Prizes!

What a bummer! I thought the rules stated winners would be notified within 48 hours of yesterday's drawing.. 36 of which are up. Is it possible that NO ONE on the forums won? That would be unbelievable!! I was pulling onto my street as my UPS guy was driving away.. had a temporary moment of false excitement!!

What a bummer! I thought the rules stated winners would be notified within 48 hours of yesterday's drawing.. 36 of which are up. Is it possible that NO ONE on the forums won? That would be unbelievable!! I was pulling onto my street as my UPS guy was driving away.. had a temporary moment of false excitement!!

Don't get too excited yet, they won't ship you any box before notifying you and after

you certify your eligibiliy, blah, blah, blah ...

Just be patient

I have every confidence that one of you guys will win a prize. So Patience. I was also thinking that they will contact between 9am and 5pm so it may be that they work only 8 hours a day which means that 48 hours will take 6 days!

Long stretch - but at the end we all have to wait.

BTW I was very impressed with the brain power of all who participated. Well done. :D

I have every confidence that one of you guys will win a prize. So Patience. I was also thinking that they will contact between 9am and 5pm so it may be that they work only 8 hours a day which means that 48 hours will take 6 days!

Long stretch - but at the end we all have to wait.

BTW I was very impressed with the brain power of all who participated. Well done. :D

Yup and the whole process may take a month. I don't believe that they will make public

any list until all the winners are notifyied and certified.

So if you get the good news message don't get lazy and return the stuff as soon as

you can to expedite the process.

That's why they say that the list will be posted in March, there is a lot of legalese

involved in this type of contests, is not just instant win.

My .02

Yup and the whole process may take a month. I don't believe that they will make public

any list until all the winners are notifyied and certified.

So if you get the good news message don't get lazy and return the stuff as soon as

you can to expedite the process.

That's why they say that the list will be posted in March, there is a lot of legalese

involved in this type of contests, is not just instant win.

My .02

I hear you there Confusio.. last contest I won involved paperwork back and forth for 2 months.. but it would nice to just HEAR about someone getting some exciting news. Like you for example... I can't even begin to imagine how much time you have in on this game! My son has been hoping against that I'll win an Xbox for him forget the trip to space, LOL. No matter what I feel really lucky that I was able to attend the VIP party and PS my girl friend in her hosted bar exuberance thought I needed an extra t-shirt or two (size large) which i'm thinking of putting on Ebay. If anyone here is interested let me know! and PSS.. thank you SuperRob for convincing my friends that we weren't searching for clues at the party, after that we were finally able to relax and enjoy a bit more ;)

My guess is they are waiting till tomorrow (almost today actually) since all the boxes were unlocked on Saturdays. At least, that's what I hope. The suspense is driving me nuts

I agree with Confusio. I work in a law office as a paralegal, and believe me, stuff like this might take a while. Plus they have other things on their mind. There will be an interview with the creators and directors of the game, maybe after that interview we will know the winners.

They did say that they will post the winners in the beginning of March. Hence they'll be contacting us IN BEGINNING OF MARCH, lol. So worry not, my fellow Neowinians.

I look at it this way....WE'RE ALL ALREADY WINNERS! We cracked those puzzles like a wallnut! They were supposed to be solved 1 week per puzzle box..thats more than half a day per puzzle. Took us probably on average 45seconds-2,3 minutes per puzzle :).....WE ALL WON! :)

Check out this Nigerian 419 Scam I just received. OH well, the subject had me thinking I won, until I read it all! Still kinda funny, think I'll string them along, before I blast off into space. In the meantime, read this scam......BTW, had the header said "VP\Vanishing Point", they might have had me...

MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM

Microsoft Corporation

#1 Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052.

Ref: BTD/968/07

Batch: 409978E.

Dear Lucky winner,

The prestigious Microsoft and AOL has set out and successfully

organised a Sweepstakes marking the new year anniversary, we rolled out over

100,000.000.00 (One Hundred Million Great Britain Pounds) for our new

year Anniversary Draws. Participants for the draws were randomly selected

and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their

patronage.

The selection was made through a computer draw system attaching

personalised email addresses to ticket numbers.

Microsoft and AOL are now the largest Internet companies

and in an effort to make sure that Internet Explorer remains

the most widely used program, Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail

beta test.

Your email address as indicated was drawn and attached to ticket number

008795727498 with serial numbers BTD/9080648302/07 and drew the lucky

numbers 14-21-25-39-40-47(20) which subsequently won you 1,000,000.00

(One Million Nine Hundred Thousand Great Britain Pounds)as one of the

jackpot winners in this draw. You have therefore won the entire winning

sum of 1,000,000.00 (One Million Nine Hundred Thousand Great Britain

Pounds).The draws registered as Draw number one was conducted in Brockley, London United Kingdom on the 2nd of January 2007. These Draws are

commemorative and as such special.

Please be informed by this winning notification, to file your claims,

you are to make contact with your designated agent who shall by duty

guide you through the process to facilitate the release of your prize.

To file for your claim Please Contact your fiduciary agent with your

ticket number, serial numbers and your drew the lucky numbers as

indicated above.

Mr.McCmill Vinc

Microsoft Promotion Award Team

Head Winning Claims Dept.

+44 701 114 9731

Email: (contact_fiduciaryclaimsagent@yahoo.co.uk)

We wish you the best of luck.Thank you for being part of our

promotional award program and commemorative Anniversary Draws.

Sincerely,

Dr.Giggs Walters

Head Customercare Service

Microsoft Promotion Team

NB: Any claim not made before seven (7) working days from date

of notification indicate that the winner has voluntarily forfeited

his/her winnings

Check out this Nigerian 419 Scam I just received. OH well, the subject had me thinking I won, until I read it all! Still kinda funny, think I'll string them along, before I blast off into space. In the meantime, read this scam......BTW, had the header said "VP\Vanishing Point", they might have had me...

MICROSOFT AWARD TEAM

Microsoft Corporation

#1 Microsoft Way Redmond, WA 98052.

Ref: BTD/968/07

Batch: 409978E.

Dear Lucky winner,

The prestigious Microsoft and AOL has set out and successfully

organised a Sweepstakes marking the new year anniversary, we rolled out over

100,000.000.00 (One Hundred Million Great Britain Pounds) for our new

year Anniversary Draws. Participants for the draws were randomly selected

and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their

patronage.

Man, bad timing. Raising your hopes up and dashing them just as quickly...

I got some BS that had subject line Microsoft Vista Ultimate....looked at the from line and it was from blah blah@ I hate the others.com....

Well for about 5 seconds, my heart got a workout. Also, my kid doesnt care if I win anything or not BUT my husband wants me to win the X-Box...LOL

Oh and not as after thought but just because I am plain forget ful....WTG AUTTER21!!! I hope to hear about more of the forum members getting pulled in the lucky draw (and of course hope I am one).

as an afterthought, not getting information about the winners only keeps you just as interested AND TALKING ABOUT THE GAME, HENCE THE MARKETING is still happenning...so I am sure they are in no real hurry

(still keeping my fingers crossed and got my computer up and running and email open)

Edited by kackles

I am perhaps a bit late in doing so, but I wanted to add my congratulations to the already heaping pile gathering at Autter's feet!

Quite a hard-won victory, and I must say that it reflects well on those here at Neowin that at every step of the way, no one seemed gripped by selfish motives that all too easily could have struck, but rather helped one another out, giving hints, floating theories, etc.

Despite the fact that this was a competition, I believe that this brilliant group of people here, who selflessly offered assistance in solving a puzzle that, by its very nature, could only reward one, demonstrated themselves to be more deserving of accolades and prizes than any one person, motivated only by personal interest, could hope to be.

Congratulations again to Autter, but I hasten to add that everyone who contributed here - some with great breakthroughs, others with smaller clarifications or hints, but all with a common purpose - deserves warm congratulations, as well.

You should all be proud to have been such an integral part of this - though I am not in any great respect a full-fledged, long-time member of these forums, I know that I am.

Brian

I hear you there Confusio.. last contest I won involved paperwork back and forth for 2 months.. but it would nice to just HEAR about someone getting some exciting news. Like you for example... I can't even begin to imagine how much time you have in on this game! My son has been hoping against that I'll win an Xbox for him forget the trip to space, LOL. No matter what I feel really lucky that I was able to attend the VIP party and PS my girl friend in her hosted bar exuberance thought I needed an extra t-shirt or two (size large) which i'm thinking of putting on Ebay. If anyone here is interested let me know! and PSS.. thank you SuperRob for convincing my friends that we weren't searching for clues at the party, after that we were finally able to relax and enjoy a bit more ;)

It was great meeting you and your girlfriend, Tracer! Happy that I could help you guys get into the spirit ... or should I say, get into the spirits! :)

By the way, if anyone wants to see what a SuperRob processor might have looked like if I had one, GearLive has a pretty funny take on it. My buddy Andru talked me into doing an interview or two during the party, and ... well ... won't ruit it for you.

http://www.bleedingedgetv.com/index.php/vi...g-point-finale/