Right! The official unification of the three military services of Canada!! You can clearly see the connection between unification and unfiction, don't you? ;)

Greetings,

eXile.

I'm wondering if maybe part of the eligibility requirements, is that after they contact the winners, they make them promise not to anounce themselves so that MS/42 can be the first to anounce the winners. They did say that Rocketplane was anouncing the BIG winner on the 12th.

Just a thought.

maybe, however we do know who won the Meta Prize. I dunno, I'm gradually losing hope of winning anything.

I'm all pins and needles waiting to find out if I won, and also to see how much of the swag goes to Team Neowin. Wish we didn't have to keep waiting. Maybe Monday? Please?

Hi,

OK now we got two options:

1. Nobody from neowin won a prize. But that would be very improbable, because in my opinion about 500 persons from neowin played the game.

2. Some persons from neowin won a prize. But they cannot make that public, because then they would loose the price because they signed some contracts.

3. Another clue! What happened on February 1? Right! The official unification of the three military services of Canada!! You can clearly see the connection between unification and unfiction, don't you? ;)

Greetings,

eXile.

You forgot option 4 ... no one has been contacted about winning a prize yet. From what I've heard about how slow the sweepstakes administrator is, I wouldn't be surpsied if this was the case.

Loki probs selected her self to win it ;)... and then vanished with all the other stuff didnt say how many prizes each person can win did it ;)

Who knows at this rate. But as for the limit of prizes per person, there is one:

Total ARV of all prizes: $500,000. All prize values are listed in U.S. Dollars. Grand Prize travel prize consists of a high-altitude jet flight excursion on the Rocketplane XP Vehicle and round-trip coach airfare from major airport closest to winners home to the Rocketplane Oklahoma Spaceport facility, double-occupancy hotel accommodations and round-trip transfers to/from airport. Any applicable tax on a prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. Specifics of prize package are subject to availability and sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes will be awarded by or U.S. mail and/or international shipping service. Limit: one (1) prize per person.

They forgot about the weekend and of course the admisistrators have to go down the pub on Fri afternoon, who works then hey, the person forgot the post / list of emails and there is a bag full in a pub some place in the US, that has been picked up by a homless guy who used it for fire over the weekend, come Monday some one will get fired from the Admin firm for that one, Oh and of course the 42 servers will be deleted by a trojan over the weekend and all names lost, Microsoft will bail them out by using Hotmail addresses as random, claiming they got the advertising email and so must have signed up, giving them 10 points and so could have won a prize. He He

Guess we will know soon enough, you realy expected anything less than this hey, never happens as planned Good Luck all !