[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

Spurs have agreed a fee for Gareth Bale...

Very good buy for them if they get him.

Yeah that would be an amazing buy I am really surprised Man Utd never tried hard to get him....

Distin gone to Portsmouth...

Spurs have agreed a fee for Gareth Bale...

Very good buy for them if they get him.

Skysports Says its not done yet...

Southampton have denied reports suggesting Tottenham have agreed a deal for prodigious left-back Gareth Bale.

Spurs are long-term admirers of the 17-year-old Welshman, who is highly sought after by much of the Premiership.

Manchester United, in particular, have been mooted as a possible destination for Bale, but Spurs were claimed to have made the first, decisive move.

Bale is still short of 50 appearances for Saints but has consistently caught the eye, not least with his prowess from a dead ball, and at 16 years and 315 days became the youngest player to represent Wales against Trinidad & Tobago last May.

Reports this week suggested Saints have become resigned to Bale's exit after missing out on promotion to the Premiership via the play-offs.

Agreed! But where would he go?

We've got Eboue, Gallas, Toure, Clichy, Senderos, Djourou, Hoyte, Connolly and Traore. Though admittedly if the first four get injured, we may be a bit buggered!

If we're lucky with injuries next season, I don't think we really need that many new players (buy Ribery? ?_?) as our 2 main strikers were injured this season and we've been creating loads of chances.

Yes I agree. We need someone just to convert the chances as we make many chances. I don't think Wenger will buy Ribery.

Anyways... do you think the New Polish Keeper that we bought will get much first team experience this coming season?

Yes I agree. We need someone just to convert the chances as we make many chances. I don't think Wenger will buy Ribery.

Anyways... do you think the New Polish Keeper that we bought will get much first team experience this coming season?

Chances are he will be loaned out...you have a few keepers now?...that Italian Mannone or something, Lehman, Poom and him...thats a fair few...

Muntari closer to Pompey...

Udinese general manager Roberto Zanzi has confirmed Sulley Muntari has moved a step closer to joining Portsmouth.

The Italians have been in advanced talks with the Fratton Park club over the sale of the Ghanaian midfielder.

Muntari has now been given permission to discuss personal terms after an undisclosed fee was agreed between the two sides.

Portsmouth are believed to be willing to pay a club record ?7million for the 22-year-old, who has been a long-term target of Harry Redknapp.

Muntari has travelled to England for further talks with Pompey officials and wrap up his move to the Premiership.

"We have been negotiating with Portsmouth for the permanent transfer of Sulley Muntari to the English club," Zanzi said.

"The negotiations have advanced and we have allowed the player to go to England to discuss his personal terms."

WEEEEEEEE

It's great we are getting all these players. But we have to be quick and get a stadium sorted out, we can't fund players from the current ticket sales of fratton park.

Supposedly Gonzalez for Liverpool have agreed a transfer deal with Real Betis.

Shame I think he is a good player and Liverpool stuck by him when he didn't have a work permit....

Looks like Bale is confirmed now saw it of Meridian Tonight (Local News) and Baptista not signing a permanent deal with Arsenal...thats a shame he's a strong player...

I am pleased to see Rafa being decisive in the transfer market. We spent a lot of time in effort trying to bring in Gonzalez (work permit, cruciate ligament knee injury etc), and I honestly thought he would be a great signing for us. He has not made the grade...so will be shipped on. Good luck to the lad, he is a good player but England is just not for him.

Rafa can afford to be a bit more aggressive in the transfer market now because he no longer has to make ?20 million stretch over six players. He can buy players we need to improve our first XI, not just our squad depth.

Pompey signed another this time its Hreidarsson....

On a plus side Yossi has signed a new 5 year contract with West Ham :D

Spurs got Gareth Bale...I can see him having a very long and successful career. Shame he is not English!

Tottenham have completed the signing of Southampton full-back Gareth Bale for a fee that could rise to ?10million.

Southampton will receive an immediate payment of ?5million, with further conditional payments up to a total additional consideration of ?5million.

The 17-year-old Wales international has enjoyed a fine campaign on the South Coast but following Southampton's play-off defeat at the semi-final stage, Bale has elected to step-up to the Premiership by moving to White Hart Lane.

Bale, who was tracked by several of the country's biggest clubs before plumping for Spurs, is looking to the future with understandable excitement.

"I am just excited to be coming to a big club, a massive club like Tottenham," Bale told the club's official website.

"I want to play in the Premiership, Tottenham is a club pushing forward and I want to be part of its future."

Tottenham's Sporting Director Damien Comolli believes Bale has all the attributes to quickly establish himself as a regular in Martin Jol's first team.

"We have been following Gareth for a long time now and have been very tenacious, so we are absolutely delighted to get him here," said Comolli.

"He is a player of great quality and, as we always say, our aim in each window is to improve the quality of the squad.

"Gareth has great physical attributes, he is tall, good in the air and has a fantastic left foot. He is very good on set pieces, he is clever on the ball and his passing selection is excellent.

"He has the ideal combination to become a top, top player and he is only 17."

Yeah a great signing for Spurs...he's already pretty amazing imagine when he's like 25 odd :D

Skysports.com can reveal West Ham star Nigel Reo-Coker has handed in a transfer request.

The Hammers skipper has decided to ask for a transfer after a meeting with the club to discuss his future.

Reo-Coker, who helped the club achieve Premiership survival against all the odds, has decided to move for pastures new after he was not given the right assurances over his future by the club's board.

The dynamic midfielder's advisor Tony Finnigan confirmed Reo-Coker had handed in the transfer request and he expressed his surprise that West Ham were willing to let the player leave Upton Park.

"I can confirm that Nigel Reo-Coker has officially handed in a transfer request with West Ham United football club," Finnigan told skysports.com

"Nigel hopes his future will be resolved in the next few weeks.

" I am surprised that a 22-year-old Londoner who is captain of his club is being allowed to leave.

"As I said on Sky Sports in January, Nigel would get his head down and work to keep West Ham in the Premiership.

"And that is exactly what he did with 100 per cent commitment.

"At the end of the day he never felt wanted but I am sure he will have a bright future elsewhere."

Good news for West Ham I would say. He is overated and is to big for his boots.

Good news for West Ham I would say. He is overated and is to big for his boots.

Knew it was coming and I am pleased...:)

Muntari is signed sealed and delivered...

Portsmouth have completed the signing of Ghana midfielder Sulley Muntari for a new club record fee.

Muntari, 22, has joined from Italian side Udinese on a five-year deal, with the deal thought to be worth about ?7m.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp said: "We tried to get him in the last two transfer windows but Udinese didn't want to sell so we are delighted.

"He's got a great left-foot, has great energy, with the ability to run all day and he is a good passer of the ball."

Muntari is the third player to arrive at Fratton Park this summer following the deals for Sylvain Distin and Hermann Hreidarsson.

Redknapp added: "I first saw Muntari at the World Cup against Brazil and he was the best player on the pitch.

"I've watched him three times since and he has been very impressive.

"Ghana have one of the best midfields in the world and he is a regular fixture in their side. He is a player with a big future."

Sky Sports News understands West Ham have tabled an ?8.5million bid for Newcastle captain Scott Parker.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is believed to be willing to let Parker move on as he looks to raise money for his own transfer plans.

West Ham chief Alan Curbishley is keen to sign Parker as he is a big fan of the England international from their time together at Charlton.

Parker, who is currently recovering from a hernia operation, endured a difficult season at Newcastle last term after coming in for some criticism from his own fans.

Curbishley is in the market for a new midfielder with Nigel Reo-Coker expected to move on after handing in a transfer request.

Newcastle are believed to be lining up a move for Manchester City star Joey Barton as a possible replacement for Parker should he leave St James' Park.

Parker to West Ham? Barton to Newcastle? Reo-Coker to Man City?Diao to Man Utd?>

Yep just this second blogged/read it and think its a great signing if it does go through...:D

Manchester United have agreed deals to sign Sporting Lisbon's Nani and Porto starlet Anderson.

The midfield duo are regarded as two of the best young talents in Europe and they have been chased by several of Europe's top clubs.

However, United have stolen a march on their rivals by luring the pair to Old Trafford.

United chief executive David Gill and assistant manager Carlos Queiroz flew to Lisbon on Wednesday to hold talks with Sporting regarding Portuguese international Nani and they have quickly agreed a move for the exciting winger.

Nani is highly-rated in Portugal and has been likened to current United star Cristiano Ronaldo.

Tottenham have been credited with an interest in Nani, but United have won the race for his signature.

Brazilian ace Anderson has been widely dubbed 'the new Ronaldinho'.

Anderson has enjoyed a successful season with Porto, helping them win the Portuguese championship.

The 19-year-old has attracted the interest of a host of clubs including Chelsea and Barcelona, but United have agreed an undisclosed fee with Porto for the exciting midfielder.

Both players have agreed personal terms with United and they are due to have a medicals at the club in the near future.

A United statement read: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

"Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed."

Should the duo tie up the minor details of the moves they will become United's first signings of the summer.

This is dreadul news for non Man Utd fans :(

Nah I don't think so. I think it is for him to get settled here in England for when Lehmann leaves at the end of next season. He probably will be tried out in the Carling Cup, FA Cup and whatnot. Feel sorry for Almunia as I've always thought he was a good sucessor to Lehmann.. when he doesn't **** up :p

Arsenal will probably buy a unknown youngster who will turn out to be the next Franz Beckenbauer!!!!