WWDC 2007

Well at college for example we have a lot of computers that don't have the GPU to handle Core Image. But thus far they upgraded them all to Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and they probably will to Mac OS X Leopard as well. Would be interesting to see if they can pull it off. :p

Well, Core Image will run on just about anything, and effects it cant run it hardware are marked as such, so written well a Core Image app will run normally anywhere somebody tries to run it (by well written, i mean not assuming the hardware can handle an effect, and if so not using it, look at Dashboard for an example of that).

OMG no, 10 am PDT... I'll die tomorrow! I'll have just one hour to look at the stuff that's happening, after that I'm probably scheduled to work! Oh well, at least the stream will probably be available and faster when I come back!

I wonder if Apple will release any hardware that are "Leopard capable?"

Since Leopard isn't coming out till October if you are in no hurry why would you buy hardware now that may or may not work with Leopard. I remember when I purchased my G4 Mac Mini, in 1.5 months later they released Tiger and change the specifications to the Mac Mini. Now my G4 Mac Mini uses Tiger but I don't have all of the features.

So it would suck that all hardware sold by Apple now would be incapable of using the full utilization of Leopard. Especially if they are switching to ZFS or whatever it's called. Can Tiger convert to ZFS? Guess we have to wait and see in another 24 hours or so.

Can't wait for tomorrow!

I am looking forward to WWDC because MacWorld 2007 was hugely disappointing in that there was absolutely no talk about Mac computers. :(

I wonder if Apple will release any hardware that are "Leopard capable?"

Since Leopard isn't coming out till October if you are in no hurry why would you buy hardware now that may or may not work with Leopard. I remember when I purchased my G4 Mac Mini, in 1.5 months later they released Tiger and change the specifications to the Mac Mini. Now my G4 Mac Mini uses Tiger but I don't have all of the features.

It's safe to say that all Intel Macs will be 100% Mac OS X Leopard capable. Unless Apple decides to go 64-bit only that is.

If they went 64-bit only I would be quite upset at putting 2K into my current laptop. I obviously know they would not do that as at WWDC last year they spoke about the 32/64 universal API's etc but still had to be said.

Now my G4 Mac Mini uses Tiger but I don't have all of the features.

There is ONE feature of Tiger that your Mac mini isn't capable of using, Core Image. Very few things take advantage of it, so you really aren't missing anything.

There is ONE feature of Tiger that your Mac mini isn't capable of using, Core Image. Very few things take advantage of it, so you really aren't missing anything.

Yea, thanks I knew it was something. I know it is a small thing but still a feature that is missing. And from my understanding Leopard would be more animation "intense" so I haven't upgraded yet to the Intel Macs.

This might all change with Mac OS X Leopard of course.