• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

WWDC 2007

PyX    140

Steve Jobs must have had a lot of pression when he saw that he was scheduled for a 3 hours long presentation when he had nothing else to say after 1 hour and a half :p

PL_    19

42 days...I really hope for a decent new iPod, it's been almost 2 years since an upgrade! (that tiny one didn't count)

PyX    140

They'll most likely add all that iTouchMyScreen iPhone technology to the iPod... it would help explaining a delay about Leopard, because if they work on an OS and interface for the iPhone, well they also work on one for the iPod (more or less...)

Southern Patriot    937
42 days...I really hope for a decent new iPod, it's been almost 2 years since an upgrade! (that tiny one didn't count)

iPods don't generally get updated at WWDC, it is a developer's conference. I'd expect it to be 75% about the features of Leopard, and 25% about new features of Xcode.

PL_    19
iPods don't generally get updated at WWDC, it is a developer's conference. I'd expect it to be 75% about the features of Leopard, and 25% about new features of Xcode.

Damn...so when can we expect a new iPod? :(

.Neo    1,834

Maybe around August during the Paris Expo.

PL_    19

August! That sucks! It's been 1 and a half years since the video came out, I'm holding on for the 6G to replace my Zune as soon as I can.

Damn. Looking at the iPod release history, I would have thought a spring/summer release wouldn't be too much to ask for. I don't really want to get the current iPod video, as I know it's about to be replaced. Oh, the worries of modern life :(

giga    45

Well we never really know. Apple usually holds special events for consumer releases.

PL_    19

Apple have very odd ways of announcing products. Like the whole "I'm announcing it now, and you can buy it right...nnnnnow!" instead of hyping up the product to a launch date. I'm thinking of the Shuffle here. Maybe it's different for others.

I would have thought they would pack as much as possible into the official shows...I'm new to Apple, though, so I guess not :)

osirisX    2

Apple doesn't need to hype up products to a launch date. The Apple community does it for them. Look at all the hype and rumours for the iPhone before it was shown off. Every second day there was a "OMG PATENT PICTURES PROVE IPHONE!" or "HERE IS A PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGE I FOUND ON THE NET! THE IPHONE IS REAL!!!!" Yes the iPhone was shown off 6 months before release, but that was because they needed FCC clearance and didn't want anyone but Steve to present the iPhone for the first time.

PL_    19

It fascinates me, the whole culture around Apple...it's like word of mouth taken to a scarily new level. They must have some great people in marketing :|

Eagle101    0

Does anyone out there think and believe that there will be new Macbook Pro's at the WWDC.

Thanks,

-Eagle101

SnowRanger13    27

I'm sure the Macbook Pro's will be updated soon, with the Macbook just updated the price difference between the two is hard to make justice for.

[idkfa]    0

Yay for iMac upgrades. I'm waiting for a new 24" to replace my just-sold Mac mini with.

.Neo    1,834

Can't wait to kick that damn eMac of mine out the door and replace it with a 24" iMac! :pinch:

Eagle101    0

But..But...But.....what about new Macbook Pros? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

-Eagle101

PyX    140

Heh.. I thought we'd see an upgrade of that like.. next Tuesday, or in end of June

thetman    0

im hoping for a mobile geforce 8x00 chip in the 15" mbp, i guess either the 8600 or 8500 i think they are both soon to be available in mobile form.

KeR    82

I'll say it once again, I really want to see what Leopard has to offer with these "secret" features...everything else; such as the release of new hardware is just a bonus.

Rudy    457

i'm waiting for leopard and 24" imac......can't wait for those two

.Neo    1,834
i'm waiting for leopard and 24" imac......can't wait for those two

+1

If it turns out that those new iMacs hit the market before Mac OS X Leopard does, I don't think I'll wait though.

misecia    0

it'll probably be leopard, iphone and new greener redesigned imac and macbook pro updates

.Neo    1,834

Well we know for sure Apple will be previewing a feature complete Mac OS X Leopard beta. The rest is just anyone's guess.