WWDC 2007

I would assume and with confidence that the new iMacs would be mini towers... this leaves Apple with a lot of headroom for monitor options, especially new cinema displays coming anytime, and option for substitution of the Mac Mini. This is a great strategy for Apple.

I would assume and with confidence that the new iMacs would be mini towers... this leaves Apple with a lot of headroom for monitor options, especially new cinema displays coming anytime, and option for substitution of the Mac Mini. This is a great strategy for Apple.

The iMac sells much too well as an all-in-one solution to trash it. No way does Apple replace it with a headless mini tower.

The iMac has always been Apple's all-in-one desktop model. I don't see that change any time soon.

More iPhone details for sure

Brushed aluminum iMac's casing

Death of the Mac mini

Perhaps an ability to run windows applications without installing Windows as one of the secret features

New APIs for developers

Death of the Mac mini

I hope not... The mini may be a little bit underpowered, but it's much needed. Looking at my desk, I don't need another big computer with LCD (iMac), I've got all that here. Just a plain, better Mac mini is all I need.

A mid-tower mac would be nice but i really doubt it will happen.....in that case maybe i would get that and a 30" ACD instead of a 24" imac :p

Oh boo, no more vista dissing on the banners.

Good, some maturity from Apple is welcome. But, honestly, I think they shut up for a short while after Leopard was delayed itself.

That is a strange slogan indeed. Maybe they have been working on some kind of GPU or other optimisation techniques?

Or maybe just a general term of how Leopard is going to be so darn advanced and cool that it takes all other apps with it on its "rocket ride" of success.

I think they're mainly talking about Core Animation. It's supposed turbo boost your app's UI. Pretty much what we're discussing in the Animations on Leopard thread.

Btw, I have the distinct feeling that Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger will be pretty much the final destination for all Macs that don't support Core Animation. I mean, look at how poorly Time Machine performs on those machines.

What Macs do/don't support Core Animation?

Most PPC Macs that predate Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. And basically (if not) every PPC-based Mac mini.

I'd guess Core Animation just needs OpenGL with Pixel Shaders 2.0?

But beyond that Speed would play a part no doubt. Glad I have an Intel mac to handle all the effects.

The Apple Developer site states that "Core Animation is integrated with Core Image". So that means that Macs not capable of displaying the Dashboard ripple effect aren't capable of running Core Animation either?

It will probably disabled or something. The site also states that the animations are running on an entirely independent layer. If you strip that layer from your application everything will continue to function all the same, just minus the pretty effects. At least that's what I make of it.

Neat stuff.

http://developer.apple.com/leopard/overview/apptech.html

Edited by .Neo