Prizes!

Why do you say that?

Thats the number for the controllers that call you from Marden_Kane. It will come up blocked on the notification call though then for future contact they have with you afterwards, IE paperwork, faxes, waivers etc, it will be unblocked.

I have dealt with them on numerous occasions for my wins on Treasure Hunter and 2 wins on Gold Rush

I found this little nugget, so today is the day or "about" the day! :blink:

Prizes will be awarded on or about February 2, 2007 after the January 30, 2007 deadline for earning points, and the grand prize winner will be publicly announced a couple of weeks later. Once the final points are calculated, a random drawing will determine who the prize winners are, and which prizes they will receive. For complete details click here.

I found this little nugget, so today is the day or "about" the day! :blink:

. . .

Edit: nv, found in the FAQ

So, what does awarded mean? Does that mean receipt of prizes or allotment of the prizes?

Edited by matthewlefflercomputer

Check your REAL mailbox too because 1st thru 4th prize winners may not be contacted through email...read below...

First through Fourth Prize: The remaining potential winners will be selected from all eligible entries received in a random drawing to take place on February 1, 2007 at 10:00 a.m. (ET). And will be notified by e-mail and/or U.S. Mail or overnight delivery service within 48 hours of drawing. Winners may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and where legal, Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of issuance of notification.

Congrats autter211!

Sorry, but I seem to have missed this part. How did they inform you that you won?

See the "Great work everyone..." pinned thread.

Sorry autter, getting a little loopy here,,,, to much coffie maybe.

No problem

Autter,

I was one of the folks that didn't believe Brilo - so sorry about that and congrats.

One one question. Brilo said you entered your answer on Sunday. How did you arrive at that one Sunday? We didn't even really figure out the Hardee location until Monday. Did you "luck" into the Ivy answer on Sunday? Brilo said you guys wern't sure, so he entered Ida and you entered Ivy.

Thanks in advance for you answers.

sickboy

autter211,

I was thinking about your prize, and if I were you I'd buy the domain name for your name (YOURNAMEHERE.com) and host a little site about the prize. You could even link off to your favorite sites (cough cough... neowin) and have ads. If you are in the web business at all that would be useful for you to promote stuff. Then when you get to put your name on the chip, just have them put a ".com" at the end. That will drive some traffic to your site. You can also post about your site here and elsewhere... maybe even do a press release about your winning.

They say the prize has no cash value, but you could work it into some money or at least fame for a bit.

Enjoy, and congrats!

Beware of a fake email notification.

I just recieved an email subject: MS PRIZE AWARD NOTIFICATION from: AWARD DEPARTMENT MICROSOFT CORPORATION WORLD LOTTERY

Bogus of course, but interesting timing.

autter211,

I was thinking about your prize, and if I were you I'd buy the domain name for your name (YOURNAMEHERE.com) and host a little site about the prize. You could even link off to your favorite sites (cough cough... neowin) and have ads. If you are in the web business at all that would be useful for you to promote stuff. Then when you get to put your name on the chip, just have them put a ".com" at the end. That will drive some traffic to your site. You can also post about your site here and elsewhere... maybe even do a press release about your winning.

They say the prize has no cash value, but you could work it into some money or at least fame for a bit.

Enjoy, and congrats!

That's a good idea.

Maybe you can go on some talk shows. Like maybe Jimmy Kimmel Live. You better get an agent.

even better make a site with info on you seeling the prize to the highest bidder.. tell them they can put there site on the chip.. make a reserve of a few ?????.. make more money that way.. and when you get highest bigger say ok ill knock some money off if you link my site to yours.. and put some banners on the site you had the prize one and make some new catagorys and stuff... that way money from ads.. money from prize.. and free advertising for your :)lf :)