[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

Wow those are 2 awesome players to sign...I know Manyoo wanted to sign some good players but those 2 are amazing talents!!!

Man Utd have spent ~ ?48 million already this summer.

With the amount of money Prem teams will be spending this summer...I can just see English clubs dominating European football over the coming years.

Man Utd have spent ~ ?48 million already this summer.

With the amount of money Prem teams will be spending this summer...I can just see English clubs dominating European football over the coming years.

Yeah its crazy money now...I always thought the ?40m Italian teams or Spanish teams got was mad but as you said the signings the British teams are making could be CL finalists and champions for years to come...I think Man Utd might stop now tho they need a striker...Eto'o or Villa? or Tevez?.:laugh:h:

Yeah its crazy money now...I always thought the ?40m Italian teams or Spanish teams got was mad but as you said the signings the British teams are making could be CL finalists and champions for years to come...I think Man Utd might stop now tho they need a striker...Eto'o or Villa? or Tevez?...:laugh::

Thing is, man u buy expensive players, but they also sell expensive players, if they offload some of the unfavourable players, say 4 players will prob get almost 20million back i would think

Thing is, man u buy expensive players, but they also sell expensive players, if they offload some of the unfavourable players, say 4 players will prob get almost 20million back i would think

I think they need to clear some of their players out to cater for these 2 rising stars plus can they get work permit for Anderson he is quite young?...if not off to Antwerp he goes...

Utd have confirmed Hargreaves now for around ?17m...?48m in the summer so far...no chance for anyone else reall:laugh:h:

?7m for Scott Parker for West H:) :)

Wow those are 2 awesome players to sign...I know Manyoo wanted to sign some good players but those 2 are amazing talents!!!

Do you play champ by any chance?

He does.

So do I, it is going to be my excuse for not getting into Uni this summer it is that addicting :(

lol, I thought so. It seems everyone I know that is really excited about the signings, also plays a ton of champ. No surprise. ;)

He does.

So do I, it is going to be my excuse for not getting into Uni this summer it is that addicting :(

:laugh: I can just see it now...why didn't you get into Uni?...because I wanted to be Wigan ;)

Yeah I play when I have it installed Martyn has been bugging me to get it installed so I can play him but I keep forgetting I will get round to it eventually plus I have my 7 year save game to resume...go Sevilla!!! :D

Chelsea spending so much...i.e nothing...

Chelsea have completed the signing of Bayern Munich's Peruvian striker Claudio Pizarro on a free transfer.

The 28-year-old joined Jose Mourinho's side after agreeing personal terms and undergoing a medical.

Pizarro told Chelsea TV: "I think it's very important for me to win titles and I have the chance here to win them.

"The most important thing is the Champions League, which I was looking to win with Bayern but we didn't have the chance."

Pizarro added: "I think we have a good team, a good trainer and a chance to win it.

"I had some interesting offers, but the most important thing was that I talked to the coach, I talked to the people here and they were very interested. We have many chances to win titles here and that's what I want."

Pizarro joins Danny Philliskirk and Steve Sidwell as Chelsea's summer signings

This thread needs to be updated....

Reo-Coker to Villa for ?7m?

Aston Villa have made a ?7m bid for West Ham captain Nigel Reo-Coker.

The 23-year-old handed in a transfer request at Upton Park at the end of the season and boss Alan Curbishley said he would listen to offers of about ?8m.

Reo-Coker, who is also the England Under-21 skipper, has also been linked with Arsenal, Tottenham and Newcastle.

West Ham are in discussions with a potential replacement already, as they have agreed a fee with Newcastle over the ?8m signing of Scott Parker.

The Hammers also had an offer accepted by Manchester City for Joey Barton, but he is having a medical at Newcastle instead.

Barton having medical at Newcastle over ?5.5m move...

Joey Barton has undergone a medical at Newcastle after agreeing a ?5.5m deal for the Manchester City midfield man.

West Ham have also had an offer accepted and been given permission to talk to the 24-year-old.

But Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce is hopeful of stealing a march on his West Ham counterpart Alan Curbishley.

Barton, on his way out at City after an alleged training ground assault on team-mate Ousmane Dabo, may also meet Hammers officials.

A statement on the City website revealed: "We can confirm that Joey Barton has requested permission to speak to two clubs.

Viduka agrees to Newcastle Switch...

Newcastle have agreed in principle to sign Middlesbrough striker Mark Viduka.

The 31-year-old Australian has been offered an extended deal by Boro boss Gareth Southgate but has yet to give an answer to the Teessiders.

Newcastle say they have no comment to make about Viduka's possible switch from the Riverside to St James' Park.

Portsmouth and West Ham are also believed to be keen on Viduka and Birmingham have reportedly joined the chase to sign him as well.

Lua Lua is having a moan, saying that if he was in spain then a team would be bulit around him, and that a team should be bulit around him at pompey.

WOW he's sure got some guts speaking like this, evne more so against Harry Redknapp. Thankfully Harry has only had ago at him for his form and general play. Which can be good but he lacks the team passing approach.

I wouldn't be surprised if pompey gets another striker to pair with Benjani, sure he doesn't score much but his work allows the midfield to push up more while he can attack them from every direction. At least he got 6 goals last season thats 4 more then Lua Lua, he also had some injury problems but still played.

7 million for Reo-Coker? What a rip off, West Ham will be laughing all the way to the bank :p.

Parker? Barton? Reo-Coker? Joey Barton is the best "football player" out of the lot, but the guy is scum.

It seems Barton has agreed to join Newcastle for ?70k a week I would say thats no loss imo...

Yeah seeing as we paid ?500k for Reo-Coker in 200:D:D

Parker has signed a 5 year deal for ?7m....

West Ham United have completed the signing of Newcastle midfielder Scott Parker in a ?7m transfer.

Parker, 26, who joins on a five-year contract, will link up at Upton Park with manager Alan Curbishley, who was his boss at the Addicks.

Curbishley said: "He's been captain of Newcastle over the last couple of seasons and he's exactly the type of player that I wanted to bring in.

"He's very experienced but still young - I'm sure he'll be a big asset."

Curbishley was in the market for a central midfielder as skipper Nigel Reo-Coker is set to leave the club this summer.

Parker spent seven years with Curbishley at The Valley and made his England debut against Denmark in 2003 before completing a ?10m move to Chelsea.

But with first-team opportunities limited at Stamford Bridge, he moved to St James' Park in a ?6.5m deal in 2005 and was made skipper last summer

Parker is a decent signing but we need at least 1 big time transfer who can seriously shake up the dressing room in the right direction and can do the business on the pitch.

Parker is a decent signing but we need at least 1 big time transfer who can seriously shake up the dressing room in the right direction and can do the business on the pitch.

Yeah we do need someone big...I mean I want Tevez to stay because he is our goal machine but who knows...we need another striker tho with Marlon going sometime...

^ Agreed. Marlon Harewood has been going through a long dry spell hasn't he? I'm just glad Alonso, Reina, Gerrard, and Carragher are going to be at Liverpool till 2012 :)

I really hope Garcia, Riise, Agger, Kuyt, Crouch, Kewell, and Finnan extend their deals too. I'm eager to see how Voronin will do with the Reds.

edit: I really hope Bellamy goes to West Ham. He's not fit to be a Red.

^ Agreed. Marlon Harewood has been going through a long dry spell hasn't he? I'm just glad Alonso, Reina, Gerrard, and Carragher are going to be at Liverpool till 2012 :)

I really hope Garcia, Riise, Agger, Kuyt, Crouch, Kewell, and Finnan extend their deals too. I'm eager to see how Voronin will do with the Reds.

edit: I really hope Bellamy goes to West Ham. He's not fit to be a Red.

Yeah Harewood is a ball hogger imo...he just runs with the ball and never passes and when he does its to late so with him going that would be alright by me...Seems Tevez is Inter bound after they said they wanted him :(

Tuncay signed M'Boro yesterday. I am sad as a Fenerbah?e supporter but I expect him to play for one of the big clubs next season.

Tuncay signed M'Boro yesterday. I am sad as a Fenerbah?e supporter but I expect him to play for one of the big clubs next season.

I was really suprised I have to say he went to Boro not dissing Boro in anyway but if FM has taught me anything its that Tuncay is amazing:DD

LOL I always buy Tuncay in championship manager because he is prehaps the best striker in the game. But back to real life, I find boro a slighty boring club but they seem to have prehaps 2 of the best strikers in the league now, they got lots of money :(