Satisfied Vista Users

^^ I have just started using that Downloads folder as my Desktop was always so full of stuff I was yet to install or look at etc.

Very good addition I'd say :D

^^ I have just started using that Downloads folder as my Desktop was always so full of stuff I was yet to install or look at etc.

Very good addition I'd say :D

That is something I've had to set up *by hand* in Windows XP (not only on my own PC, but whenever I built or worked on one); that is one thing I am glad I no longer have to do! (Vista's installer automagically sets one up as part of the default folder list for each user; this is the case in every version from Home Basic to Ultimate. Now why couldn't Windows NT 4 have done that?)

Why am I picking on NT 4? Simple; NT 4 (especially Workstation) was the first truly Internet-friendly Microsoft operating system (despite Windows 95 being the launch point for Internet Explorer, it was NT4WS that really had both the tools *and* the stability to put the Internet to use right out of the box) as a client. (In fact, most of the Internet-related add-ins that Microsoft included with Windows 95's Service Release 2, including the Winsock2 TCP/IP stack improvements, were originally written for NT4WS.)