[Soccer/Football] Summer Transfers?

LOL I always buy Tuncay in championship manager because he is prehaps the best striker in the game. But back to real life, I find boro a slighty boring club but they seem to have prehaps 2 of the best strikers in the league now, they got lots of money :(

They don't have alot of money...they are just playing the field...looking for freebies...just like Chelsea who are close to securing Ben Haim from Bolton...they spent just ?1 this summer Chelsea that is...

But the wages is also a major thing.

Even Pompey at the moment must be bursting at the seams because I'm sure of our players aren't cheap to pay.

But the wages is also a major thing.

Even Pompey at the moment must be bursting at the seams because I'm sure of our players aren't cheap to pay.

Yeah I would imagine Tuncay is gonna become the highest earner there because of his reputation and skill...

It seems West Ham are close to securing a new signing tho not been revealed (its gonna be Darren Bent)...tho does he like Championship football...come Monday that could be a possibility...

Yeah I would imagine Tuncay is gonna become the highest earner there because of his reputation and skill...

It seems West Ham are close to securing a new signing tho not been revealed (its gonna be Darren Bent)...tho does he like Championship football...come Monday that could be a possibility...

REJECTED :laugh:

Sky Sports News understands Darren Bent has turned down the chance to join West Ham United.

The Charlton striker had been in talks with former manager Alan Curbishley on Thursday, and was expected to undergo a medical at Upton Park on Friday.

However, the England international has opted against a move to East London, leaving West Ham frustrated in their pursuit of Curbishley's former charge.

The Hammers are believed to be the only club to have matched Charlton's asking price for Bent, and it remains to be seen whether their failure to agree terms with the 23-year-old will provoke rival suitors to make their move.

Tottenham are understood to be keen on the Valley star, whilst Liverpool and Valencia have also been linked with Bent following Charlton's relegation.

West Ham chairman Eggert Magnusson revealed earlier on Thursday he was hoping to announce a major signing in the coming days but, if Bent was the mystery man, then the Icelandic businessman may have to rethink his plans.

REJECTED :laugh:

Oh well...I ain't to bothered really he isn't worth ?17m...not even worth ?7m im:D:D

I would probably pay about 8 million to 10 million for him. He is a great player though...but as you say he is not worth ?17 million + ?80,000 a week (not to mention the ?2,000,000 he will probably get just for signing!).

Joey Barton finally moved today...for more then before ?5.8m...I am soooooooo pleased we didn't get him..his reputation is enough not to sign him:))

I bet Tuncay will go to M Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea next season, he is free to go to any team that gives 5 million pounds next season(because of agreement).

I bet Tuncay will go to M Utd, Liverpool or Chelsea next season, he is free to go to any team that gives 5 million pounds next season(because of agreement).

?5m?....seems a bit low for a player of his stature...oh well that means he could go to those clubs but it all depends really if he settles in England...Emre at Newcastle took a while...

Yeah but Emre was a bit unfortunate. Especially the case against him. I am sure he didn't say anything racist, i mean if a Turkish person wants to say this kind of thing, he directly says monkey, ape is very unfamiliar to us. Anyway, i don't believe he did something like that and racism is bad.

Tuncay is just trying to shine in the international area so being transferred to a big club is more than he wants, he will probably try to earn more money as years go by but as you said he must settle..I hope so anyway..He was discovered by a scout while playing with his friends and his family was not very rich..I hope him the best.

Yeah but Emre was a bit unfortunate. Especially the case against him. I am sure he didn't say anything racist, i mean if a Turkish person wants to say this kind of thing, he directly says monkey, ape is very unfamiliar to us. Anyway, i don't believe he did something like that and racism is bad.

Tuncay is just trying to shine in the international area so being transferred to a big club is more than he wants, he will probably try to earn more money as years go by but as you said he must settle..I hope so anyway..He was discovered by a scout while playing with his friends and his family was not very rich..I hope him the best.

At least you still have Kezman I have always rated him...

Fenerbah?e's forward players are really bad but i think it's because of league. Anelka didn't celebrate a single goal he scored in Turkey but he is on clouds when he scores one in UK. Roberto Carlos came to Fenerbah?e, and a few famous players will come too but our teams were not successful in international area, except Galatasaray which won the UEFA and Super Cup. Anyway, i believe Tuncay will be successful and i'm pretty sure lots of Turkish people will support Boro this season:):)

Fenerbah?e's forward players are really bad but i think it's because of league. Anelka didn't celebrate a single goal he scored in Turkey but he is on clouds when he scores one in UK. Roberto Carlos came to Fenerbah?e, and a few famous players will come too but our teams were not successful in international area, except Galatasaray which won the UEFA and Super Cup. Anyway, i believe Tuncay will be successful and i'm pretty sure lots of Turkish people will support Boro this season:):)

Yeah I think Turkish football is interesting...I wish I could follow it more because I like Fenebahc:):)

It seems Darren Bent is going to Spurs now...*rolls eyes*

?17 million? You are joking me for Darren Bent? Is he really worth that much? Most likey not!

I think Defoe and Robbie Keane are better then him, and I suspect they won't go for that much.

But pomepy still need a good striker and we would happy to take Defoe

?17 million? You are joking me for Darren Bent? Is he really worth that much? Most likey not!

I think Defoe and Robbie Keane are better then him, and I suspect they won't go for that much.

But pomepy still need a good striker and we would happy to take Defoe

He is off to Spurs now...as I said earlier he aint worth ?8m in my opinion but saying that I would imagine Spurs will pay about ?12m for him...

I see Fenerbarce got a new player from sheff utd...Kazim Richards...that was a shock if you ask me...

I see Fenerbarce got a new player from sheff utd...Kazim Richards...that was a shock if you ask me...

People believe he has lots of potential, he plays on national team too..

I hope he plays good in FB

Defoe is crap.

He is a midget that never scores!

Martyn, are you INSANE!?!?!?! I LOVE Defoe. He's such a scoring threat. He reminds me of Michael Owen in his prime a lot. I'd love to see him in a Liverpool shirt someday.

He does not tend to score many goals though.

And...he bit Mascherano :p

He scores enough. Maybe if he's in the starting eleven more frequently, then you'll start to see many goals coming in. He's barely ever given a chance!

He does not tend to score many goals though.

And...he bit Mascherano :p

When he went to Bournemouth on Loan when he was at West Ham he set a Post War Record :D

Tho now Jol doesn't give him a chance...its a shame I also rate him...

If he was good enough he would not have moved from small club to small club...and if he cant get in the starting XI for Spurs then how can he get in the starting XI for Liverpool? Fair enough Spurs do have a decent strike force in Berbatov and Keane, but the season before last when Berbatov was not at Spurs he still could not get in the team.

He is a good player, but is not Liverpool quality.

If he was good enough he would not have moved from small club to small club...and if he cant get in the starting XI for Spurs then how can he get in the starting XI for Liverpool? Fair enough Spurs do have a decent strike force in Berbatov and Keane, but the season before last when Berbatov was not at Spurs he still could not get in the team.

He is a good player, but is not Liverpool quality.

Yeah I don't think he is needed at Liverpool to be honest...you have Kuyt and Voronin and also if you purchase another one in the summer...I say that because Bellamy seems to be leaving in some form another...

Also is Spurs buy Bent then Defoe's Spurs career is over imo...