• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC 2007

mycoolkim    30

Ive waited almost a year for the new iMacs, if i dont get it then, screw macs XD, too much pressure on me :(

.Neo    1,834

You've been waiting almost a year for new iMacs, yet the last update was eight months ago? ;)

Eagle101    0

Does anyone know 200% that there will be Macbook pro updates. If you work at Apple or/and are related to Steve Jobs, please tell us if there will be an Macbook Pro update. I CANT WAITTTT!!! ahahaha lol. Thanks

-Eagle101

brandon.mat    0
Does anyone know 200% that there will be Macbook pro updates. If you work at Apple or/and are related to Steve Jobs, please tell us if there will be an Macbook Pro update. I CANT WAITTTT!!! ahahaha lol. Thanks

-Eagle101

I'm not sure it's been confirmed but seeing as the macbooks were just updated and still no lcd's being used, I would assume those are being saved for the pro's, also the Santa Rosa chipset should be soon coming to the macs, which would increase front side bus speeds, and some other snazzy things. Another thing to note is that the highest end macbook is exactly the same as the low end macbook pro in all aspects except screen size and graphics card, and the price difference is not well worth that, therefore I would assume a macbook pro update is just on the horizon.

.Neo    1,834

-Eagle101

http://www.thinksecret.com/

http://www.appleinsider.com/

http://www.macrumors.com/

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/

You can stop asking about those MacBook Pro updates now. (Y) ;)

PyX    140

Heh. Even I predicted that in the middle of MacBook releases and the WWDC 07, we'd have new MBPs.

Eagle101    0

Ok Ok, so who believes (or knows) that tomorrow, Tuesday June 5th, new Macbook Pros will be available. Come on people, what does everyone think?

Tuesday or WWDC or October

Thanks,

-Eagle101

sundayx    127

Me thinks so, thought I doubt it is true.

qinwarrior    0

We will know by tomorrow if MBP get an update or not.

Quillz    1,011

I'd love to see a cheaper MacBook Pro, though I doubt the price point will actually decrease. More likely, the same price will simply net you a better MBP.

Eagle101    0
We will know by tomorrow if MBP get an update or not.

For real?

-Eagle101

NeoXY    7
For real?

-Eagle101

If not, WWDC FOR SURE

oh...don't hold your breath for the 13'

Edited by NeoXY

Eagle101    0

Did anyone speak to Mr. Steve Jobs or to any one that is close to Apple to confirm if tomorrow will be any new Macbook Pros? lol

-Eagle101

NeoXY    7

The rumor is from a french Apple store saying that they have ordered new MacBook Pros without knowing its new specs. Also, there is a huge refurbish stock on Apple's website right now for current gen MacBook Pro, and lastly, the rational for launching the new MacBook Pros is because Apple want to be in time with the "Back to school sales"

Pretty convincing. I'm pretty sure new OLED LCD/Santa Rose MacBook Pros will get pushed out twml.

Eagle101    0
The rumor is from a french Apple store saying that they have ordered new MacBook Pros without knowing its new specs. Also, there is a huge refurbish stock on Apple's website right now for current gen MacBook Pro, and lastly, the rational for launching the new MacBook Pros is because Apple want to be in time with the "Back to school sales"

Pretty convincing. I'm pretty sure new OLED LCD/Santa Rose MacBook Pros will get pushed out twml.

Huge refurbish stock on Apple's website right now for current gen Macbook Pro

I just searched the outlet store on Apples website, and couldn't even find 1 refurbished current gen Macbook Pro...thats funny because that could mean that the update is coming tomorrow morning so they cleared everything. I might be wrong.

-Eagle101

sundayx    127

Why speculate when its only less than 12 hours away. Just wait and see...

Eagle101    0
Why speculate when its only less than 12 hours away. Just wait and see...

I cant wait. I will go right now to ask my brother to knock me out so when i wake up tomorrow i will know for sure.

giga    45

Wait what 12 hours away? I thought it starts June 11th?

Eagle101    0
Wait what 12 hours away? I thought it starts June 11th?

Well, there have been so many rumors around noting that tomorrow morning we will be seeing Macbook Pro updates since the "Back to School" program will start in a few days. If they wait 'til 11th, then they will have to change the specs in the advertisements.

You never know.

-Eagle101

kizzaaa    13

I'm keen on a new iPod.

giga    45
I'm keen on a new iPod.

Pretty much. Sure the iPhone looks swell but 8GB is paltry. Give me that interface with an 80GB HDD and then we can talk.

Jordan Green    2

i want a new iMac the 20" with santa rosa in it!

KeR    82

Here is a prediction, I am going to make about the iPhone...at WWDC they will announce that the iPhone has been upgraded to 3G. Sort of like they did with the originally announcment of the first MacBook Pro and that it was going to be 1.83GHz but then when they shipped them it was raised to 2.0GHz.

Quillz    1,011
Here is a prediction, I am going to make about the iPhone...at WWDC they will announce that the iPhone has been upgraded to 3G. Sort of like they did with the originally announcment of the first MacBook Pro and that it was going to be 1.83GHz but then when they shipped them it was raised to 2.0GHz.

But increasing the speed of the same processor is relatively easy... You can't just "upgrade" a phone from 2G to 3G over the course of a week. You'd have to build an entirely new phone. Not only does 3G run on a completely different band from 2G, but it also has different receivers, different construction, etc.

Vice    1,593
But increasing the speed of the same processor is relatively easy... You can't just "upgrade" a phone from 2G to 3G over the course of a week. You'd have to build an entirely new phone. Not only does 3G run on a completely different band from 2G, but it also has different receivers, different construction, etc.

I think it's still possible. Apple is all smoke and mirrors for all we know it was always going to be 3G we just don't know a lot about it apart from what they wanted to tell us.