• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC 2007

Scirwode    18
"If they continue to consider support the Mac Mini that is"

I hope they do, that little fellow has quite grown on me.

Scirwode

Chicane-UK    675

Looking forward to this today! Will either be listening to one of the audio streams (which i'm sure will get hosed before they even get going) or reading the updates on MacRumors! Can't wait to hear (and SEE!) Leopard!

saxondale.    15

UK time? 3pm is it?

Jordan Green    2

Nahh 6PM coz its GMT -8 i think anyways.

Im looking forward to it i wanna see what they have added into leopard and then hopefully new iMacs.

saxondale.    15

Oh well thats great, i start work at 6 :(

osirisX    2

Have fun with the keynote guys. I'll be sound asleep :/

M.F.D.K    18
Oh well thats great, i start work at 6 :(

I'm sure you can watch it later on it will be uploaded onto world wide web :yes:

or give me your workplace number and i will tell them that your not feeling well :D

Jordan Green    2

ohhh i will haha! :p

jackwanders    0

Interesting, but even if it's mostly accurate, i'd say it's fake. The whole "iphone@home" thing seems completely out of left field. And 30GB of flash memory?

KeR    84

Bring on Leopard, thats the only thing I care about...I don't need new hardware for a while.

Southern Patriot    941
I hope they do, that little fellow has quite grown on me.

I think people have been paying too much attention to the speculation that the mini is going to be discontinued. The only systems that Apple is dropping support for in Leopard are the G3's.

Spielo    0
Good, some maturity from Apple is welcome. But, honestly, I think they shut up for a short while after Leopard was delayed itself.

I agree it's nice to see Apple focus on their own work rather than making comments about what others are doing, but seeing as Apple designed Tiger to be their "Vista beater", I don't really think that the Leopard delay is so relevant...

I'm very eager to see what Apple has in store for my next OS though. There isn't an awful lot I'd change in Tiger, and from what I've seen from Leopard alphas, most of that seems to have already been changed. Simpler/more powerful support for Windows shares was high on my wish list as I live in a flat that has 7 Windows machines and only 2 Macs on the network. I've seen a couple of screenshots of Leopard with a Sharepoints-esque dialog box for creating shares, and I'm really hoping that I won't have to individually mount shared folders to access them in Leopard.

Scirwode    18
I think people have been paying too much attention to the speculation that the mini is going to be discontinued. The only systems that Apple is dropping support for in Leopard are the G3's.

Well, I hope so as that will certainly be helpful. A friend of mine who just recently lost his notebook is looking to pick up a Mini but is afraid that it might be outdated pretty much soon, he doesn't want to rush into his purchase. Considering we all use Maya, LightWave 3D 8.0, Adobe CS3 and all that, our machines have to be powerful.

Scirwode

StandingInAlley    60

I am hoping they upgrade Mac Mini's, they are the cheapest Macs in India and yes! the high end mac mini costs about 1000$

so u can well imagine how expensive Macs are in India

Scirwode    18
I am hoping they upgrade Mac Mini's, they are the cheapest Macs in India and yes! the high end mac mini costs about 1000$

so u can well imagine how expensive Macs are in India

The Mac Mini here is about RM3299 but I got mine for RM2999. The Macbook Pro is about RM8000 or so and for that price and I could get two good notebooks or three good desktops! Wish they were a bit cheaper and that there are student rebates :cry: :angry: .

Scirwode

chrisgeleven    0

Can't wait for today. Just over a hour and a half to go...

Jordan Green    2

1181575706.jpg

ANother clearer shot of the covered banner :p

1181575742.jpg

Not long now 25mins :)

saxondale.    15

Starts in 30mins :D but i have work in 30 mins :(

Anyone care to text me updates?

pad    0

Will this thread have updates?

saxondale.    15

hmm yeah but i think most would advise you to go to places like MacRumors for more updated information

http://www.macrumorslive.com/

Jordan Green    2

Yea ill be on macrumours then hopefully apple will upload the video later on tonight :)

They have taken seats :p

saxondale.    15

Oh i go in a min, anyone care to text me :( jordy...

crazzyyfool    29

The Apple Stores are still up. Don't they get taken off-line shortly?